Glad I Didn't Miss It

Jay's POV

I wake up next and place my hand on Lilah's growing baby bump. She opens her eyes and looks over at me before moving in closer. "It's starting to show more huh." Lilah says and I smile at her before kissing her. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." Lilah says putting her arms around my neck and staring into my eyes.

Sylvie's POV

I stayed up all night searching for apartments or houses within my price range in the area and narrowed it down to 5 options that I think are suitable. I'm going to see if Lilah and Stella are available today to go to these apartments with me to look around. I walk down the hall and knock-on Stella's door. "It's just me." I say "Come in." Stella says. I walk in and she is putting her shirt on. "Hey, are you busy today?" I ask. "Not really, we've just got an appointment with the funeral director at 5, why?" Stella asks. "I've got some apartment viewings set up and was hoping that you and Lilah would be able to come with me." I say. "Of course, when do you need to go." Stella asks. "Around 11 the first house is at 11:15 and only around 10 minutes away." I say. "Sounds good, and count me in." Stella says and I give her a big hug. "Thanks, I'm going to see if Lilah can come too." I say. I walk to Lilah's room and knock on her door. She opens it and gives me a hug. "Hey, are you free today." I say. "Yeah, how come?" Lilah asks. "I've got some apartments lined up and was wondering if you would like to come with me and Stella." I say. "Yeah of course, and if you don't find anything today, I just want you to know there's no rush at all, you can stay as long as you like." Lilah says and I give her a big hug. "Also, if you find one, I guarantee we will all be begging to chip in." Lilah says. "I hope so, I have so much stuff not only here but in that storage unit and I don't think I can manage it all especially being pregnant." I say. "Well, if Kelly and Jay don't volunteer, I guarantee Stella and I will make them volunteer. It might just take longer but you definitely won't be alone." Lilah says with a laugh. "Okay be ready for 11, we will probably be leaving just after." I say.

11 O'clock

Sylvie's POV

We are all ready and start driving to the first house I have lined up. We arrive and meet with the real estate agent before looking around the house. It has the right amount of rooms, it's in the right area and price range but I don't think it's me and where I would imagine raising my daughter. Although I would consider living there, I feel like there is better options and this is not the home for me. "Not the one?" Stella asks reading my mind. "Don't think so, I just can't see it." I reply and they nod. We then leave and head off to the next house I had lined up only 3 minutes away.

1 Hour Later

Sylvie's POV

We spent the last hour looking at houses and we only had one left. All the others we've seen haven't impressed me but if this next one isn't the one would work. The one I liked the most from the listings I saved for the last so I hope it's the one. We all walk in, and I can tell Lilah and Stella know that this is the one. It has everything I wanted, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, within my price range and close to their homes and shift. I look over at them and say, "This is the one." And they nod in agreement. "It's gorgeous." Lilah says. "Yeah, you'll make this a great home for yourself and that little one." Stella says and I smile. We put the deposit down for the place before heading out back to Lilah's place since Stella has to go with Kelly to meet with the funeral director, to decide on the final touches for Jennifer's funeral. This leaves Lilah, Jay and I to watch Mason.

Kelly's POV

We arrive at the funeral home, my mum's funeral book in my hands. I put my free arm around Stella, I think how lucky I am to have her doing this with me, both times around. I just hope I don't make the same mistakes as last time. We walk in hand the book through and select some of the things my mum didn't pre-select or have an idea on. As I turn each page the more emotions that flood my brain.

Delilah's POV

"What are you trying to do." I say to Mason who looks as though he's trying to pull himself up from the floor. "What is he doing?" Jay asks. "Trying to pull himself up, hopefully he's unsuccessful until his parents return." I say. "We can only hope." Jay says making us both chuckle slightly.

Stella's POV

We drive back from the meeting with the funeral director and walk into Lilah's. "How was the devil." Kelly asks Lilah. "The monkey was trying to pull himself up and was pretty damn close." Lilah says. "Was he really." I say and Lilah nods. "Glad he wasn't successful otherwise I would have been mad that I missed it." I say. "He's close so keep an eye on that." Lilah says and I laugh. "Will do." Kelly says.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry about not being able to post yesterday :)