I Love You Too Jay Halstead

30 Minutes later

Stella's POV

Lilah hasn't said anything to me I'm not even sure what happened and don't want to overstep but I haven't seen her like this in a long time. As soon as we got back to the house, she sat on her bunk at put her headphones in. She even refused everyone's offers to continue to poker game from earlier. I pull Kelly away from the poker game to ask him what happened when I left Lilah with Squad. "What happened with Lilah on that call?" I ask . "Her, well Diana Caleb's mom was the victim, but she handled it Stella." Kelly says. "But she didn't Kel I found her in the truck afterward doubled over I think she was having a panic attack Kel." I say and Kelly looks at me concerned. "Did she say anything to you?' Kelly asks. "She said she was fine but it wasn't convincing." I say. "I'll go speak to her." Kelly says and I nod.

Kelly's POV

I walk into the bunk room and see Lilah lying on the bed, phone in hand, headphones in. I walk over to her and sit on the edge of her bunk. She doesn't acknowledge me just continues on. I look at her number 1 to check if she's okay but also to try and work out if she's ignoring me or just zoned out. I come to the conclusion that she's zoned out so I softly tap her on the shoulder causing her to flinch and clench her fist. "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I say softly. "Wanna talk about what happened on that call?" I ask trying not to be pushy. She just shakes her head and I nod. "Can I do anything for you?" I ask and she just shakes her head. "Okay then well you know where to find me if you need me." I say. As I walk out Capp asks me, "Do you know where Delilah is, there's someone on the apron asking for her?" "Who is it?" I ask. "It's that woman from that church call this morning." Capp says. "I'll handle it." I say and Capp nods and walks the other way. "I walk back into the bunk room and Lilah looks at me, pulls an air pod out and says, "What is it Kell?" "It's Diana she's out on the apron asking for you. You don't have to talk to her though I can bluff you out of it if you want." I say. "It's fine Kell I'll handle it." Lilah says putting her headphones away before walking past me to talk to Diana.

Delilah's POV

I walk out onto the apron and I see her. Before I can even ask her why she's here she just blurts out. "I've thought a lot over the last 8 years about how I wronged the last piece of family I had and that's you. I bet your probably married and have other kids and a new mother-in-law but umm I think I would regret it if I never told you how sorry I am for everything I did to you. I know my son would've wanted me to apologize to you even if I should've done it so much sooner. You did nothing wrong and for me to believe some psycho over you was the stupidest thing I ever did biggest mistake of my entire life," I go to say something but she continues "I just wanted to say thank you for saving my life and giving me this opportunity to apologize to you even if you don't accept it, which I wouldn't blame you if you didn't I was awful to you. That's all I have to say." She says. "Diana well umm I can't forgive you. At least not right now, I loved you son I truly did and for you to believe I would do that to not only him but the family I had found in that firehouse will still hurt. And uhh yeah, I did get remarried, and I have three other daughters, but I do not have a new mother-in-law." I say. "I know the answer will most likely be no but uh do you have a photo of Brinley that I could see." "Uhh yeah I guess." I say pulling my phone out my pocket. "That's her at her last dance competition a few weeks ago. I say showing Diana. Diana begins tearing up before saying, "She's beautiful Delilah she looks just like you." And I slightly smile. "Thanks again for umm well saving me, I'll get out your hair now." Diana says and I nod before she turns around and leaves.

Kelly's POV

Delilah walks back over to us and smiles before walking back into the firehouse. It seemed to go okay on the bright side at least no one ended up dead.

Delilah's POV

I knock on Casey's office door and ask for an early sign off for the night. I sign the necessary forms before grabbing my stuff and sneaking out the back of the firehouse to my car. I drive home texting Jay:

LILAH: "I'm picking the kids up from day-care, Brin from After school care xx."

JAY: "Don't you have work? What's going on???xx"

LILAH: "I'm fine Jay honestly no need to worry just need to clear my head and the kids are good for that, I promise to tell you when you get home xx

JAY: "Okay, promise you'll call me if you need me? I love you Liles xxx <3"

LILAH: "I will, I love you too Jay Halstead xxx"

I pull up at the After-school care first where Brin is surprised to see me. She runs up and hugs me a hug which was greatly needed after a day like today. "I thought you were in work tonight?" Brin asks. "Well, they let me come home because they didn't need all of us tonight." I say and she smiles. "Okay you got all your stuff." I ask and she nods. "Okay give me your backpack." I say and take her backpack off of her before taking her hand as we walk back to the car. I load her in the back. We drive onto the day-care to pick up the twins and Imogen.