Close This Case

The Next Day, The Loft

Kelly's POV

I'm sitting at home on the couch, and I get a call. It's Voight. "Who is it." Stella asks. "Voight." I reply. "Hey Severide, I was wondering if you and Averton could come to the district to go over some things from the case." Voight says. "Sure, I'll go grab her, I'll be there in about 20 minutes." I reply. He hangs up the call. "What was that about." Stella asks. "They want me and Liles down at the district." I tell Stella. "Over that arson fire we responded to?" she asks. "Yeah." I reply. I pick up my phone again. I call Lilah. "Hey Liles, Voight was wondering if you could come down to the district to talk over this Arson investigation with me. Are you available to come with me." I ask. "If you can find someone to watch Brin then yes otherwise it's a no." She replies. "Stella could watch her and it shouldn't be too long." I say. "Ok I'll drop her around now then we can go to the district together because I don't know where that is." She says laughing towards the end. Five minutes later Lilah and Brin arrive. She looks at Brin "You be good for Aunty Stella ok." Lilah says. "Ok." Brin replies. "Thanks again Stells and don't be afraid to tell this one off." She says. "No worries and we'll see about that, she's pretty terrifying." Stella replies sarcastically.

District 21

Hanks's POV

"Ok since we got OFI's report we now know it was indeed arson, I've brought Delilah Averton and Lieutenant Severide from 51 to help us gain information because so far we've gotten nowhere. They should be here any minute now." Voight says. As if I jinxed it Platt buzzes them upstairs and they begin walking up the steps to the bullpen.

Delilah's POV

Damn this place must be fancy if you must buzz up to get inside, I think to myself. I walk up and see all the same people from the scene sitting at desks. "And here they are." Voight says, "Thanks for coming guys." "No worries." Kelly and I say in unison.

Jay's POV

I watch as Averton walks up the steps next to Kelly. She's wearing a black t-shirt and jeans. I look over at her and smile.

Delilah's POV

 "What have you got so far." Kelly asks. "Honestly, not very far." Says Voight, "Do you guys remember finding anyone else in that room or near that room." "No one in that room." Severide says. "But Stella did find someone about 4 feet away from that door just before Severide came, severe burns all over the body." I say. Whilst I was speaking Halstead was staring at me kind of  mesmerised, I shook it off but found it kind of funny. "Do you remember anything about the victim or what happened to him." Voight asked. "African American, maybe 5'8, 5'9 and I think Stella passed him off to Brett and Violet who took him to Chicago Med, he probably hasn't been released unless he signed a refusal of treatment form due to his condition." I replied. "Okay Upton, Burgess go to Med to try and find the victim and if he's awake question him, this is our only lead, and we are going after it.

Hailey and Kim's undercover police car on the way to med.

Hailey's POV

I was so mad in this moment, I'm so glad Voight sent us because I couldn't stay there another minute watching Jay obsess over the firefighter like that, something was going to end up destroyed and or smashed into pieces. We sat in silence for the first few minutes until Burgess said something. "Hey, you know you can talk to me if somethings on your mind." she says. "Mmh." I say not making eye contact with her. "Well somethings obviously on your mind so spill." She says. "Jay." That's all I say. "What about him." She replies. "Didn't you see him, how he was looking at that firefighter." I say angrily. "I didn't." she replies. "Well, you should of it was so obvious, he's like in love with her or something." I say almost yelling at burgess. "Hailey, I think your over exaggerating, he may have been looking at Averton, she's very pretty, but I don't think it was like that, I think he was just impressed of what she put together, but I honestly don't know." She replies. "It definitely wasn't like that I've seen his impressed face and it definitely wasn't that." I scream at Burgess. We sit in silence for the rest of the drive. I begin feeling guilty that I screamed at Kim, I shouldn't have took it out on her she was just trying to help.

AN: I hope you all liked this chapter. I loved writing the Hailey part as she's such a fun character with a large range of emotions as well as Averton's first impressions of the intelligence bullpen. :)