A Thousand Times More

That Night

Delilah's POV

It was the first night without Sylvie at the house, it felt weird, but I know she's happy and safe at her new place. We spent the entire day setting up her new house so that only minor things need to be done. Basically, everyone in her life was there except for Gabby and Matt which was expected and kind of good because it saved some uncalled for tension. I finish the episode of Friends that I was barely watching due to being lost in thought before heading off to bed. I lay in my bed alone since Jay got called out last minute with an intelligence case. I fall asleep and wake up in what feels like seconds later to the door opening. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." Jay says kissing my forehead. "It's okay, at least I get to see you." I say and he hugs me closer.

Jay's POV

I feel like breaking down in that moment, what we all witnessed in that case was terrible and if Voight didn't send me home, I would have been up all night trying to solve it. I feel like I should be working on the case, "Everyone else will be." I think to myself. I turn over kiss Lilah on the cheek and get out of bed to grab my computer and the file. I just hope she doesn't see the case, she doesn't need that on her plate.

20 minutes later

Delilah's POV

I turn over and see a light on. "Jay my love, what are you doing, it's like 2 am." I say. "Nothing." He says and I can hear him hiding something. "Spill." I say. "I was just looking up something quickly, that's all." Jay says not completely convincing. "Jay." I say sitting up and looking over at him. "It doesn't involve you." Jay almost yells. "Woah, woah, what's with the yelling, I don't need specific's I'm just asking if it's a work thing or what. And now that you've yelled, we are going to talk about it because it is obviously effecting you." I say. "I'm good Lilah." Jay says bluntly and I just roll my eyes. "Suit yourself." I say grabbing my pillow and heading out to the living room and lay on the couch. I feel like crying, why won't he tell me, he always used to tell me things, what's changed. I get a blanket from the laundry room before snuggling into the blanket and breaking down.

Jay's POV

As soon as Lilah walks out my mind catches back up and I realise what I've just done. I know I have to give her space, so I turn the light back on and continue working on the case my mind distracted with guilt and thoughts. After an hour of scouring for anything, I see Lilah's face in the photos and slam the file shut. I walk out and see Lilah laying on the couch, her eyes red and she looks very uncomfortable. "Hey." I say but she doesn't reply. "Baby I'm sorry, I know I screwed up and that's why I want to tell you the truth." I say and she looks up at me. I grab her hand and she sits up. "Well, you know the case today, so that was about a copycat bomber." I say and she nods, and I can tell she has an idea where this is going. "Caleb." Is all she says and I nod. "Why didn't you tell me, I could help, I know everything, I was so stupid, it was all my fault, I'm the reason they all died, and I didn't die, he killed everyone but the person responsible." Lilah says really fast, and it looks as though she's about to go into a full-on panic attack. "Hey, hey, look at me, what do you mean, none of this is your fault baby, you've got to know that." I say. "But it was Jay. The reason the original guy planted those bombs was to kill me for revenge. Because we missed his girlfriend in a fire, and what room was her body found. The one I checked. You may think I make amazing saves because I know a mistake like that can kill more than one person." Lilah says and I look her in the eyes. I kiss her and pull away before looking her dead in the eyes. "That gave them no right to do what they did and it is definitely not your fault, okay." I say and she slightly smiles. "Can you at least let me help you, because I want to do everything so no one else has to go through what I did." Lilah says and I nod. "I would love that and I'm really sorry for not telling you straight away. I didn't want to make you upset, that's why I hid it, and I'm sorry, I thought lying to you would be better than telling you, but I've realised either way you got hurt and I never want to hurt you. I love you so much." I say and she gives me a big hug. "Thank you and I accept your apology and I get it, I understand why you did it, but next time just be straight with me please." Lilah says. "I promise, now let's get you back to a nice comfortable bed." I say picking her up and carrying her back to our room.

Gabby's POV

I turn over and see Matt fast asleep I slowly open the bedside table draws and pull out the pregnancy test I took earlier. I never got a chance to look at it because I wanted to keep it a secret from Matt, but I have a feeling I already know what the result is. I turn it over and see the two lines clear as day. "I'm pregnant." I mutter. As much as I want to celebrate in that moment I don't. I feel like I've completely betrayed everyone now, and they are all going to hate me a thousand times more than they already do.