Long Day's Work

Jay's POV

"The commissioner was right?" I think to myself. I look down at the screen and who pops up on facial recognition? Two Vice cops who have been investigated on multiple occasions for suspicious conduct aka being a dirty cop. "This has got to be them." I say. "Yeah, it's looking that way but why? Why pull me out of that room, I've been going over that day, if they didn't pull me out of that room to take me why else, is there something I could have noticed, or was it just they screwed up, because someone definitely was there, I heard a large crash." Hailey says and I agree. It's the one part that doesn't add up. They're slick, we know that so if they wanted Hailey, why let her go, it doesn't seem right. "Kev pull up the livestream footage, Hailey's right, there cops, there slick there's no chance their plan was to take Hailey, were missing something." I say and they all nod in agreement and Kevin pulls up the footage.

Delilah's POV

"Brin, Mak do want a snack." I call through to the two of them who are in Brin's room. "Can we have ice-cream?" Brin calls back. "Are you sure you don't want to save that for after dinner?" I ask. "No, can we have it now?" Brin says. "Alright then, come out here and pick what you want." I say and I can hear their footsteps as they run down the hall.

Jay's POV

We watch the footage, and nothing immediately pops out to any of us, meaning we're all going to be here for a while. I pull out my phone and call Lilah and she answers. "Hey babe we're going to be here for a while it's a bit more complicated than we thought." I say. "Okay babe, I know you'll work it out, you always do." Lilah says. "Yeah, I'll do my best, Kev was asking if you didn't mind if you could keep Mak and Aymie overnight, ids that all good?" I ask. "Yeah of course I got them, tell Kev not to worry plus Mak and Brin are keeping each other entertained and Aymie's no trouble." Lilah says. "Your incredible." Jay says. "Daddy." Brin says through the phone. "Hey munchkin, are you having fun with Mak?" Jay asks. "Yeah, we watched Encanto, made play dough and played barbies." Brin says super-fast and excited. "Okay Brin daddy needs to get back to work, we'll call him before you go to bed okay." Lilah says to Brin. "Okay bye daddy, I love you." Brin says. "I love you too Brin." I say. "I'll try and call you before you put the girls to bed." I say. "Don't stress babe, I love you, go get them and be safe out there." Lilah says. "I will, I love you too Liles." I say before hanging up the call. "Jay we've got to go." Kev calls through to me from the bullpen. I walk in and their all surrounding a desk. "Goodwin just called, Hank just showed up in the ED apparently a civilian found him crawling in an alley way and called an ambulance." Hailey says and I grab my coat off the back of my chair before we all rush downstairs.

Goodwin's POV

I'm standing outside Hank's room as Ethan and Crockett begin to treat him. "He's crashing." Ethan says and they begin to start CPR and push Epinephrine. His vitals start to improve just as the entire intelligence unit walks through the doors with worried looks on each of their faces.

Jay's POV

We walk into med and are greeted by Mrs Goodwin who takes us to the conference room at the front of the ED. "Well Sargent Voight has just been rushed up to have emergency surgery, last I saw of him he was barely stable having crashed seconds before but were going to do everything we can. There is one thing though, when he came in Doctor Choi said he said something, a few names maybe, Harvey Davis, Lockie Nolan and Marlene Bradford, he kept repeating them before he went unconscious." Goodwin says before exiting the room. "I know those names, Harvey Davis and Lockie Nolan work as a vice detectives out of the 19th district and Marlene Bradford is the sergeant of vice, this has got to be them behind this, it all fits." I say and they all nod. We pick up our stuff and head back to the district where we begin to scavenge through all known locations for the three and bring internal affairs into the loop. 15 minutes later we crash a warehouse the three's cell towers have frequented in the past. We crash down the doors and after heavy gunfire and hitting 1 and arresting the other 2 we find the commissioner tied up to a pole. I search for a pulse but there isn't one. "Victim's DOA." I say into the radio before stepping back. A few minutes later an ambulance wheels in to treat Nolan and internal affairs takes the other two to be questioned before sending them to get processed for the two murders. We all leave the scene and head to med, the news being Voight just got out of surgery and he's stable. We all walk into the ED and Maggie says, "He's in Bay 4." We walk into the bay and see him heavily bandaged and bruised. "Did you get them, is Barney (the commissioner) okay." He asks before we can ask if he's okay. "We got them, there all in custody but um ... the commissioner didn't make it sarge." Antonio says and Sarge looks grimly to the floor staying silent. We all leave the room to give him time to process it all, before heading home ourselves for much needed rest after the long day we've all had.