Wouldn't Change My Mind

1 Month Later

Delilah's POV

Jay and I are snuggled up on our bed talking about the logistics of the New York trip. As much as Jay knows about the business, we own he's never been to the headquarters with me. He didn't even know the company has a jet that flies me out every few years and this year all of us. "It'll just be a small 4 day thing but the best part is I'm technically only needed in the office for one day so the rest can be spent doing whatever you and the kids want to do." I say and Jay smiles before reiterating "I am already in love with this idea." Something he's already said a few times since I've suggested the trip. "Do you have anything you have a burning desire to do in New York because if you don't speak now it's all up to the girls to decide?" I ask Jay. "I think we should go the statue of liberty together and maybe the empire state building." Jay says smiling at me. "Definitely." I say before kissing him. "Also you know the way Brin always talks about Ice skating maybe just maybe we could go to Rockefeller center and Ice skate there?" Jay says and I can't help but smile. "Yes yes and more yes's." I say with a big smile. "Is there anything you want to do babe?" Jay asks. "I will do anything and everything as long as get to do it with you and our girls." I say before kissing him on the lips. The kiss is however interrupted by our alarm for us to get ready for work.

2 hours later

Stella's POV

Kelly, Lilah, Joe, Gallo, Ridder, Gabby, Violet, Sylvie, Kylie and I are sitting around the common room table playing poker a round Lilah is so far winning when the bells go off. We here the address and I ask myself where I've heard it before and as soon as I look at Lilah I remember why. "That's the church I got married at." Lilah says quietly enough so I'm the only one who hears her whilst we run to the truck. As we pull up at the location, Lilah lets Kelly and I take control. I give the others assignments before quickly asking her "Would you prefer to stay out here or are you good?" "I'm good Stell It's just been a long time that's all." Lilah says putting her mask and helmet on before following me into the building where the rest of squad is surrounding woman trapped in the floor whilst engine and the rest of truck is putting out the fire. "Liles we need you over here." Kelly calls out. I leave Lilah with Squad whilst helping out the rest of my company.

Delilah's POV

I walk over to squad where I see the situation. I immediately recognize the woman and think to myself, "What are the chances of this?" "Liles we need you to squeeze down there with the ropes we don't fit." Kelly says and I nod. They rope me up before lowering me down into the floorboards with the woman. I understand what Kelly meant it's very tight down here even for me. "Hey Diana what's trapped?" I ask, by instinct saying her name leading to a puzzled look on her face. "It's my leg but how do you know my name; I haven't said my name." Diana asks. I take a risk and say, "It's Delilah Diana." Whilst using my halligan to free her leg from the bent floorboards and pieces of concrete rubble. She's speechless but that's to be expected. We haven't spoken in around 8 years. "You're still a firefighter." Is the only thing Diana says and I nod. "Okay I'm gonna wrap this rope around your waist so we can be both pulled up." I say and she nods. I signal to Kelly to pull us up as we get hoisted back up the flames still burning around us. As we touch the ground and Kelly unhooks her ropes Diana says, "I'm sorry Delilah." Which I'm quite taken aback by as the usual response to being saved is Thank You. I help her out of the building and to the ambo to be checked out and get her cuts treated. I hand her off to Violet and Brett before taking off my mask and helmet. I have so many questions for Diana but I don't want to even talk to the woman. I can already feel my breathing growing heavier so I walk to the truck and sit down in the front seat. I bury my head in my knees and pinch my arm. That church, that woman brings back so many memories that for years I've tried to forget about. The custody battle over Brin that Brin didn't even know happened, the constant degrading behaviour of that woman and the grief that I felt when the second man I ever trusted left my life, left me like he forever promised me he wouldn't do. I begin silently crying my breathing to rapid for any tears to leave my eyes. I don't hate the woman I just hate that she never considered the impact of what she was doing because I know for a fact that if she won that custody battle I wouldn't be here right now. I hear a small knock on the door and see Stella. I pull myself together as best as I can but my fingers never let go of my arm. I know I couldn't say anything right now even if I wanted to so I hope actions will be enough for her to understand what I need from her right now. She opens the door and doesn't say anything. Instead she just sits next to me and holds onto me tight. My main problem about Diana is that I saw her as a mother, I thought I had one again something at that point I hadn't had in 12 years but I didn't. I also hate that I feel for her. I know why she was there she's probably wondering what she did wrong to deserve all of this. She's asking for forgiveness because kind of like me she lost everything and well Brin was clinging onto the last piece of family we had. She lost her husband a year before Caleb, then Celeb died and a week later so did his brother in Afghanistan. I think it's taken me a while to realise that. That she's just as broken as I am or was because she still has nothing where I ended up with this whole second chance family in Jay and my firehouse. I let go of my arm and say "Are we going back or is there some more clean-up to do? "They'll handle it you can just stay here Liles." Stella says. "I'll help I'm fine." I say jumping out the truck. I can see that Stella goes to say something but it wouldn't change my mind. 

AN: Hope you enjoyed this chapter, what did you guys think about new episodes I hate the Carver having a crush on Stella storyline it just reminds me of Tyler ewww