I've just got to move on

Sylvie's POV

I wake up and turn over and look over at Matt. We decided to tell the firehouse about my pregnancy today. I'm worried how this is going to go with Gabby being there and everything. I decided we are going to call Stella and Kelly to tell them just after the reveal since they are still off with baby Mason and won't be at the firehouse when we make the announcement. We wake up and get to the house. I've been wearing slightly bigger shirts recently and have started to wear my jacket to cover my bump. I was surprised that I didn't slip up to anyone on awards night and that no one realised that I wasn't drinking, I'm kind of glad they were all focused on Lilah. We walk into the firehouse where briefing is about to start. Matt announces that I have something to say before shift starts and everyone looks slightly confused. "I don't really have any special way to tell you this, so I'll just say it, I'm pregnant." I say and the room bursts into congratulations. Lilah walks up to me and gives me a big hug, "I knew it." Lilah says. "How." I ask. "You pulled a total Stella on me, that's what she did when she found out she was pregnant with Mason." Lilah says and I laugh. "Your next." I say and she laughs, "Damn you're not denying it so you must agree it's true." I say and she smiles at me, "You're not now, are you?" I whisper. "Oh, hell no, I'm just agreeing it's highly probable that I'm next unless Stella wants to beat me to it or something." Lilah says making me laugh. "You want to come with me so I can call Stella and Kelly to tell them the news." I ask. "Of course." Lilah says and I give her a big hug. "I'm sorry for shutting you down that day, I know you were just trying to help, I shouldn't have gone off at you." I say. "Don't worry about it, I know firsthand pregnancy hormones are a bitch but thank you anyway." Lilah says and we walk to our bunks and call Stella who answers immediately. "If it isn't my favourite two girls, how's everything going." Stella says. "I'm pregnant!" I say excitedly and Stella looks at the two of us shocked. "No way, seriously." Stella says. "Seriously." I say and Lilah nods. "Aww, congratulations, how far along are you." Stella says. "Four weeks today." I say. "I want to give you a big hug right now." Stella says. "I'll give her one for you." Lilah says giving me another big hug. "When did you find out." Stella asks. "The night after as Lilah said I pulled a Stella, because I did the same thing you did the day you found out you were pregnant with Mason so three days ago, I just told the house." I say. "Smart so they could find out from you not others." Stella says. "Also, I didn't think I could go much longer without letting it slip." I say making the two of them laugh. Mason begins to cry in the back of the call and Kelly passes him to Stella. "Kelly guess what." I say. "What." Kelly replies. "I'm pregnant." I say and he looks at me shocked. "What really?" Kelly says. "Yeah." I say. "Congratulations, and tell this to Matt to that I said being a parent is the best thing ever and it will suit him and you." Kelly says and I nod. "I will." I say. We talk for a little while longer before Kelly and Stella have to go to an appointment for Mason.

Gabby's POV

I didn't know how to react to Brett's pregnancy announcement. I had many emotions and a lot of them conflicting. I was so happy for her and matt but at the same time I knew that meant I had an even smaller chance of getting back with Matt, who over the last few days I've realised I still love. I sit in the locker room and begin to break down. I keep thinking about how stupid I was to leave Matt and that could have been me announcing my pregnancy with him, but instead I left. Hermann walks in and I quickly wipe away my tears and make it look as though I was grabbing something out of my locker. I can tell he can see I'm upset from how he's looking at me. "Are you alright Gabby?" He asks and I crumble into his arms. "I'm so stupid." Is all I could say. He sat me down and let me calm down before asking me, "Why are you so stupid?" "Because I left, that could have been me." I say angry with myself. I can see him realise what I mean. He just sits there, "I honestly don't know what to say to you Gabby but one thing I do know is that you are not stupid." He says. "I'm obviously happy for them but I'm just, just." I say before Hermann cuts me off and says, "Jealous." "Yeah, I'm jealous, I don't know how I couldn't be, I've never moved on, I've never stopped loving him, but he's obviously stopped loving me." I say tears streaming down my face. We sit there in silence. I feel so selfish, it was my fault I left, it was my fault I wanted a divorce, it was my fault for leaving even after I knew we still had a spark, I think to myself. "I've just got to move on." I say and Hermann looks at me and says, "It's easier said than done kid."

AN: I hope you guys liked this chapter, i probably won't be able to post tomorrow until late since I have a lot going on :)