Celebration at Molly's

That Night At Molly's

Jay's POV

No one from intelligence listened to Voight, none of us went home, instead we all went to Molly's to celebrate. Some of 51 and Med were also at Molly's. We were there for about 5 minutes when Delilah and Severide walked up to us. I didn't really hear what they saying I was too mesmerised by Delilah and how stunning she was in the gorgeous red v-neck jumper and jeans she was wearing. She ended up buying the whole team their next round of drinks, everyone erupting in cheers at that. She walked off and sat down with Kelly and Stella near the bar. I couldn't take my eyes off her the entire time she walked away. I hear Adam mention Hailey and say something about her being seated at the other end of the bar still furious with everything that happened as I try to not making it noticeable that she was getting under my skin by doing this.

Stella's POV

Delilah and Kelly sat down on the stools in front of the bar. "Damn Lie," I say, "You've definitely got someone checking you out." I laugh. "That's what I told her, but she wouldn't believe me." Kelly says. "I think he wants to ask you out girl." I say. "Ok sure" Delilah says mockingly. "Look here he comes now" I say before I move to serve someone at the bar. Kelly also moves away pretending to go to the bathroom.

Jay's POV

I'm going to do it, I'm going to take the leap, I'm going to talk to her in a 1 on 1 conversation. "Hey Averton." I say as I walk up to her. She turns around and smiles at me. "Hey Halstead." She replies. "May I sit." I say pointing at the empty chair next to her. "Of course." She replies. "I just wanted to say that I don't know if we would have been able to close that case if it wasn't for you." I say. "I highly doubt that, from what I've seen you guys are all amazing detective's, all I did was maybe speed up the process a little bit." She says sweetly with a small smile creeping across her face. "Ok then whatever you want to believe." I say. She gets a phone call. "Hey Brin." She says into the phone. "Ok then I'll see you in the morning, goodnight, I love you." "Who was that." I ask trying not to sound too pushy. "My daughter Brinley." She replies. "She's at her first sleepover and she's trying not to let on she's a little nervous." She says with a little laugh. "How old is she." I ask. "7." She replies. "Wanna see a photo?" she asks. "I would love to." I reply. She pulls out her phone and shows me her phone background. It's an image of her and her daughter who is the spitting image of her. "Aww she looks just like you." I say. "Nah she's way cuter." She replies with a laugh. "Just like her daddy." She says her voice getting sad and she sees the confusion on my face so continues. "Her dad was a firefighter in my old house with me, he died when she was 8 weeks old as well as one of my best friends in a high-rise fire where no one from my house made it out alive." she says with tears filling up her eyes, I could tell she was trying to act strong and hold it together. She wipes the tears from her eyes. "I get that." I say and she looks at me slightly confused so I elaborate. "I was in the Army rangers and this one day I got sick and got all lightheaded and couldn't walk straight so I got ordered to stay at camp and 130 people from my regiment died that day." I say. "Did you blame yourself." She asks. "For too long but then I came to terms that there was nothing I could have done even if I wasn't sick if anything that illness is what prevented me from dying." I say. "Me too, Brin and Stella saved me from falling into a hole I probably couldn't of got out of." We continued to talk for hours until it went 11 o'clock. "I've probably got to go now, I've got shift in the morning and don't want to be a zombie." She says laughing. "I'll walk you out." I say.

Stella's POV

"We should of bet money on that you know, we could be millionaires." I say to Kelly whilst pointing at Jay and Delilah exiting the bar together. "Indeed." Kelly replies whilst laughing. I lean over to the bar and kiss him before moving and serving some other customers.

Jay's POV

I walk her out and as I'm about to say goodbye when turns around she kisses me. I wasn't expecting it but I pulled her closer and was into it. "Let's get out of here." I say laughing. "Mmh." She replies smiling up at me. 

AN: I loved this chapter so much, I hope you guys enjoyed it too, I've been waiting for so long to write this chapter and it was better than I originally imagined it to turn out like :).