Car Crash

Kelly's POV

We were all sitting in the common room, we had a few minor calls earlier in the shift but this one sounded different. (Ambulance 61, Squad 3, Truck 81, Multi Vehicle Car Crash 2236 Grand Avenue. We all race to the vehicles and load up. When we arrive it looks bad, there's one silver car wedged into a lamp post that looks to have the driver trapped inside unconscious there is a silver car that looks as though it crashed the side of the blue car with the driver and a young child. "Squad take the silver car, truck work on the blue car." I say. I walk up the silver car and I look inside. I see a woman who I'm pretty sure I've seen before she's unconscious and has head trauma. "Get these doors open." I shout out to Capp and Tony. They pull her out and everyone realises who are victim is. It's Hailey. "It's Detective Upton." I yell out to Brett and Violet. "Oh god." Brett says. "Can you make sure intelligence is notified." I call to Brett.

In the ambo

Sylvie's POV

"You drive." I tell Violet she walks towards the driver's seat. I know we've got to move it's not looking good; I call for another ambulance to arrive at the scene and as soon as the ambo pulls up, we leave. I was about to put gauze around her head when her stats start to drop. I quickly grab a breathing tube and insert it as soon as I do her stats start improving and she stabilizes.

Back at the scene

Stella's POV

We just managed to get the doors open. The other ambo collars the little girl and her mum. Lilah has the look on her face, full of empathy. I can tell she's thinking what if that was Brin, the child in the car not much different in age from Brin. We get both of them out of the vehicle and hand them over to the ambo that just arrived on the scene both of them unconscious. After we clean up the scene, I go up to her. "You good." I ask. "Yeah, just hit close to home I guess." She replies. I give her a pat on the shoulder before saying, "Okay then let's make our way back to the house."

The district

Hank's POV

I'm sitting at my desk when I get a call from Maggie at Med. "Voight." I say. "Hey Hank, It's Maggie, I just want to let you know that Hailey has been brought to med, she was in a car crash and is in pretty bad shape." Maggie says. "We'll be right there." I say. "Oh god" I think to myself, I walk out of my office.

Jay's POV

I see Voight walk out of his office; it looks like somethings wrong. "Everyone gather around." He says, "Maggie has just informed me that Hailey has been in a car crash and is in bad shape, so we are going to make our way down to Med, all of us, now." Voight says. We all nod. Oh god I think to myself. I think of how we left things and although everything that happened between us in the last few months, I still care about her and I don't know what I would do if she died. We roll out and Ruzek can see I'm distraught. "She'll pull through, Hailey's one of the toughest people I've ever met, she's a fighter." he says. "What if she doesn't, I don't want the last conversation we had to be us screaming at each other, saying some harsh allegations about each other, I just can't." I say. "It won't be, trust me." Adam says. We arrive at med and Maggie informs us that Hailey went up to surgery and that she will give us an update when she has one. Goodwin then pulls Hank aside.

Hank's POV

"Umm, so at first we thought the other car hit her, but it turns out she ran a red light and was 5 times over the legal limit. Also, the mother and daughter from the other car are in critical condition and the little girl already coded once." Goodwin says solemnly. Oh god I think to myself. "Thanks Sharon." I say making my way back to the unit. How am I going to tell them? I also know of that poor girl and what will happen to Hailey if she doesn't make it. "What did Goodwin say to you." Ruzek asks. "Adam it's probably private if she didn't tell all of us." Kim says. "Actually," I say. "She informed me, that when Hailey was driving, she was 5 times over the legal limit and ran the red light putting her at fault and the little girl and her mother who were also involved and are in critical condition, the little girl even coded." They all look at me in disbelief. Jay buries his head in his knees. "Hey, keep your head up, she's strong, she'll make it through this." I say not completely convinced by myself.

Jay's POV

I keep my head buried in my knees then Voight calls me asking me to come with him. I reluctantly stand up and walk with him. "I know you and Hailey didn't leave it well the last time you spoke, and I just hope you aren't beating yourself up about this." He says. I felt like crying, he pats me on the back. "I just hope she didn't go out drinking because of me." I say. "What do you mean." He asks. "I hope she didn't stay off work so she wouldn't have to see me because of what we said to each other." I reply. "I don't know why she wasn't at work and why she was out drinking but you definitely can't blame yourself." Hank says before walking off.

AN: I hope you guys like this chapter. :)