How Has it Been a Year

1 Week Later

Kelly's POV

I wake up early and start to make Stella's favourite breakfast for her birthday today. I think back to last year where Stella was almost in identical boats being pregnant on her birthday. It's crazy how that whole year has gone by and how Mason is almost 1. I start cooking the bacon and eggs and toast the bread before I look over at the monitor and see Mason standing up in his crib. I walk to his room and pick him up and bring him to the kitchen where I place him in his highchair whilst I continue to cook breakfast for Stella. I plate up her food before I walk into our bedroom and kiss Stella on the forehead. She begins to stir and kisses me back on the lips. I pull away and say, "Happy Birthday My Love." I say. I grab the tray that I placed down on the dresser and pass it over to her. "You made me breakfast." She says smiling up at me. I grab my plate and Mase and sit next to her in bed.

Stella's POV

I look over at my family and I'm reminded of how everything was last year on this day. Me being 9 months pregnant, Lilah just married, the crazy dizzy spell I had on my birthday at the party. Kelly passes me my presents and I kiss him. I begin opening them one by one Mason taking interest and kind of helping me. I open them and some of the things I got were skincare products like facemasks and serums, a new bathrobe, hair ties since I keep snapping or losing my others, a necklace, and a pair of earrings. Kelly puts the necklace on me for me giving me a kiss on the neck afterwards. I give both him and Mason a kiss before hearing a knock at the door. Kelly opens it and Lilah walks in with Brin. "Hey." Lilah says, both her and Brin with bags of presents in their hands. She places them down and gives Kelly a big hug before Kelly picks up Brin and tickles her making her giggle. I walk out holding Mason's hand as he walks, over to Lilah. I give her a big hug before we all go sit down on the couch. Brin and Lilah pass me my presents which Mason once again is intrigued by and tries to help with. I open her presents and give her and Brin a big hug. "I can't believe you only have three weeks left until your due date." I say to Lilah. "Me neither it's kind of crazy how fast this pregnancy had flown by, but I just can't wait for it to be over and for her to be here." Lilah says and I laugh. "Me too. When's your due date?" I ask. "5th of September but I'll probably be earlier than that." Lilah says. "Wow if you go into labour on Mason's birthday, I will kill you." I say jokingly but also being kind of serious in tone. "I'll try not to." Lilah says and I give her a hug. "If you do though, just to make sure you know I will be at the hospital with you, I won't ditch you, okay." I say and she hugs me. "I would also understand if you didn't come." Lilah says. "Okay good to know but it's not going to matter." I say pulling her in tighter.

2 hours later

Kelly told me to get changed into something nice but not too dressy and nothing else. I'm confused what this is for, but I do what he says, and I get changed into a nice summer flowy dress and Kelly into a polo shirt and shorts. He changed Mase into some clothes that are almost identical to his and are super cute before we head off to an undisclosed location. We pull up to this nice restaurant and I look over at Kelly and our eyes lock with each other's and we both lean in and our lips brush against each other's before we pull into a passionate kiss. We pull out the kiss after about 30 seconds maybe more, I couldn't really tell due to being lost in the kiss. We open our doors and Kelly grabs Mase out of his car seat before we walk into the restaurant our hands and eyes locked. We sit down at this nice table with a view of the cloud gate. We eat before heading for a stroll around millennial park.

2 days later

Delilah's POV

I turn over, over and over again not being able to get comfortable. I open my eyes and grab my phone. I look at the time and see 2:45 am and realise it's my birthday. I begin scrolling through my phone and Jay turns over and looks up at me. "Can't sleep?" He asks. "What do you think." I say sarcastically and he pulls me close to him placing his arms around my waist kissing my neck a few times. "And Happy Birthday Babe." He says and I kiss him. "Thank you." I say. I lay there for a bit before we both drift off to sleep. I wake around 8 and see Jay staring lovingly at me. "Hey." I say before kissing him. Jay walks out and returns around 10 minutes later with my favourite breakfast bacon and pancakes with melted chocolate spread on them. We eat lying next to each other before he begins passing me my presents. Brin sits between us and watches me open my presents. I give them both a hug and a kiss once I've opened them all before we drop Brin off at school. When we get home I snuggle up with Jay on the couch and we put on some tv. I lean my head against Jay's chest and he brushes his fingers through my hair the other hand on my bump kissing me on the cheek a few times.

7 hours later

Brin and I are playing in her room when Jay calls me out saying he has a surprise for me. I walk out and see Stella, Kelly, Sylvie, and Hailey standing in the living room. "Surprise." They all say and I smile. I walk over to them giving each of them a big hug before we sit down on the couch we talk for a while, Mason, and Brin off in the play area and Jay asks Hailey, "So when are you going to get back on the dating train Hailey." After Hailey says I feel out of place in this group. "Well, I kind of already have." Hailey says and Jay looks at her shocked. "And why haven't I heard about this." Jay asks and I chuckle before Hailey shrugs her shoulders. "We'll I'm telling you now, plus it's really knew and well I really don't know how far it's going to go so I haven't brought it up but his name's Marcus and he's a guy I've known since high school, and we reconnected at our high school reunion the other week and we've kind of been a thing ever since." Hailey says and I smile. "Good for you." Stella says. We continue talking before we put on a movie Stella and I both obsess over High School Musical. "I've never watched this before." Jay says and Stella looks over at him utterly shocked. "Lilah I'm very disappointed in you." Stella says. "I'm sorry for not forcing Jay to watch this plus Brin watches it with me so I'm fine." I say and Stella nods. "Jay you got off lucky man, back when I first met Lilah she convinced me to watch the entirety of friends with her and we binged it for a week straight except when we were on shift and I was obsessed with it, and then Stella's got me to watch all of the bachelor and all the high school musical movies." Kelly says and we laugh.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's probably one of the longer chapters x :)