Not Think, Know

Continued from the last chapter ...

Delilah's POV

As I get down there Kelly tells me to leave once more a suggestion, I violently shake my head in response to. I continue pulling as the halligan is no longer any use without hurting him. I begin pulling for a good what feels like an eternity but probably only a minute using other piles of rubble as leverage to pull him out. All the pulling is making my right shoulder ache but I push through knowing I have to for Kelly. Kelly's already had my tank for a good ten minutes meaning he only has probably 1 minute after he shared it with the girl and the fact I used it at the beginning. I continue pulling until his arm slips out where he is able to help me pull him out. After a lot more tugging we manage to get him out but as we do the pain in my shoulder is unbearable and as much as I'm in denial I can tell I've dislocated my shoulder but I won't let Kelly know that. As I do however I can see his air is out and he's now holding his breath. Thankfully we make it out of the boat I'm just hoping I can make it to the surface with my shoulder and the amount of time I've been holding my breath for. As we reach the surface Kelly splutters obviously having swallowed some water as after the pain and long-time under, he was exhausted. The rescue crew hoist him up before they go to grab me. "Pull only my left arm up please." I say as the adrenaline is starting to wear off and the pain is starting to get to me. They hoist me up thankfully I'm light and take us to shore where Evan and Violet are waiting for us after sending off the other ambo.

Stella's POV

I see two heads float to the surface and let out a sign of relief. They help Kelly onto the boat before I see Lilah being pulled up immediately after. I wait on the side of the shore for the boat to pull in just wanting to confirm that he's actually alive and what I'm currently seeing isn't just a figment of my imagination. As the boat pulls up I immediately pull Kelly into an embrace kissing his forehead before letting him get checked out by Vie and Evan. I then give Lilah the same her warning me before I do, "Watch the shoulder." Which as she points it out I can immediately see she's dislocated it. "Thank you." I whisper into her ear. "All in a days work." She replies with a hint of cockiness before Evan calls her over to relocate her shoulder.

Delilah's POV

Violet checks on Kelly whose swallowed a bit of water and probably has at least some extensive bruising. Evan offers me some meds to help with the pain for when he reduces my shoulder which I decline resulting him shooting me with an okay tough guy kinda look obviously thinking I'm crazy. He counts down from three and relocates my shoulder which hurt like a bitch however I wouldn't let that onto the others especially Evan after the look he shot me a few seconds prior. He hands me a sling which I put on before loading Kelly, Stella and I into the back of the Ambo. Kylie goes and grabs my phone for me whilst I was getting checked on so I can text Jay.

Jay's POV

It's a slow day in the bullpen filled with the paperwork everyone has left due to procrastination from the past week or three weeks if your Adam. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and pull it out. Lilah's name flashes on the screen and I open the message which reads, "Hey babe just thought I would give you a heads up so when I come home tonight with a sling it's not a complete surprise but I dislocated my shoulder saving Kelly and the ambo is taking us to med now. I'm fine I promise but if you're not busy I would love a visit. I love you xx" "Ill be there in 5 babe, I love you too xxx." Is my response.

Delilah's POV

"Thank you for sticking it out even when I told you to leave me for dead." Kelly says sweetly. "Not for one minute was I going to leave you in that boat, I mean it, like you said if there's a way I'm going to find it and until I find it I'm going to keep trying." I say the end part being something he said to me a long time ago when I was at my lowest. "I love you Delilah, you the best cousin I could ask for and a pretty damn loyal friend too." Kelly says. "If I wasn't strapped into this chair right now with one good arm I would give you a big hug right now and I love you too Kel." I say almost tearing up as I know it's rare for both of us to say things like that to each other . We pull up at the hospital Stella and I hopping out before Kelly is wheeled out on the gurney. His bruises definitely more apparent and the pain starting to sink in as the adrenaline has started to wear off. When we walk in Jay is already waiting for me. I give him a hug, obviously with one arm as my right is strapped tight against my chest which I am already utterly annoyed by. As I leave his embrace, he goes to say something, but Maggie calls me over and Jay follows. "Let's get you checked out I heard you held your breath for some time so I wanna check your lungs as well as that shoulder." Maggie says bringing me to one of the treatment rooms. "I'm fine honestly Mags this isn't necessary." I protest. "Nuh uh you are getting checked out." Mags replies and I walk into the room and climb onto the familiar hospital beds. Jay stays beside me whilst I make a quick retelling of today's events before Stevie comes in and checks me out. As I suspected my lungs were clear. However, she still wanted me to get an MRI for my shoulder just in case of nerve damage. I really wanted to protest on that but one simple look from Jay set me straight.

Stella's POV

Kelly's retelling the events of the boat my mind blown by what Lilah did. Her selflessness, perseverance and her strength which are all things I knew she had but hearing Kelly tell me about she was his hero reminded me of just how extraordinary that woman is. A few tears were shed especially when he mentioned how he thought he was not going to make it. Kelly is transferred to a room for overnight observation as they found small amounts of internal bleeding which they are hoping can be controlled by rest and medication. After a few minutes of being up there Lilah and Jay walk in. Lilah in a black brace over her shoulder, Jay holding onto her good hand.

Kelly's POV

"How's the shoulder." I ask. "It's fine, it just needs to be in this brace for 2 weeks with a daily physical therapy routine for four weeks but thankfully there's no nerve damage so I should be back to work in 4-6 weeks. What about your .. well everywhere." Lilah asks. "Uhm better than I thought I would be, a tad amount of internal bleeding but without you it could have been much worse." I say with a smile. "Anyone could have done that I just happened to be there at the right time." Lilah says so nonchalant and humble. "No Lilah no one else could've done that. I don't know anyone else, and I mean this who will hold their breath for five minutes straight take a breath and do it again whilst pulling rubble away that was incredibly heavy may I add. Whilst also fighting off the pain of a dislocated shoulder." I say and Lilah smiles before wrapping her good arm around me and giving me a soft squeeze. Lilah heads home after her and Jay pick up both of our kids completely over hospital much alike I am. Stella spends the rest of the night holding my hand only letting go when I need something or to go the bathroom. I hate that I terrified her once again. Made her believe that she had lost me. And without Lilah I think that would have been the case. Well not think, I know.