We'll Work It Out

Gabby's POV

"Mommy." Ellie says as she runs towards me. Lilah goes to leave but I tap her arm and signal her to come in closer before I whisper in her ear, "You should probably go look from Brett, let's just say something happened and I think we upset her." And she nods. "Are you okay Mommy? Ly Ly said your sore, that you got a boo boo." Ellie says. "I did but I'm okay now, you just have to be gentle." I say and Ellie nods. "I would like you to meet someone El." I say and she looks up at me. "This is my friend Matt." I say and she cuts me off, "Is he, my daddy?" Ellie says and I look at her shocked she put two and two together so quickly. I look at Matt and he nods. "Yes Baby, he is your daddy." I say. "Can I give him a hug." Ellie asks. "I think he would like that." I say and she runs over to Matt who gives her a big hug. He looks up at me and smiles the biggest I've seen all day.

Sylvie's POV

I feel a soft hand on my shoulder, I look up and see Lilah. "I don't want to talk." I say. "Okay, I'm just going to sit then." Lilah says. "No, why should I let you, you knew about them, that it's been going on for a while, next thing I know you're going to tell me that kid you picked up was Gabby and Matt's kid." I say and Lilah looks away and sighs. "She is isn't she, I knew it, but I can't believe it, you and Stella have known about this..." I say but Lilah cuts me off, "Stella didn't know, I'm the only one, so don't bring Stella into this. "Well anyways you knew about her being Matt and Gabby's for god knows how long." Brett says. "I only have known Ellie was Matt's since this morning when Gabby asked for me to pick her up from school, to be honest I didn't put two and two together either, look Sylvie I'm sorry I didn't tell you then and there, but it wasn't my place to say." Lilah says. "Whose side are you on." I say. "I don't want to be on a side, your both two of my best friends and neither of you are wrong, your just doing what you think is best for your kids and as a mom I can respect that, but Gabby shouldn't be the one you're taking this out on, to be honest it should be Matt, Gabby came back cool, but Matt always had the choice to say no, but he didn't." Lilah says and I nod knowing she's right although I don't want to believe it. "Yeah, your right, I just need to talk to them, for the sake of both these girls." I say. "Wait did you just say your having a girl." Lilah asks. "Shoot, I knew I would spill eventually, you can keep a secret right." Brett says. "Aww congratulations and I promise to keep my lips zipped, no one will hear anything coming from these lips." Lilah says and I give her a big hug. "I'm sorry for being so harsh on you." I say. "Don't apologize especially to me, I would have been so much worse especially with these hormones, trust me." Lilah says and I laugh. "I'll try to avoid that Lilah." I say. "That would be wise." Lilah says making us both laugh. "Let's go to the cafeteria and get a hot chocolate shall we." I say. "I like that idea." Lilah says and we head towards the cafeteria.

Gabby's POV

I sit watching Ellie show Matt he painting she made at school today already seeing how much he loves her and how much she loves him. I start feeling guilty about the time I took away from them, I just imagine what could have happened if I would have told Matt about Ellie, where we would live, if we would be a family and what would Matt and I be. I see Brett knock on the door and walk in, bracing myself for what's going to come out of her mouth, but instead she simply says, "Matt can we talk." Before waiting patiently outside the room. Lilah you are amazing I think to myself, knowing Lilah is probably behind Brett's rational behaviour and attitude. I nod at Matt, and Ellie looks up at me and says, "Where's Daddy going?" Ellie says. "He's just going to talk to someone baby." I say and she nods before continuing to draw with some crayons.

Matt's POV

We walk outside to the parking lot and sit in the car. When we close the door I say, "I'm sorry Sylvie, I'm an idiot, I screwed up." "I honestly don't care anymore Matt, it's obvious you want to be with Gabby not me, so if that's what you want just say it, stop with the lies." Sylvie says and my heart breaks. "And that's where your wrong, although I'll always care for Gabby I will always care and love you so much more, I know how much I screwed up and how much I need to make it up to you so were going home, just the two of us and we can what whichever movie that you want to watch." I say and Sylvie nods before I lean over and kiss her. "We'll work it out, together." Sylvie says and I nod before leaning in and kissing her again.

AN: I hope you guys liked this chapter, did you expect that, cuz I didn't I just came up with it when I was editing it.