The Distraction I Want

Stella's POV

Firehouse 51

I walk to the bunk room expecting to find Lilah still lying there but instead I don't see her, I actually don't see anything of hers, her charger, air pods, phone, nothing. I walk back out to the squad table and ask Kelly, "Do you know where Lilah is she's not in the bunk room or common room?" "I don't know babe last time I saw her was after she talked to Diana, I would check with Casey though if you can't find her in the house." Kelly says and I know that he's suggesting she signed off early. I walk to Casey's office and knock before walking in when he signals me in. "Hey do you know where Lilah went I can't seem to find her anywhere?" I ask. "Don't make it a big thing but she asked to sign off early she went home." Casey says and I nod. "Thank you." I say before leaving his office.

Delilah's POV

Day-care Centre

When I walk in the woman grabs me the girls Immie taking Brin's hand whilst I carry the other two and all their bags. I help strap Ana and Sav in before helping Brin and Immie into their seats before hopping back into the drivers side myself. When we arrive home, we get set up on the floor and start playing with the big chunky Lego bricks Brin helping Immie build a really tall tower. I can help but smile at the friendship those two have and how amazing of a big sister Brin is. I also can't believe Immie is 2 and a half in a few days it feels like just yesterday I got to hold her for the first time. When Immie is satisfied with the height of the tower she claps before walking around it to hug Brin and Brin lifts her slightly off the floor and begins tickling Imm making her giggle. Oh man do I love her little giggle. As a result it seems Sav and Ana want some attention so they begin crawling and attempt to pull themselves up using the couch. Sav was really close but then fell on her bum which made Immie laugh but she tries again and so does Ana continuing to copy her slightly older twin sister as usual but instead of falling they both do it at the exact same time. I can't help but clap before picking them both up and tickle them both. I'm actually kind of mad I didn't record that but when I go to see Brin's reaction after it, I see her phone out as if she was recording the whole thing. "Please tell me you got that on video." I say and she nods. "Omg this is why you are the best big sister ever." I say. I pull them all into the hug, so I am hugging all 4 of my girls.

1 hour later

We are all watching tv on the couch after dinner, Brin lying next to me with Immie laying on her whilst the twins are in my arms when Jay walks through the door. Brin lifts Immie off the couch so she can run to her Dad as he walks through the door. I pick up the twins and carry them with me to Jay where he places Immie down before giving Brin a hug then taking them both into his arms. I give Jay a kiss before picking Immie up and returning to the couch with her. We finish the movie before putting them all to bed allowing Brin to read till 8 if she wants as she's much older. Jay and I walk into our room and get changed. We get changed into our pyjamas before hopping onto our bed. I sit on Jay's lap as he gives me a few foreheads kisses his fingers caressing my waist as I have my arms around his neck. "You wanna tell me why your home then. Not that I don't love having you home with me but what's going on?" Jay asks softly. "I uhh saw my mother in law, well ex-mother in law I don't even know the term but Caleb's mom." I say. "Okay so you're obviously not okay if you came home so what happened." Jay asks. "Uhh well we obviously don't have the best relationship but we rescued her from the church Caleb and I got married at." I say and Jay nods. "I've just tried to forget that part of my life for so so long and I thought I was finally done with it when I met you, but today it came out of nowhere and smacked me in the face." I say and Jay tightens his grip on me before giving me a soft kiss to my forehead. "Then she came to talk to me at the firehouse and after that I well told my chief I'm going home and snuck out the back." I say. "Why did she want to talk to you." Jay asks kind of confused because all I've basically ever told him is that she hates me. "She wanted to apologize and basically said it was the biggest mistake she ever made what she did to me and then asked if she could see a photo of Brin but I kinda assumed she actually wants to see Brin cuz well I could see the last minute add-on of the word photo." I say. "Did you accept her apology?" Jay asks and I shake my head. "I know you really want to know what happened but um could we just talk about something else my mind is just all over the place and I just want to be distracted by anything but today." I say and Jay nods before kissing me. I deepen the kiss letting him know what distraction I want.