As Long as I Have You

Stella's POV

Maggie walks out into the waiting room. "Kelly's out of surgery, awake and asking for you." she says. I follow her to Kelly's room. I give him a big hug and start to cry. "Hey, it's okay, I'm okay Stells." He says pulling me closer. He kisses me. "You scared the life out of me." I say. "I'm sorry." He says grabbing my hand and kissing it. "Is Lilah okay she was in that room with me." He asks. "She's two rooms down from you, she had some glass in her abdomen that's all, she's awake and fine." I say. "What about you and the little man." He asks. "Stressed and tired." I say. He kisses me on the head. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." He says.

Delilah's POV

"He's out of surgery and awake, Stella's with him now but he was asking to see you too." She says. Oh, thank God I think to myself. "Thanks Maggie, as soon as Stella's out I'll go see him." I say. "Make sure she doesn't walk out." Maggie says looking at Jay. "Got it Mags." He says. He looks at me and laughs. "Even Maggie already notices your stubbornness." He says. I glare at him. "You know it's true." He says kissing me on the forehead making me laugh. Maggie walks in again about 15 minutes later and says, "Stella said she's going to stay in there with Kelly but wanted me to let you know you can come and see him." She grabs me a wheelchair and Jay pushes me to Kelly's room two rooms down. "You're enjoying this way more than you should be." I say to him. "Well, it's rare you don't get to be miss independent." He says. He kisses me on the head and leaves me in Kelly's room. "What happened to you." Kelly says laughing. "The same as you, just not as bad." I say. I give him a hug. "I'm glad you're ok." I say, "I knew you were lying to me when you said you were fine in that Kitchen." "I don't even remember saying that." He says. "Well, you were hiding that injury too." He says. "Actually, I didn't know it was there until I felt a stabbing pain and saw the blood through my shirt." I say. He laughs. "Still." He says. "Did you end up finding that woman." He asks. "Cruz and Gallo did they found her a few seconds before you passed out onto me." I say, "Between you and Stella I'm surprised I didn't have to get this glass surgically removed, it must of just been in the right place where it wasn't lodged any further into my skin." "That's true." Stella says. "It's also good it didn't cut either of you too." I say. "When do you get discharged. "Stella asks. They said I'm good to go tonight but I've got to be off work for a week until the stitches come out then I'm all good to go." I say. "Lucky." Kelly says. "Do you need me to take you home or is Jay going to take you." She asks. "I think Jay will. Do you need anything from the firehouse because Jay is going to stop by the firehouse anyway to get all my stuff?" I say. "Yeah, I do need some stuff." She says. "Okay I think everyone from 51 is coming to see Kelly then go home because Chief has taken us all off duty due to having no officers and low numbers, so if you could either write a list of the things you need or go with Jay." I say. "I'll probably go with Jay; I don't want to forget something on my list and all. She says. "Okay then, I'll stay here with Kelly then." She looks at me "And I promise to call if anything changes." I say reading Stella's mind. Stella kisses Kelly and hugs me before finding Jay and heading off to the firehouse, I already gave Jay the list of what I need, I basically said my phone somewhere in the common room and my bag with stuff. I sit with Kelly, and he asks me about Jay. "So how are you and Halstead going, it looks pretty serious from I'm standing, tell me if I'm wrong." "We're going really good, and yeah were getting pretty serious, he moved in with me the night before the Gender reveal and we've been going pretty good." I say. Kelly smiles at me. "It's good to see you happy and in a relationship again." He says, "You're good for each other." I look at Kelly in disbelief of what he just said. "And before you say it because I can clearly tell that's what you're going to say, I mean it and also when you almost die, I try and calm down how mean I am towards you." He says the final bit making me laugh. "You're funny." I say, "I hope this kid has a bit of Stella in him because otherwise god help Stella, she's going to pull her hair out with a third crazy Severide who has 900 million lives, is an absolute daredevil, is terrible at talking about emotions, is very stubborn and opinionated." I say making him laugh. "But also she loves all this chaotic Severide stuff, like first she was friends with you for like what over 30 years now and then got married to me, I think were her type." Kelly says. I nod. "Facts." I say laughing. We continue to talk until Stella and Jay return when I go back to my room and change. I then get visited by 51 and talk with them for a bit before signing the discharge paperwork and leaving just as intelligence walks in. Voight says to me "I'm glad to see you're ok." "Thanks sergeant and I also didn't mean to steal your detective from you or for him to leave like he did." I say. "I know it had good intentions and purpose so it's all good, the main thing is that you're ok and from what I can tell going home with a few cuts and bruises." Voight says. "And a few stitches." I say laughing. He walks up to Jay. "I know you were worried about her, but next time just be a bit clearer with what you were doing and why if you could and look after her." Voight says. "I'll be sure to next time but hopefully there is no next time, and don't worry about that." Jay says. Most of the unit gives me a hug and wishes me the best and many variations of be more careful next time. Jay wheels me up to his car and I strap myself in. He goes around the driver's side and sits down. He tucks my hair behind my ear and kisses me. "Let's go home Babe." He says.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I love Stella being concerned for Kelly and Kelly and Lilah's relationship they're both so fun to write. :)