Just Like Her Mom

1 Week Later

Delilah's POV

I wake up at 7 to my alarm. Today Brin has her a dance competition and is in 13 dances throughout the day including 7 group dances, 4 solo's, a duo and a trio. I spend ages last night double and triple checking every part of her costumes are there and all the makeup and hair products are laid out ready for me to put on her. Brin's been super excited since this is the first year where I'm not the only one watching her dance. Although it adds extra pressure Jay, Kelly, Mason, Stella and Sylvie are also coming to watch her. I wake her up and put her hair in the unreasonably high dance ponytail before straightening it and placing the headpiece in. I then do her makeup before she gets changed into her first costume before putting her company jacket over and her Ugg boots on. Jay loads up the car including the giant dance duffle bag containing all her costumes and shoes before we drive off to the competition venue. "You excited Brin." I say and she nods. "What dance is that costume for." Jay asks. "My Jazz solo Sweet but Psycho." Brin replies and I smile. "Which dance is your favourite." I ask Brin and she thinks about it for a bit before replying, "My duo with Chloe, to Confident." A few minutes later we pull up and unload our things before heading into the theatre. I head backstage with Brin and find her studio's room and head in. Jay waits outside the backstage area whilst I set Brin up. When she's all set up I kiss Brin and wish her good luck for her first solo before Jay and I walk to the front of the theatre and meet the others. We grab a program and find some seats. After a few dances Brin is on, she struts onto stage, and I smile recalling the days I used to do dance. After each dance I went backstage and changed her into her next costume and congratulated her on her last dance before heading back to the theatre. She performs her duo and I look over at Stella, she was always my duet partner each year and the smile on Brin's face in that dance exceeded anything I thought possible bringing me back to how much Stella and I loved doing duets together. The last solo of the section was Brin's this was the only one she never talks about, and I've never seen and as soon as the music plays I know why. The music to Lost in your eyes begins to play and I remember straight back to the time I did that dance. As soon as she begins to dance, I realise all the steps are the same, they didn't change anything, she is doing what is now our dance. Stella looks over at me as soon as the number is over, I have tears in my eyes and she asks, "That was your dance wasn't it, the one you won nationals with." And I nod. Jay kisses me before we stand up and meet her in the hall. We have a lunch break before the large group dance section starts and I give her a big hug. "You did amazing baby." I say. "I bet you still did it better." Brin says. "Definitely not." I say before kissing her forehead. "Was it a good surprise." Brin asks. "An amazing surprise, I loved It and you made me cry in a good way." I say squeezing her tighter. She hugs the rest of the group Kelly picking her up and spinning her around. Her teacher walks up to her and gives her a big hug. "You did so good Brin." She says. "So where do you want to eat, it's the performers treat?" I say. "Donuts." Brin says excitedly. "Okay how about subway and donuts." I say. "Yeah." Brin says. We all eat before returning for the second half of the competition. I quickly change Brin before she joins her group to warm up and go over the dance. This costume was my favourite of hers it is red and black and sequined with long sleeves, and she looked so cute in it. She performs all her group dances each time being front and centre for most of the routine. "Front and centre just like her mom." Stella says at the end of her routine. After she finishes all her dances they have awards, which is most dancers favourite and most anticipated part of the competition. They start with the jazz solo category. "6-8 First place Jazz solo goes to entry 319 Sweet but Psycho, Brinley." The announcer says and Brin walks up to the front and grabs her trophy before sitting down. "6-8 first place Jazz duet goes to entry 534 Confident Chloe and Brinley." The announcer says and the girls walk up to collect their trophies. They then call out some other awards before doing Lyrical. "6-8 First Place Lyrical Solo goes to entry 842 Sweet Child of Mine, Brinley." The announcer says and once again Brin walks up to the front to collect her trophy. Brin's lyrical trio also wins first, so does her Acro solo. Then it's her ballet solo. I know how much she wants to win this one. "And first place 6-8 ballet solo goes to entry 678, Lost in your eyes, Brinley." And she walks up, and I see the smile on her face. "Now we are going to do overall soloist from each age group, then overall over every age group and they will all receive a title, crown and giant trophy." The announcer says. "From the 6-8 category the overall soloist is Brinley." The announcer says and she walks up to the front, and he places a small crown on her head, a sash on her, passes her a plaque and what I thought was a massive trophy until I saw the trophy they are bringing onto the stage. After the other age categories, group dance awards, they announce the overall dancer of the day, who receives the massive trophy, plaque, the title, crown, and sash. "And the overall dancer of the day is Brinley from Studio 19 dance company." The announcer says and Brin runs up to the front where she is given all the goodies including the trophy which is massive in comparison to her. As she returns to her seat with the towering number of trophies, she tries to pick all the things up, but her teacher walks out and grabs half of them including the giant one. I meet her backstage with around 15 trophies on the floor. "Aww you did so good baby." I say as I begin packing up her things into her bag and wheeling it out her teacher helping her carry her pile of trophies. We meet the others in the foyer where she runs to Jay who picks her up and hugs her tight. "There's the little superstar." Kelly says. "Clean sweep." Sylvie says. Kelly and Jay help us to carry all the trophies and bags to the car before we get into our cars and head back to my place. 

AN: Hey guys sorry about not being able to post, the last few days have been a full on family thing and we've been staying out late each night with me finding no time whatsoever but today i finally got time now everything's back to how it was x :)