Not Out Of The Woods

Matt's POV

I sit in the waiting room holding Sylvie's hand, her head resting on my shoulder. I hear they are taking her up to surgery. I can't help but remember the last few seconds before I looked up and saw her beneath the rubble.

"Casey!" Gabby yells. I look up and just before the ceiling collapses I Gabby runs and pushes me out of the way.

"It's all my fault, that should have been me, she saved me." I say and tears begin streaming down my face. I bury my head in Sylvie's chest and feel her hand softly stroking me.

Antonio's POV

I arrive at med within minutes of the call from Lilah, I walk into the waiting room and see the room filled with the entire of firehouse 51. I see Casey with his head buried in Brett's chest and walk over to Lilah who is sitting with Kelly and Stella to see if they have any updates on Gabby. "Anything?" I ask Lilah. "All we know is she is in surgery." Lilah says. "What happened?" I ask. "The ceiling fell in, and she pushed Matt out of the way taking the brunt of it herself, ultimately saving him." Lilah says. "It was just her and Matt up there?" I ask. "Yeah, he's blaming himself, he keeps saying things like if he would have been more aware she wouldn't have had to step in and she wouldn't be hurt, and it should have been him." Lilah says and I nod before walking into the ED to see if they have any updates.

Maggie's POV

I see Antonio in not even realising he's back in town, wondering why he's here then I remember about Gabby. "Hey Maggie, long time no see, do you have any updates on Gabby?" He asks. "Hey Antonio, unfortunately not, she's still in surgery and doing good as far as I know, I'll tell you all as soon as I hear she has been moved to recovery." Maggie says. "Thanks Maggie." I say before walking back to the waiting room.

4 Hours Later

Delilah's POV

It's been four hours of waiting with nothing, no news, every minute more agonising than the one before. It's taking a toll on everyone but especially Casey. We've all been sitting in silence, not saying anything to anyone, most of us holding on to each other and or starring off into space. I'm leaning against Jay my head resting against his shoulder one of his hands on my very small, almost unnoticeable baby bump and the other holding onto my hand. I then see Doctor Choi and Doctor Marcel walk out.

Matt's POV

I see Doctor Choi and Marcel walk out into the waiting room, I stand up with the entire of 51 and intelligence, all of us hoping they have some news, good news. "Gabby made it out of surgery and has been moved to recovery, but unfortunately she is not out of the woods yet, she's on the ventilator and coded once on the operating table, we are hopeful now that the bleeding is controlled, she should be okay, but we can't know for certain, let alone what damage she will have until she wakes up." Doctor Marcel says and I feel like bursting out in tears but I just nod. "When can we see her?" Antonio asks. "Two people can go up and see her." Marcel says. Antonio looks over at me and nods. I walk with him following Doctor Choi and Marcel up to Gabby's room. I walk in the room Gabby has in the ICU and see Gabby connected to so many tubes, machines, and medications. I fall to my knees letting all the bottled-up emotions out. I feel Antonio catch me before letting me gently drop to the floor. I cry for a few minutes before picking myself off the floor and walking over to her bed. I softly hold her hand before saying "I'm sorry, it's my fault, I did this to you, that should have been me, not you." I say. I begin to stroke her hair, remembering how much she loved for me to do that. "I'm sorry Gabby." I say kissing her hand. I hear the machines begin to blare. A load of doctors run into the room. I stand frozen in shock; I don't move but Antonio pulls me away from the bed so the doctors can work. I watch them work on her, they shock her once and her pulse is back but as soon as it is they begin to move her. "Where are you taking her?" I ask. "To get some scans, we still don't know why this happened and need to get to the bottom of this to prevent this from happening again." The doctor says and I nod. I watch as she is wheeled down the hall towards the elevator feeling helpless, like this never should have happened, feeling guilty. I've only seen Antonio cry a few times and this is one of them.

Antonio's POV

I stand there in silence having a conflict with myself, I want to tell him, but I stop myself, Gabby should be the one to tell him.

Matt's POV

We walk in silence back down to the waiting room to inform the others, they mood is so much better, and I don't really want to be the one who ruins it. They all look up and their expressions change from hopeful to concerned as soon as they see our faces. I couldn't get anything out so Antonio steps in, "Umm, it doesn't look good, she coded again and has been rushed upstairs to get some scans, the doctors don't know what caused this." Antonio says and I nod. Brett stands up and gives me a big hug something I needed in that moment. I see Kidd and Averton with tears in their eyes, and Kelly on the verge of starting to cry. I pull back from Sylvie and walk out of the waiting room doors and sit on one of the outside benches. I put my head in my hands and begin to sob.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this Chapter, I have been so busy lately so sorry about being inconsistent when it comes to posting, :)