The people you meet

In the Car

Jay's POV

I don't even know what's hit me, but Ruzek just had a whole conversation with me, and I didn't comprehend one single word of it. I was in a trance staring over at Averton. Snap out of it Halstead I kept on thinking but nothing changed I was still staring into her gorgeous brown eyes, and her hair which although is sweaty and messy is so attractive on her. Even the full firefighting gear she was in couldn't hide how gorgeous she is. "Ok that's it I'm driving Halstead." Ruzek said laughing and grabbing the keys out of my hands. I wasn't completely mad at this now I can start a conversation with her and can stare without having to control the vehicle and having her life in my hands. "So" I ask, "How long have you been at 51 Averton?" "Well, I've only been on truck permanently for three shifts, but I was at 51 for a few weeks because I was filling in on Squad for Cruz and you can call me Lilah." I reply. "That's nice, are you enjoying it so far Lilah?" I ask. "Yeah it amazing, 51's the best house ever and everyone there is so nice, the worst part is working with this doushbag." Averton says looking at Severide. "Hey." Severide says slightly offended. "I'm joking you know I love you." Averton says laughing. "Well, here you guys are, hopefully i'll see you both around." I say with a smile on my face." I say. "Thanks guys." Severide says. "Yeah, thanks and I'll see you both around." Averton says.

The Firehouse

Kelly's POV

"He was totally into you Liles." I say. "What no your crazy, he was just being nice." Averton says. "Sure, if you think just being nice is flirting up a storm with you and staring at you nonstop." She rolls her eyes. "Don't pull a Stella, I know Jay pretty well and he's into you Liles." I say. "1. What's so bad about pulling a Stella didn't it work out eventually for both of you and 2. He can try but I don't know if he can handle all this." She replies whilst pointing at herself. She makes me chuckle "Ok then and your right no one can handle all that." I say mockingly. She smiles and we walk to my office to discuss the investigation and get OFI on board.

At District 21

Jay's POV

I can't stop thinking about Averton, I sat at my desk waiting for the rest of the unit to get back just daydreaming, then Rusek taps me on the shoulder. "Thinking about that firefighter." He asks. "No." I say, "Just the case." "Sure, but you can't lie to me forever." Rusek says sarcastically. "I honestly haven't seen you look at someone like that since well, you know you called off the engagement with Upton a year back." Rusek says, "There's no hiding that fact, just take the leap." "You right, I am thinking about her, but I don't know enough about her to ask her out like what if she is married and has kids." I say. "I don't know what to say but you'll find a way, you might see her at molly's and see no ring on her finger and go up to her and talk to her you never know, or you could dwell and do nothing but whatever you're doing right now." Rusek says. As I was about to say something Upton and Burgess walk up the stairs. "Anything." Rusek asks. "Yeah, Voight said to wait until everyone's back in about 5." Burgess replies. "Okay then." I reply.

Kelly's Office

Delilah's POV

I'm sitting inside of Severide's office whilst he's on the phone with OFI. He ends the call. "What did they say?" I ask. "Well, they said it's most definitely arson flammable gases were found throughout the warehouse." Severide replies. "Thought so, are you going to notify intelligence." I ask. "Yeah, I'll call them right now, hopefully they've got a suspect in custody and they can just add this to the evidence against them or use it as leverage to get them to talk."  I nod and he dials Voight's number.

AN: Hope you enjoyed this chapter, did you see that coming. Btw I love Upstead but I thought it would be a good match for this character. :)