An Idea

A few weeks later

Kelly's POV

It was Lilah's last shift at 51 before she went back on floater rotation until she finds a permanent spot at a house. I was about to say goodmorning to her when Mouch called me and told me chief was looking for Stella and I. I nodded confused on what this could be about and began walking to Chief's office. I walked in and he told me to sit down.

Matt's POV

I ask them to sit down and start going over everything in my mind. 

Stella's POV

I'm starting to worry. Casey hasn't said anything but that we should sit down. I look over at Kelly, he looks just as scared as I am. Casey begins to speak "Well I want to propose and idea to both of you, about Averton." I look at Kelly. "Well, you both know how we have a place to fill on truck, well if Averton agrees I think she'll make a great fit, but it's up to you Kidd." Before Casey could say anymore, I almost yelled "Yes!", "I would love to have her on truck." "Go and grab her then." says Casey. I walk out to grab her and I'm so excited, I'm just hoping she says yes. I see her. "Hey Liles, Follow me." I say trying to hold back a smile and maintain a composed and professional look on my face when on the inside I feel like jumping up and down like a kid in a candy store on a sugar high.

Delilah's POV

This is weird I thought, I went anyway though because it's most likely important. Stella walks me to Chief's office. I walk in and he tells me to take a seat. "So" Casey says, "We've been thinking, and we were wondering if you would like a permanent spot here on truck 81." Casey says. "I know it's a downgrade from Squad." I cut him off "I'll take it, anything at this house is amazing this is the best house I've ever been at. "Your hired then he says, I'll start the paperwork, dismissed." I turn and smile at Stella and Kelly their smiles may just be bigger than mine. "Oh my god this is amazing." I say turning to face the two of them. I give them both a big hug before they walk me out to the common room and make the announcement to the rest of the house. "It's with great pleasure I have to announce that Averton is going to be a permanent member on truck 81!" Stella yells. The common room erupts into cheers and everyone comes forward to congratulate me, Stella gives me the biggest hug, others are firm handshakes or pats on the back. Kelly comes up behind me and whispers in my ear "You've got big shoes to fill you know that. Don't blow it" he says sarcastically with a smile across his face. I just laugh, thats one thing I do know. 

AN: Hope you liked this chapter it's a slow start but the chapters will soon get increasingly larger. I have a lot of plans for this book :)