It's a Set Up

Hailey's POV

We all walk over to Jay and we all watch the video together. "Wait is says live." I point out and they all look just as confused as me. We see a guy get dragged into the frame and the person in the ski mask says, "Hello intelligence, I'm glad you could finally join us. As you can see I've got your precious police commissioner and now if you would like him back I need to see your sergeant. Why don't you Detective Upton go grab him for me." I'm taken back when I learn not only, he can see me but knows my name too.I do as he says and I go to find Voight who said he'll be in the security room.

Jay's POV

I watch Hailey leave and a thousand thoughts run through my mind. We continue to watch the screen, whilst Kevin who wasn't in frame to begin with begins to trace the IP address of the video. We continue to watch the livestream when Voight gets tossed into frame. "It's a set-up, there after Hailey next." I think to myself. Kevin picks up his phone and quickly texts Hailey to get the hell out of there and back in here

Hailey's POV

I continue to look for Voight, but I can't see him anywhere. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pull it out. I see it's from Kevin. It says, "Hails get back here now it's all a set-up, they've got Voight!" I put my phone back in my pocket and hear a clatter behind me. I increase my walking pace and have my hand on my gun. I turn my head around every few seconds to see if someone's following me but feel relieved when I see no one. I walk back into the room and Kevin signals to me to stand next to him and I realise it's because he's off camera. I join them in watching the rest live stream when it randomly cuts to black. When it does, we all look at each other with the same look of confusion in our eyes. Jay quickly shuts the laptop and grabs it, along with anything else important. Trying to move fast to get out of that room as fast as we can. As we walk through the corridors of headquarters we stay close together and as we reach the ground floor we hurry out the exit knowing we need to get back to the district. We all hop in Kev's car and head back to the district. I can feel the panic creeping through my body, and I can sense just how close I was to being the next one snatched up. Questions like but why me? Why was I next? And why didn't they get me? take over my thoughts and cloud my mind. I can't believe Kev is able to keep his eyes on the road and then there's me who can hardly focus on one spot without completely zoning out. I look over at Jay who's filling in Lilah over text and I can see the worry in his eyes, Jay's always cared about everyone coming home since the day I met him and well since he met Lilah it's became an even bigger priority of his and I don't blame him. We finally pull up at the back entrance of district 21 and Trudy is waiting in a panic at the bottom of the stairs with a binder of what we asked her to look up for us. "What the hell is going on?" Trudy asks. "I wish we knew Sarge, if it wasn't the commissioner who was taken along with Voight, I would have said set-up but now I have no clue what's going on." Kev says and we all nod in agreement. "I'm going to run the MacBook." Kev says before he walks over to the tech room and Antonio follows him. We turn to Trudy, and she leads Jay and I upstairs. "Why haven't you brought anyone else in?" Trudy asks. "Voight said the commissioner wanted us on it because were the only unit who all had alibies for this morning which implies, he thought it was an inside job or that we are the targets, I know Kev thought set up maybe the commissioner was spared so he could lead us into the trap." Jay says and the wheels in my brain keep turning and it is looking like a likely possibility.

Hank's POV

I feel my eyes slowly closing and I have to fight to keep them open. I can feel my head aching and the room I'm in is all a blur. I try to put my hand against my head but feel a resistance and clattering of a chain. My hands must be chained up. I hear footsteps followed by whispered words I can't make out. I hear whimpers and the repetition of the word no from the corner of the room. I use all of my energy to turn my head and see the people in masks with a gun to the commissioner's head. "Get up." They yell and he stumbles to his feet.

Kim's POV

We finish the drive to our hotel which we spent looking over at each other still not even close to being over the fact that were finally married. We get checked in before we walk up to our room our hands interlocked, sharing glances over at each other. We walk into the room and chuck our bags onto the floor and look each other lovingly before we pull into a soft kiss.

Jay's POV

"Hey guys, I just found a disk inside the laptop." Kev says and we all look up and huddle over to his computer. He hits play and footage of outside of the ivory tower begins to play. "Do you think she was close to working out who they are?" Hailey asks. "Looks likely." I reply. We continue to watch the footage which spans over multiple days, each clip being of the same car idling outside of the ivory tower. We zoom in and each time it appears to be the same two men inside. Kev zooms in and scans their faces to put them through facial recognition and it pings up on the screen with a match. "The commissioner was right?" I think to myself in amazement.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)