You Wouldn't Understand

Stella's POV

I look back and Lilah hoping I was just imagining things before turning back to face the room. Unfortunately, nothing changed. I see Grant sitting on the floor next to Renee, the two of them holding hands. "Come with us, it's not safe in here, we need to get you out." Lilah says in a fake voice making me glad she said something because I know Grant would have recognized my voice no matter what. Although I know it's the right thing a small part of me wanted to leave them in there. I grab Renee and Lilah reluctantly grabs Grant leading the two of them out of the fire. I don't take my mask off as I usually do in hopes neither of them would recognize me and as soon as I leave the two of them with Sylvie and Violet I run to the truck and take of my mask. I bury my head in my knees and begin to breakdown. Images begin to flash through my mind of multiple occasions of me and Grant going there, then all the things he did to me afterwards. I feel myself being brought back to the night he grabbed a beer bottle and threw it at my back after shooting up and getting drunk. I get pulled back when I feel a soft loving hand circling my back and a calm voice repeating, "Breathe Stells, It's okay, I'm here." Before feeling a hand gripping mine. I open my eyes; tears streaming down my face and see Kelly looking at me. I pull him into a hug and begin to cry even more. I can't get any words out. "It's okay, I've got you." Kelly says gripping my hand tighter. I then hear Lilah's voice say, "Hey, Hey you're okay, your safe."

Kelly's POV

I look over at Stella feeling so helpless. All of there actions after the fire didn't add up to why Stella is as shook as she is, what the hell happened. I feel even more confused when Lilah tells Stella she's safe, safe from what. What happened inside that fire? I look over at Lilah and see her close to tears too. We get told we have to head back and my heart breaks. I kiss Stella on the forehead before squeezing her hand one more time then heading to the squad truck.

Stella's POV

I couldn't move my whole body was frozen. I feel someone probably Lilah buckle my belt before I feel the truck move. I have my eyes closed the whole journey my mind switching through memories. I didn't even realise we were back at the house until I feel my seatbelt become unbuckled and someone picking me up and carrying me. I opened my eyes and looked up and saw Kelly. I instinctively buried my head in his shoulder, and I feel his hand run through my hair. I feel Kelly sitting down on something and open my eyes and see where in his quarters and were sitting on his bunk. My mind in another place. Memories of Grant getting on top of my either drunk or high out of his mind whilst I was screaming at the top of my lungs, "Get off of me." repeatedly. I open my eyes as I feel my heart beginning to race and look up at Kelly. I can see the concern in his eyes but I don't say anything to him knowing I don't want to repeat any of this out loud ever again, it was bad enough telling Lilah when it happened, and I don't think I'm strong enough to retell it.

Kelly's POV

I continue to stroke Stella's hair, trying to make her feel even a tiny bit better in any way. I hear a knock on the door and see Lilah standing there. I motion for her to come inside, and she opens the door. She walks up to me and whispers, "Chief told me to let you know you are free to take the rest of the shift off and take her home and that I'll cover for you." I nod and mouth thank you to her and she smiles before giving a worried look towards Stella. I was about to pick Stella up to grab her bag when Lilah walks back into the room with it, before packing my stuff up into my bag for me so I didn't have to move Stella. I mouth thank you once again before picking Stella up and carrying her out to the car.

Delilah's POV

I watch as Kelly carries Stella out to his car. I feel like running to the bathroom and breaking down, but I know I have to keep it together, so I walk back over to the group. "She's really shook up, what happened in there and are you okay?" Cruz asks. "If I was in her shoes I would be too, and it's not what happened today but what's happened before. And I'm all good, just pissed off at someone." I say with a fake smile only Stella can see through.

Kelly's POV

I put our bags down beside the front door before carrying Stella through to our bedroom. I lay her down, I was just going to leave her there with the covers, but she wouldn't let go of the grip she had on me, so I lay next to her and snuggled in with her. She buried her head in my chest, her sobs getting larger as I feel tears soak through my shirt as I continue to stroke her back and kiss her forehead.

Stella's POV

As much as I love what Kelly is doing all I want is to scream and sit with Lilah. Unlike Kelly she knows the whole story and although I want to tell Kelly the whole story, I'm just not ready nor strong enough. I compose myself after a while and look up at Kelly. Our eyes lock and I don't need words for him to see the pain I'm in.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this :)