I Miss Him Already

Two Months Later

Stella's POV

Lilah's been telling me and Kelly to go out together for weeks so we could spend some time together alone. Tonight, was finally the night we decided to do so and give in to their gesture to watch Mason. I wear my favourite Black Dress. I stand, facing the mirror and sigh. I don't like how it looks as much as I used to. Kelly walks behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. "You look stunning Babe." He says as though he read my mind. I open my mouth to say something but Kelly interrupts "I don't want to hear any buts from you." He says reading my mind once again. "You know me too well." I say before kissing him. 5 minutes later, Lilah arrives at ours with Jay. "Thanks for this." I say passing Lilah Mason. "Anytime." Lilah replies giving me a big hug. Kelly and I head out leaving Mason with Lilah and Jay.

Delilah's POV

I sit on Stella's couch and snuggle with Jay who's holding Mason. "You're going to make a great dad." I say looking at Jay holding Mason. "You really think so." Jay asks. "I know so." I say before kissing his forehead. "How do you know so?" Jay asks. "Because I've seen how you are with Brin and now Mason, as well as how caring you are and how you put others first." I say snuggling into him. "You're amazing." Jay says.

Kelly's POV

We get to the restaurant, I can see Stella is distracted. "What's the matter Babe?" I ask. "I miss him." Stella replies referring to Mason. "He's in good hands." I say. "That I know but it just feels weird not having him with me." Stella says. "Me too." I say giving her a kiss. "I know he's fine, Lilah's one of the best mom's I know, if not the best." Stella says. "That she is." I say. "And Jay, well he's probably getting a parenting lesson from Liles." Stella says with a laugh. "That's probably spot on." I say with a small laugh. We order our food and eat. Stella's phone buzzes. "Who is it?" I ask. "Lilah, I asked her to send a photo of Mason, and this is what she sent me." Stella says before turning her phone around and showing a photo of Mason fast asleep in his little basinet. "He looks so cute asleep." I say "How she got him asleep is something that I don't understand, it normally takes me at least 30 minutes to get him to sleep and she said it took her five minutes." Stella says and I laugh. "It's called experience and skill." I say. "That's true, she did get him to sleep at the hospital with ease." Stella says. "You'll get him asleep that easily one day and until then we will just ask Lilah to put him to sleep." I say. "Is it weird that I'm already having thoughts of having another one." Stella says. "Not really, I see where you're coming from, having two close in age is really cute." I say. "Exactly." I say. We finish eating and I walk Stella out to the pier. "Why are we out here?" Stella asks. "So, I could give you this." I say passing her a box with ribbon tied neatly in a bow around the box. "Open it." I say and she does so. She starts to tear up. "Aww Babe, it's so thoughtful and sweet." Stella says looking at the little letter M she can add to her bracelet. "I didn't get you anything." Stella says. "You don't need to, you already gave me the best gift ever, My Son." I say wiping the tears streaming down her face off. She holds out her wrist which has the bracelet on, and I clip the M onto the chain. "You're the best dad I could have ever hoped my child to have." Stella says when the tears calmed down. "Well, you're the best mom in the entire world and our son is so lucky to be able to call you, his mom." I say pulling her into a tight hug. "I love you." Stella says. "I love you too." I say before kissing her. We walk back hand in hand to the car. Stella kisses me as soon as we get inside the car. "For old times sake." Stella says with a smirk before kissing my lips. After fifteen minutes we finally begin the to drive back to the apartment. We walk back into the apartment to see Jay and Lilah laying on our couch with Mason nowhere in sight. "Where's the little man." I ask. "Asleep in the basinet in your room so you don't have to move him and risk waking him up." Lilah says. "You're amazing." Stella says. "And if you want to chill out here and watch the Blackhawks game which is about to start, we got the monitor set up." Lilah says pointing at the baby monitor on the coffee table. "You guys know us too well." Stella says with a small laugh. "Do you guys want to stay and watch the game." I ask. Lilah looks at Jay. "Well, why not." Lilah says. "As long as you've got Beer." Jay says making Lilah laugh. "Who do you think I am." I say making us all laugh. "You want anything Liles." I ask. "Nah I've got to drive, and I don't want to leave Stella alone either." Lilah says. "See that's what a nice person does Kelly." Stella says with a laugh. We sit down and watch the game and Mason wakes up. Stella gets up and starts to walk to their room where Mason is, but Lilah shakes her head. "Leave him for a bit and see if he falls back asleep by himself, by you walking in there it will make it worse." Lilah says and Stella nods and sits back down. "I know it's hard to hear him cry." Lilah says rubbing Stella's back seeing she's obviously upset hearing him cry. "Look, he's already went back to sleep." Lilah says hugging Stella. Jay and Lilah stay until the game ends before heading home and me and Stella head off to sleep.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)