Didn't Want To Lie

3 Days Later

Lilah's POV

I sit on the edge of the hospital bed everything packed up and ready to go. As soon as I woke up I just wanted out of the hospital room, but obviously they wouldn't let me do that. Jay and Kelly went to grab the car with the kids and Stella is standing next to me having just been release 10 minutes before. "Okay Lilah, here's your prescription for your meds, try and get them withing the next hour or so because as soon as your meds wear off your going to feel all of it." Stevie says and I nod. She passes me my crutches and I carefully step off the bed. My foot feels weird in the boot, it almost reminds me of when I was 16 when I had to be on crutches after knee surgery. Which is in the top 5 of worst things that happened to me and that's saying something. I walk out with Stella, and she goes to grab the prescription, but I move my hand. "Do you want to go grab them now, it would be easier to go to the pharmacy here?" Stella asks and I shake my head. "Nah I'll get them later." I say. "Okay don't wait too long though your heard what the doc said." Stella says. "I've got it Stella, honestly." I say and she nods. I didn't really mean what I said but I did at the same time. Déjà Vu's a funny thing, sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad and this is one of those bad things. I put my prescription in my bag and Jay helps me into the car, I having not said anything else to Stella.

Stella's POV

"Hey, you okay, you and Lilah seemed quiet?" Kelly says and I nod. "Yeah, where fine, I guess were both just processing it all, it's been a whirlwind of a week." I say. "Yeah, I know." He says pulling me into a hug before driving off.

Lilah's POV

"Did you grab your meds from the pharmacy, or do we need to stop at one on the way home?" Jay asks. I think about it before saying, "Yeah Stella and I just grabbed all of them." I say lying straight to his face which I know I'm going to come to regret later. I walk slowly into our house with my crutches and when I open the door Brin is standing there with a sign she made that says, "Welcome Home Mommy!" Before running up to me and gently hugging me. I bend down and kiss her on her forehead which causes my rib to twinge in pain, but it was worth it. She walks next to me as I continue to walk through the house into the living room where I sit down, well flop down. I can already feel the meds wearing off and more pain gradually building up. Jay sits down next to me with Immie, and I rest my head on his lap looking up at him and Im. He leans forwards and kisses me on the lips before stroking my hair.

Jay's POV

I watch Lilah drift off into sleep and I pick her up and carry her to our room. I lay her down on the bed and pull the blankets over her kissing her head before exiting the room. As I walk back into the living room Brin passes me my phone and says, "It pinged, I didn't read it though." "Thank you." I say picking her up and tickling her making her giggle. I put her down before looking at my phone, it's from Stella. "Hey did you and Lilah go get her meds? Just checking she seemed a bit off when I mentioned them." Stella says and I reply. "She said she got them with you, I'll check her bag though and get back to you." I say grabbing her bag looking through it for her meds and I come back empty. I hear my phone ping three times and grab it again. Three texts "She definitely didn't." followed by "Please don't tell me she lied to both of us, something's got to be up." Followed by "Oh Shit ..." I reply with, "It looks like it and what do you mean Oh shit????" but don't get a reply. I text Stella a few more times before giving up. I put my phone down and walk into our bedroom where I see Lilah laying down. "What aren't you telling me and why." I mutter before kissing her head. I hear a fast and loud knock at the door and open it to see Stella. "Hey, I'm sorry for just coming here but I need to talk to her, I know what's going on here." Stella says. "She's asleep right now and as much as I want to get to the bottom of this too, she's exhausted and I don't want to wake her." I say and Stella nods. Kelly, Her and the kids walk in and sit down on the couch with me. Kelly and Stella flop onto the couch and look exhausted. "If you guys want to sleep you can. I'll watch them." I say and they mouth thank you before drifting off into sleep.

2 hours later

Lilah's POV

I open my eyes and realise I'm no longer on the couch but in bed. I sit up and the pain kicks in. I fall back down onto the bed clutching my side, the side with all the stitches and bruising. I pull the blanket back over me and bury my head in my pillow when I hear the door open, and I shift to a normalish position. He walks beside the bed as he sees my eyes open... He gets his eyes level with mine and says, "Hey I know about the meds, and I saw the bury my head in the pillow quickly switch thing you just did so I know you're in pain." Jay says and I turn over. He walks around to the other side of the bed, and I start to cry. He crawls into the bed and hugs me tight. "I'm sorry baby." I say choking on my words. "I didn't want to have to lie but if that's what I had to do to stop me from having to get the meds then I would do it.