A Chance She'll Never Wake Up

Hailey's POV

I get a text from Jay asking where we are. I reply with, "Is everything okay, why aren't you at the hospital." "They said she'll be out for a while so I thought my time would be better spent catching the son of a bitch who did this." Jay says. "Were still at 51." I reply back. "Okay I'll be there in 5." Jay says. "Who was that." Adam asks. "Jay, he's joining us on the case." I say. "Why isn't he with Lilah?" Adam asks. "The doctors have put her in a medically induced coma for the time being and knowing Jay he just wants to find whoever did this." I say and Adam nods, "That's what I would do too, we'll I did." Adams says.

MED

Sylvie's POV

I sit in the waiting room of med unable to remain still. My hands are trembling as each tear streams down my face, each one causing me to choke up more than the last. Doctor Hammer, Halstead, Manning and Marcel walk out, and we all rise. We all look at them with hope in our eyes, but they instead say, "Delilah and Stella both have severe bleeding on the brain, and we've moved them up to the ICU, and unfortunately we don't know what the damage will be like when they wakes up." Doctor hammer says and I throw my head into my hands and begin to sob deeper. "Kelly on the other hand is stabilising although he will be in severe pain when he does wake, he has six broken ribs, extensive bruising and cuts which majority of will leave scars, just general lung pain from the chest tube and a nasty concussion. Most of that is from most likely getting thrown and that landing followed by Stella and Lilah's landing which as you guys said was on top of Kelly." Manning says and we nod. "Thanks docs." Casey says. "Sorry it couldn't be better news." Will says.

Jay's POV

I pick up my phone and see a text from Casey with the update on Lilah and I walk into the locker room. I fall to the floor and my head falls into my hands and I stay there and sob. I hear quiet footsteps followed by a soft hand on my shoulder. I turn around and see Hailey. I don't say anything I just fall into her arms. I pull away and stand up and walk out into the bullpen. "Do we have any suspect anything, because if we do I want a run at them, I'll make them talk, make them pay." I say. "Jay calm down, we'll get there." Voight says. "I damn hope we do because they're now saying there's a chance Lilah will never wake up." I say and the room falls silent. I look around before saying, "Stop looking at me with you pity and get to work." I say and Voight walks over to me. He puts his arms on the side of my arms, but I knock them off. "Jay. Jay. Listen to me, we will catch them, but you can't be on this case, and as of now your off it, so go to Med, or grab the girls, or even just go home, do what you've got to do." Voight says and I open my mouth to speak but he cuts me off, "No buts Jay, this is unnegotiable." Voight says and I nod before grabbing my things and heading off to grab Brin and Immie from day care and school. I walk into Immie's day care and as soon as I get to the car and look at her I just sob. All I can see in her is her mom. I squeeze her so tight and give her a kiss before placing her into her car seat. Next, I head to Brin's school, this is the part I'm dreading, the days not over so as soon as she sees me there, she'll know somethings up and I don't know how to tell her, or what even to tell her. I walk into the office, Immie's baby carrier in my left hand. I walk up to the desk and request sign out before the teacher calls Brin's name over the P.A. and a few minutes later she comes strolling down the hall as if she already knows what is happening. When she sees me, I see her eyes tear up and she runs towards me and falls into my chest. "Where's mommy?" She asks with a sniffle. I wipe the tear off her face and place Immie down on the floor. I get down to Brin's level which is on my knees and grab her hands. "Umm.. She's at the hospital Brinny." I say choking up. "Is she going to be okay, please tell me she's going to be okay." Brin says and I just want to tell her she will be, but I know I can't do that. "I don't know Baby." I say and she falls into my chest. "Can we go see her?" Brin asks. "I don't know if the hospital will let us baby, no one's allowed yet, but we can wait in the waiting room after we grab some things from home and get you guys changed into something comfy." I say and she nods. "It's bad isn't it." Brin asks. "If I'm being honest yes, but you and I have got to stay strong for your mom and for Immie. Can you do that?" I ask and Brin nods tears still streaming down her face. I grab Brins backpack and sling it over my shoulder and pick up Immie before picking up brin who puts her legs around my waist and arms around my neck burying her head into my chest. I can feel her tears soaking through my shirt and I feel like crying.

1 hour later

Gabby's POV

I watch as Jay walks through the door with Brin red eyed and holding Jay's hand tightly. "Hey, how are you holding up." I ask him. "You know. Do you mind watching them a sec, I'm going to go find Will." Jay says. "Yeah of course." I say grabbing Brin's hand and taking Immie's carrier off Jay as he places their overnight bag down.

Jay's POV

I walk into the ED and I see Maggie. "Hey Jay." She says giving me a hug which I take as I desperately needed one in that moment. "Have you heard anything." I ask with desperation. "Unfortunately, not Jay, and as soon as I have any information big or small, I promise you you'll be the first to know. And if there's anything I can do, just give me a shout." Maggie says. "Thanks Mags. Have you see Will by any chance?" I ask. "Doctor's lounge last time I saw." Maggie says and I smile before walking over there.