Wedding Idea's

A few hours later

Delilah's POV

I'm sitting on the living room couch watching Lucifer having just putting Brinley to bed when Jay walks in coming home from work. "Hey babe." He says sitting next to me and snuggling in. "How was work." I ask. "Oh god I don't even want to go there, it was bad. Sorry about having to stay late, we really had to close that case at least we caught the guy in the end." He says. I kiss him. "You don't have to apologise, I get it. Do you want a mood changer." I say. "Yes, please do." He says. "We can discuss our wedding." I say. He kisses me. "You know we have plenty of time right, there's no rush." He says. "I know but you've always said you want a summer wedding and I kind of want to do that now thinking about it, but I also don't want to wait a whole year to marry you." I say. "So what are you saying." He says. "What if we did it this August." I say. "I like that idea." He says excitedly. "I know I've had a wedding before so I'm up for whatever you want to do, whether that's a big or small." I say. He kisses me. "I don't really think there's a need for a big wedding as long as I get married to you, I'm fine." He says. I pull him in closer. "We could literally have it up near Severide's lake house, like a forest kind of theme." I say. "How do you know me so well." He says. "I just do." I say with a laugh. "Who are you thinking of being there." He says. "I guess the firehouse, your unit, some of med and some of Brin's friend's mom's that I'm close with, maybe Olly and Lauren but Olly's probably off somewhere on tour." I say. "Yeah, that's all I need there too, do you have ideas for bridesmaids." He says. "Stella as my maid of honour, Sylvie, Violet, Hailey, Kim, Chloe, Natalie and If Lauren can make it Lauren, what about your groomsman." I say. "Kelly as my best man, Will, Ethan, Adam, Kevin, Casey, Joe and if Olly can make it Olly." He says. I nod. "Sounds good to me." I say. "Will you have enough time to find your dress as well as the bridesmaid's dresses." He says. "I should do, I just have to pick one they have in store which is available and doesn't need major alterations which it shouldn't need if it was anything like my last dress." I say. "Sounds like a done deal then." He says. 'It is." I say. He kisses me and grabs a blanket and raps it around the two of us. He then grabs the remote. "What do you want to watch." He says. "You pick, I've been watching stuff for ages and you've been at work all day so you pick." I say. "How did I get so lucky to have a girl who doesn't fight with me over a remote." He says. "I don't know, maybe because I already have a daughter who steals it off me most days and picks her own shows." I say which makes him laugh. We spend the next few hours watching the basketball game before heading off to bed together.

The Next Morning

Delilah's POV

We called Stella and Kelly last night and asked them to meet us at a coffee shop before Jay's shift so we can discuss what we have planned for the wedding and get their thoughts on the whole thing. I also called Olly and Lauren and as a I thought Olly was on tour like usual and Lauren is on broadway that week. I woke Brin up and got her ready. Then I dropped her off at school on the way to the coffee shop. It worked pretty well since she has started going an hour early for the musical, she's in. The only problem is that me and Jay had to go in separate cars so he could go to work and I could get home. Jay and I walk in and sit down we wait about a minute until Stella and Kelly walk in. "Hey sorry for getting you up early." I said as they walked in. "It's alright we have a doctor's appointment in 1 hour anyways so we would need to be up soon anyways." Stella says. "Okay that's good at least we didn't ruin your morning sleep in then." I say. "So, what have you guys got in mind for this wedding." Kelly asks. "Well, we wanted to know if it's a dumb Idea or not, but we want to have a small wedding in August." I say. "I don't think that's dumb at all in all honesty weddings only take a month to plan if you stop procrastinating and putting things off." Stella says. "Well, that's settled, and we always wanted to ask you two if Kelly you would be my best man and I think Lilah asked Stella the moment I put the ring on her finger." I say making everyone laugh. "I would love to man." Kelly says. "Who are you thinking for bridesmaids?" Stella asks me. "Sylvie, Violet, Hailey, Kim, Chloe and Natalie." I say. "What about your groomsman?" Kelly asks Jay. "Will, Ethan, Adam, Kevin, Casey and Joe." He says. "You guys' sound like you've got it all planned out, you'll be fine, you've just got to trust your gut and remember the wedding is not the marriage, I've made that mistake before." Stella says. I smile at her, and we all continue talking. We then eat and Jay heads off to shift. Kelly gets a phone call when it ends, he says, "It was the commissioner they want me at the academy apparently, I'm sorry babe." "It's okay you go, I get it." Stella says, I nod and he leaves after giving Stella a kiss on the forehead and me a hug. "Can you come with me to my appointment." Stella asks. "Of course, is it even a question." I say. She smiles at me and we head off towards Med for her appointment with Natalie to see the baby and check up on how the pregnancy is progressing.

AN: I hope you all liked this Chapter of the story. i'm hoping to be able to post tomorrow but it is a possibility that i'm unable to, so sorry if that is the case :)