I Should Have Told Him

2 Weeks Later

Stella's POV

I wake up feeling horrible. I'm cramping all along my back and stomach. They don't feel too bad though and I'm not due for another week, so I assume their Braxton hicks. I know that Kelly can sense somethings wrong when he says, "Baby are you sure you don't need me to stay back today, you've been in pain for like an hour now." I shake my head. "I'll be fine, it'll pass, Lilah got them too and it went away after about 2 hours." I say and he nods reluctantly. I then hear him mutter, "Why is she so damn stubborn." And I laugh slightly before another wave hits me. "Well, call me if you need me." He says. He walks over to me and kisses me on the forehead before walking out of the room. I pick up my phone and began playing some music to try and relax myself.

Kelly's POV

I could tell that something was definitely up with Stella but she's too stubborn to admit it. I also know she's been in pain more than she's letting on to me. If she's still like this after shift I'm taking her to the hospital. I get to the firehouse and see Jay dropping Lilah off. I smile at them and what they've become before walking into the house.

Delilah's POV

I kiss Jay before following Kelly into the firehouse. "Hey." He says turning around to look at me. "Hey." I reply with a smile on my face. "Why such a big smile, you never smile this big." He asks. "Good night I guess." I say with a smirk on my face. "Oh, I won't ask more then." He says and I laugh. "How's Stella going." I ask. "Being stubborn as usual, she's in some pain but won't let me do anything let alone admit she's having bad cramps." He replies. "Number one it's just the hormones but two maybe you should make this your last shift, stay with her at home, maybe she thinks if she tells you you're going to go to work anyway so there's no point, knowing her." I reply. "Your right, I should probably talk to chief about that then, thanks for the advice, Liles." He says before walking in. "Anytime." I say smiling at him. I walk towards the locker room and place my things away. I shut my locker and there's Brett. I stare at her. "You want something don't you?" I ask. "Is it that obvious." She says dropping her shoulders. "Yes, it is." I say with a laugh. "I need a partner on Ambo since Violet is on leave this shift and you're the only paramedic certified person other than Gallo. And also, I would prefer you because your one of my best friends and Casey said he would fill in for you on truck." She says. "Okay you can stop listing reasons and it's a big yes from me, I don't even need a reason to work with you I would do it anyway." I say giving her a big hug. I change into my paramedic uniform whilst Brett informs Chief. We don't get many calls for most of the day until "Ambo 61, Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, house fire, 3465 South Street." "Ready." I say to Brett as we race to the ambulance.

Stella's POV

The pains I had earlier are getting increasingly worse. I really regret telling Kelly I'm fine and lying to him about being in pain. I wish I didn't tell him to go to work and that he would have stayed with me for the day. I'm just hoping the pains will go away so I don't have to bother Kelly or at the very least I can get through them until Kelly's back from shift. I bury my face in my pillow and begin to cry in agony. I begin to shiver although I feel as though I'm burning up. I feel the sudden urge to go the bathroom and as soon as I stand up my water breaks. I stand there in shock for a few seconds before a very sharp stabbing pain hits me to my stomach. I fall onto my bed crying in pain. I move my hand trying to find my phone which is somewhere on the bedside table. I find it and I pick up my phone and call Kelly. There was no answer. "He must be on a call." I say before swearing a few times in both pain and anger. I call Lilah, then Brett, then Kelly again. "They must be all out. "I say beginning to break down from both the pain and the fear of having this baby alone. I realise I have to call an ambulance. I pick up my phone and call an ambulance in the back of my mind hoping Brett hears the call over main.

Sylvie's POV

I hear over the radio main dispatch Ambulance 90 to an address with a woman in labour that I know but I can't put my finger on where I know it from. Lilah looks dead at me. "That's Stella." Lilah says. I call over main wondering if we could swap with Ambo 90 and take the call for Stella. Main confirms and we head towards Stella's. "Should we tell Kelly." I ask. "About to call him over the radio, Severide we've just got a call to your house and Stella's in labour." Lilah says. "What are you being serious Liles." Kelly says in shock. "Yes, I am Kelly, but she'll be fine we've got her Kel." Lilah replies. "Can I come with you. Please I need to be there with her, squad will be fine without me." Kelly asks. "Go Severide." Chief says. We quickly pull over and Kelly gets in the back and I get in the back with him to keep him calm. We head straight to Stella's.

Stella's POV

I called an ambulance over 10 minutes ago and no one's here yet. It must be a busy night, or a bad fire has happened. My pain has begun to worsen, and my contractions are getting longer and closer together. I hear a knock at my door and hear three familiar voices. Sylvie, Lilah and most importantly Kelly. I let out a sigh of relief.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I've already picked out a name for Baby Severide so put your guesses for the name in the comments :)