Crying Of Joy

The Next Day

Jay's POV

I wake up on the chair next to Kelly's bed, It hasn't been the most comfortable thing ever but it's better than the floor or a waiting room chair. Will was nagging me to go home but I won't and can't. I'm staying with Lilah no matter what knowing she would do the same. I managed to get Brin to go with Gabby last night knowing it's better since Ellie will distract her, Brin doesn't like hospitals in general when everyone she loves is fine let alone when her mom is at risk of dying. I wake up and turn over my phone to see it's 7 am. I'm about to get up and head to the cafeteria for coffee when Natalie walks in and asks to talk to me. "Hey, so we've just started to put Lilah on her back with a few pillows and her sats, and heart rate are all looking good, so we've decided you can go see her, and same for Kelly with Stella." Natalie says and I hug her tightly. "Thank you, can I see her now." I say and she nods. "I'll take you to her room." Nat says and I smile following her. When we get to Lilah's room, Nat says, "Go ahead." I walk into Lilah's room and kiss her forehead gently. "Hey Baby." I say with tears in my eyes. I sit down on the chair next to her bed and grab her hand softly. I interlock my fingers with hers a kiss her hand. "I need you to stay with me baby, the girls need you and I need you." I say. I stand up and begin stroking her hair which she always loved me doing.

Kelly's POV

I wake up and for once I don't see Jay next to my bed. "He's probably just went to grab some coffee." I think to myself. I go to grab my phone from the bedside table when Will and Natalie walk in. "Hey Kelly, good news, Stella is allowed visitors, so as soon as your ready we'll get you a wheelchair and take you to her room upstairs." Will says and I smile. "Can I go now?" I ask and Will nods. "We'll go grab the wheelchair and come grab you. They walk back in a minute later and help me out of my bed and into the chair. They then take me upstairs and push me into Stella's room where they leave me. I start crying as I grab her hand softly. "Hey Baby, it's Kelly, I'm here baby." I say kissing her hand softly. "I love you so so much." I say circling my finger around the palm of her hand.

Jay's POV

I'm sitting there just holding Lilah's hand when her eyes flicker open and then close. I call through to Doctor Hammer and she walks in. "Her eyes just flickered." I say and she opens Lilah's eyes and tries to talk to her but there's just silence. "It's a good sign Jay, it means the sedations started to wear off meaning she's just sleeping now and should be up in a few hours.

Hailey's POV

Patrol brought in a guy they found lingering around the firehouse, who began to run when they started asking him questions. Voight puts him in the interrogation room, and we all follow to the observation room. He doesn't say anything, so Voight takes him down to the cage. He grabs some gloves and puts them on before picking his gun from his waist band and throwing it at the suspect, him catching it meaning his prints are now on it. "Good catch but unfortunately for you this means you can either tell me what you know, or I'll happily send you down to Statesville with the prints on that gun, that's at least 50 years for you." Voight says creeping slowly closer and closer to the guy pulling the gun out of his hands. He pushes him against the edge of the cage before the guy says, "Okay, okay, I did see something, it wasn't me though, I swear on my life. I snoop round the firehouse yes, there's a cute girl there, but I also saw a guy go through the back door the other day, not a firefighter." He says. "And." Voight says. "White guy 5'9 give or take, he was wearing all black, he went in with a bag, it appeared full and afterwards it was empty, he was standing at the police tape with me the other day too." He says and Voight finally backs off him. We all walk upstairs and start pilling through the footage from the tape in the past 4 days and the firehouse one once again. "Hey sarge we couldn't get anything off the security cam at the side of 51 because it was smashed to pieces, but our guy is dead on, the camera was destroyed at the same time the suspect was spotted, but we did get something from the tape and facial rec just came back, this guy Marvin Geller, no priors and no connections to Stella, or anyone at 51 for a matter of fact. "Wait, he might not be connected but look, Ex-Wife – Renee Royce, isn't that Kelly's ex, the one who hated Stella and told Kelly she was pregnant with his kid when she knew it wasn't his." Adam says. "Yeah, but she's in Statesville, for assault." I say. "Someone get me her phone records from inside Statesville in the last month or so and get me footage from any visits he payed her.

Stella's POV

I feel my eyes flutter open and as I do I'm hit with a killer headache. I open my eyes for another second and am confused of where I am so I open them for a longer period of time and realise I'm at med. I look around and see Kelly who looks to be crying of joy.  

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter xx