Just Us Left

Two Weeks Later

Delilah's POV

I wake up knowing although I'm on shift, I'm not really on shift. I have to sit in the bullpen all day doing paperwork instead of going out in the field, but at least unlike last time I'm not alone, I've got Kylie. I see that Jay still asleep and kiss him on the cheek, he begins to stir. "Morning sleepy." I say when he finally opens his eyes. "Ha Ha." Jay says mockingly before I kiss him. I grab his hand a pull him out of bed. "Where are we going." Jay asks. "Well, someone overslept so to save time I think we need to shower together mister." I say with a smirk, also knowing he didn't oversleep and Jay laughs before kissing me passionately. "Don't start purposely oversleeping just for this, I can see right through you." I say making him laugh before he picks me up and carries me to the bathroom.

Stella's POV

"Ready." I say to Kelly whilst picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. "Yeah, let's go." He says placing his arm around my shoulder. We drive to shift and arrive around the same time as Lilah. "Look at that big smile one of a person who looks happy to be on desk duty." I say sarcastically. "Don't even mention it, at least I've got Kylie instead of being on my own for 4 weeks until you decide to join me." Lilah says looking at me. "Your awfully quiet Kelly, a bit suspicious." Lilah says looking at Kelly who just laughs, "I enjoy watching you two playfully bicker that's all." Kelly says laughing. "That's just normal us things." I say looking at Lilah and she nods. We walk into the main hall and all head to the locker room to place our bags down before heading off to briefing but before we get there is see Lilah get pulled aside by Casey. "I wonder what that that's about?" I mutter.

Delilah's POV

I walk off from Stella when Casey pulls me aside. "I know I said desk duty or OFI were you only options before, but with Brett being pregnant too Violet could use some help so it's not just her doing the work, because you and Brett could do some of those things, she can't do together with Violet's help of course. So basically, what I'm asking is if you would be willing to work on Ambo until you don't want to anymore, or Brett doesn't." Casey says. "Yes please, anything but the desk." I say. "Thanks for that Delilah and I've told Brett to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't overdo it for both you and your baby's safety, but could you also look out for her." Casey says. "Always." I say. He pats me on the back before following me into the briefing room where I sit down in the seat Stella saved for me between her and Gabby. "Why are you in such a good mood now." Stella asks. "I don't have to sit at a desk, and I get to work with you so I'm extra happy." I say looking at Brett and Stella fake frowns. "Wow you hate working with us that much." Gabby says referring to her and Stella. "No, never I was more so celebrating the freedom of being able to go on calls." I say. "Okay." Stella says putting me in a headlock jokingly but is interrupted by Casey walking into the room making everyone quiet down, making her quickly retract her arms from around my neck. He's about to start talking when the bells go off, "Ambo 61, Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, House Fire 25th and March Avenue." We all stand up head to the vehicles. "You ready." Brett asks. "I'm always ready." I say. We speed walk to the ambo and head to the scene.

Kelly's POV

Squad pulls up first and I see the house about 4 minutes away from being completely engulfed and about 7 minutes from being structurally unstable. I can only guess that Casey would say the same. I see Ambo followed by Truck show up and Casey immediately tells us to mask up. We all do so. "Squad so a primary search on one, truck on two and engine get a line in there." Casey says and we all nod or respond. I grab Capp and we both take the right part of the house. I see Stella, Dawson, Casey, Gallo and Mouch pass heading up the stairs and Cruz and Tony walking towards the other side of the house.

Matt's POV

I head upstairs with Truck knowing we will need all hands-on deck to get out of here as soon as possible. "I'll go with Mouch and Gallo to the right half, Dawson and Casey go left side." Kidd says and I nod slightly taken aback to be working with Dawson in a fire since it's been a while. We walk and clear the first two rooms before walking in the third. I see her eyes keep looking over at me before darting back as though she's checking that I'm okay. I hear over the radio everyone else is out and two of the victims are out. It's only us left. "Casey, Dawson the last victim is in the room you guys still have to clear, 15-year-old male." Kidd says. "Copy Kidd." I say. We walk out of the final room we cleared when I hear a crack. All I see Is black and small winces and cries coming from the right of me.

AN: Sorry you guys, I had a really busy weekend and haven't managed to make time to post, i will hopefully be posting everyday until the weekend but that might change since my schedule is very hectic at the moment.