You Two Did Good

3 weeks later 10:30 am

Jay's POV

I wake up and look over at Lilah who seems very awake and uncomfortable and give her a big hug and whisper, "Hey are you okay?" In her ear. She turns her head and looks at me. "Yeah, Braxton hicks that's all." Lilah says before giving me a kiss. She turns away and her hands placed gently on her stomach. I kiss her cheek before heading to grab her a heat pack and some pain killers.

Delilah's POV

I turn over and I feel a stabbing pain right to my stomach, but it quickly goes away. I then turn over and as I do a wave of nausea hits me and I run to the bathroom. I throw up once before Jay comes behind me and wipes my face. He holds my hair back and rubs my back before I lay back in his arms. We sit there for a few minutes, and I start to think I'm in labour as the pains are coming and going closer together. Jay helps me up and just as I stand up my water breaks and my stomach cramps up. Jay looks down in shock before sitting me down on the bed and grabbing all our stuff. I pick up my phone and call Stella. "Hey, my water just broke so were on the way to the hospital." I say. "Okay I'll be there in 10." Stella says before we hang up. I text Sylvie and Hailey the same thing and they both reply on my way. We walk to the car and Jay drives to the hospital. His right-hand gripping with mine the whole way. When we arrive Nat's waiting and I get wheeled up to maternity whilst Jay parks the car. "How are you feeling Lilah." Nat asks. "Alright for now." I say slightly chuckling. "How far apart are your contractions, "4 minutes give or take." I say and she helps me up into the bed. "Okay I'm going to put the baby monitor on you and then check your cervix." Nat says and I nod. "Your already 4 cm so we can get you the epidural." Nat says and I nod. I'm slightly surprised of how far dilalated I am already since my water only broke 15 minutes ago. In that moment Jay, Stella, Hailey and Sylvie walk into the room. I give them all a hug and they look at me surprised as the anaesthesiologist walks in with an epidural. "How are you already 4 cm." Sylvie asks. "I was just as surprised myself." I say chuckling slightly. Jay sits beside me holding my hand and I lean over and kiss him. "I'm fine baby, don't worry about me." I whisper into his ear seeing the worry in his eyes. I hold his hand as the epidural catheter is inserted, I feel a pinch but after that nothing. I sit up and start talking to all of them. Nat walks out to treat other patients and says she'll come check up on me in about 30 minutes.

30 minutes later

In the last 5 minutes the pain has begun to escalate and begin feeling much more pressure than before Nat walks in and I make her aware or this and she checks my cervix again and tells me I'm at 9 cm with shocks me and the others in the room when Nat walks out to get all the things for when I hit 10 cm Stella says sarcastically, "How do you get so lucky, first you have a pregnancy with minimal morning sickness then you get these super quick labours, it's so unfair." And I chuckle slightly.

10 minutes later

I finally reach the full 10 cm and I have Stella and Jay each holding one of my hands and Hailey and Sylvie , supporting me, Sylvie occasionally helping the nurses. I push for 15-20 minutes and then she's here. Jay cuts her umbilical cord, and the nurses clean her off before passing her to me. I lay her on my chest and look down at her. "Hey sweetie." I say stroking her head before looking over at Jay who like me his eyes are watering. He kisses me before saying, "I love you." "I love you too." I say. We all sit in awe for a few minutes before Jay says, "Should we tell them all her name?" And I nod, "You tell them babe." I say and he smiles. "Imogen Elyse Halstead." Jay says looking over at me and Immie. "Aww Hi Imogen." Hailey says. We pass Immie around to each other girls whilst Jay walks into the waiting room to grab Brin off Gabby who picked her up from school.

Jay's POV

I walk out into the waiting room where 51, intelligence and med are starting to cluster, and I see Brin who immediately runs up to me. "Is baby sister here." She asks and I smile. "Yeah, do you want to come and meet her?" I ask and she nods excitedly. I grab her hand and we walk to Lilah's room. When we walk in Hailey is holding Immie and Brin walks up to her mum and gives her a hug before heading over to Hailey and the baby. I pick Brin up and sit her next to me on the couch before taking Immie and passing her over to Brin who smiles. "What's sissy's name?" Brin asks. "Imogen." I say. "I like that name; can I call her Immie?" Brin asks and I nod. I turn my head and see Lilah looking over at us with a big smile on her face. I take some photos of Brin and Immie before walking over to Lilah and kissing her again whilst the others watch Brin. "We'll give her a minute and then we'll get the thousands of Immie's adoring fans to come in." I say and Lilah kisses me and nods.

Delilah's POV

In the next few minutes, the room begins to fill. Will and Natalie come and visit her, and Will makes many crazy uncle jokes before looking at Immie and back over at me and Jay repetitively to try and work out who she looks more like only finding that she has my brown eyes. "Where's my nieces." Kelly says as he walks into my room. "Wow don't worry your favourite cousin's fine too." I say and he laughs coming to give me a big hug before sitting beside Stella who's holding Immie. The others filter through holding her including the firehouse, some of med and intelligence but it was Voight's reaction which I could tell meant the most to Jay. He turns and looks at me and Jay and says "You two did good, and this kid is lucky to have you guys as her parents." Which Jay is speechless and unsure how to respond to so he just gives Voight a big hug. When everyone has met her the room is just left with Joe and Chloe, Kim and Adam, Will and Nat, Stella and Kelly, Mason, Gabby and Matt, Ellie, Brooklyn, Sylvie and Hailey. We all talk for a while before it starts to get late, and they all start to leave. We all say goodbye and thank them for coming. The room then is just left to Jay, Brin, Immie and I. I lay down next to Brin who fell asleep in my bed. I kiss Jay goodnight before closing my eyes for some rest I need.

Jay's POV

I watch as Lilah closes her eyes and I look over at my favourite girls in the world. I put Immie down in her basinet before laying down on the couch.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was a bit longer than my general chapters but i felt like there was so many endless possibilities and things I could put in that it was hard to eliminate some of them. On a side note who do you ship Violet with more Gallo or Hawkins? Tell me who you like better :) x