Welcome to New York

1 month later

Delilah's POV

I wake up bright and early, today's the day the kids, Jay and I are heading to New York and there's still a lot to do. Thankfully all the kid's suitcases or shared suitcases shall I say are packed, as well as mine and Jay's. However, we still need to finish putting together the hand luggage which the kids refused to let me pack in advance due to wanting some of their things for this morning as well as the short drive to the airport. 

I gently wake up Jay placing a kiss to his forehead as he begins to stir before removing myself from his grasp to get ready as our flight leaves in under 4 hours. Thankfully flying through the private terminal on the company jet means we only have to leave until 1 hour 15 minutes before departure to have 30 minutes spare. I brush my teeth before jumping in the shower. As I'm rinsing my hair, I hear the door open before Jay slips in with me his arms immediately finding my waist as usual. 

He's ecstatic about the trip. We haven't been away since our honeymoon, and this is our first trip together with the kids. My first trip away since Brin and I last travelled when she was 4. We finish showering, Jay's appearance definitely added a few minutes onto my shower time, but I can't say I'm mad about it. I get changed into my sweats which I'm wearing on the plane. 

I put my hair into 2 braids whilst Jay wakes all the girls up before bringing them downstairs for breakfast. I join them once I've finished off my hair giving the girls all their morning kisses and hugs, giving Jay another kiss, which is not even close to his first of the morning. Jay cleans up the plates whilst I take the girls upstairs to get ready before starting with Immie followed by the twins Brin getting dressed herself. Once Immie is dressed she asks, "Can I have matching hair with you mommy?" "Of course you can baby." I say smothering her in kisses before Jay walks in.

 "What can I do?" He asks. "If you could help Immie collect up some things she really wants for the plane as well as some things for the twins whilst I go to help Leya and Savvy get ready that would be a big help. Get maybe two or three books between them, a colouring and or sticker book each, their blankies, and teddies that should do them. We also have the tv's, iPad's, our phones and snacks so that should work." I say which Jay nods in response to and I kiss him before walking into the twins room.

 I change the both of their diapers before placing the supplies into the small diaper bag we are taking on the plane that isn't the large one already in the suitcases. I place them into their matching but not matching comfy rompers and some leggings. Savannah in a blue and pink romper and black leggings, Analeya in a purple and yellow romper and black leggings. I carry them back downstairs and place the diaper bag down waiting for Jay, Immie and Brin to come down the stairs. 

When they come downstairs I put Immie and Brin's hair into dutch braids before putting Leya and Savvy's hair into tiny little pigtails. By the time I finish off their hair we have 15 minutes until we have to leave so I make the twins their bottles and Immie and Brin an Apple juice. I also put crackers, chopped fruit and a cookie into containers for the car. 

Jay begins loading the suitcases, bags and strollers into the car as I stay inside with the girls who are watching Bluey on my phone except for Brin who's doing cartwheels which shows me just how excited she is. We haven't even told her about the ice-skating surprise yet. Jay walks back in after all of our things are placed in the car and begins helping me load the kids into the car first loading Immie and Brin into the rear before moving on to the twins in the back.

 Thankfully everything fits in just like Jay said it would. I jump in my seat as Jay locks up and arms the alarm before he jumps in the driver's side before starting the car. We arrive at O'hare 20 minutes later and I flash my company I.D at the barrier gates to let our car onto the tarmac. We go through the empty private security area before we get transferred in a transport car to the plane whilst our car is getting valet parked for the next few days.

 As we near the plane the car halts and we get out. Our things being loaded onto the plane by airport workers as I grab the twins and pick them up as Jay grabs their car seats them immediately being taken from him and brought by a flight attendant onto the aircraft. Jay takes Sav out of my arms as I take Brins hand instead, Jay holding Immies as we walk up the steps onto the airplane.

 Brin immediately dibs' her seat and decides to sit opposite Immie as Jay and I each sit opposite one of the twins (Jay opposite Savannah, Analeya opposite me). We spend ten more minutes seated on jet before we take off Jay and I shooting glances. I read his lips when he says once again, "This is nice." And I just chuckle. After the seatbelt signs come off Jay and I move up so we are on the couch next to Brin and Immie.

 I sit on Jays lap the biggest smile across my face the twins next to us watching the episode of Bluey I have set up on my Ipad. I just lean back into Jays chest and let my eyes close as Jays lips wander my neck. I lay there wondering how life could be so perfect. After many sore ears soothed by lollipops later we finally arrive at JFK airport. 

We deboard the plane and get in the rental car to the apartment. I drive this time instead due to knowing the layout of the city from my years of living here many years ago. Jays thumb brushing over my thigh as I drive. We pull up to the apartment complex as I open the parking garage with my fob before pulling into my assigned parking spot. 

We get out the stroller before the girls placing the twins in before placing Immie on the stand at the back of the stroller. Jay grabs all the bags passing Brin her small one, and passing mine to me, Jay grabbing the remaining two as well as placing both the diaper and plane bags over his shoulder as we make out way to the elevators. 

When we reach the top floor we open the only door on the floor and step into the penthouse. I help the girls out of the stroller as they run around the massive room. Jay however is stood in the doorway in awe. "This place is incredible." He says as I lean my head against his shoulder. "It really is isn't it." I say looking at the big incredible space. 

The huge wall of windows which leads out to a patio space with 2m tall glass around, the massive kitchen, tv room and dining table. "You haven't even seen the best part yet." I say grabbing his hand leading him whilst also saying, "Girls come have a look at the bedrooms." Into our master bedroom. As I turn on the light Jay sees the massive king-sized bed, couch, tv his face still shocked. I continue on opening the door to the massive walk in closet which if you walk past leads you into the bathroom which has a massive jacuzzi tub which has built in jets, a walk in shower with a bench, two sinks, vanity mirrors and of course the toilet. 

"Can we see our rooms now!" Immie says jumping up and down which leads to a chorus of pleases from the other three. I walk them into the first room which has the two floor beds for the twins, then the next room which is two single beds which is Immie's room and maybe Brins if she wants to share with her sister and the third room which is a double bed. In between the three rooms is their shared bathroom which a tub, two sinks and the toilet.

 Jay and I unpack each of the things into the girls rooms whilst they watch The Little Mermaid out on the couch before ordering some takeout for dinner for the oldest two and us whilst the twins have their own food I brought with us for them. 

We finish our food around 5:30 and all the girls including Brin fall asleep on the couch before 6:15. Jay and I carry them into their rooms placing them under their blankets before taking advantage of this alone time. Not long after the girls are put down for bed the movie that we were watching became background noise as we are more focused on the conversation, we're having with each other about how happy the girls are. My back is against Jay's chest, his lips occasionally pressing against my collarbone which is exposed due to size of the neck on Jay's t-shirt that I'm currently wearing. "I love you." I mutter. "I love you too." Jay says back before pressing a soft kiss to my cheek. I shift my position so I'm now straddling Jay my lips meeting his before our clothes start to come off as Jay's lips roam my skin.