I Can't Loose Her Too

Matt's POV

I open my eyes and see Gabby lying next to me covered in blood. I feel like crying but I know I have to stay strong for her. "Gabby." I say in hopes she'll open her eyes or respond. I look over at the door, but I see it completely blocked by fallen wood and tiles. I grab my radio knowing I'm going to need helping her get out of here. "Gabby's down, it looks bad, I'm going to need the ariel to the window to get her down, the door is blocked, but for now I need a chainsaw to cut this wood otherwise Gabby is going to be pinned in and a backboard and c-collar." I say through the radio. "On it chief." I hear Severide reply. Every second without assistance feels like hours, I feel so helpless. I look down at her and keep saying she's going to be okay although I'm not coming close to convincing myself. I see the wood causing heavy external bleeding making me imagine how bad it is inside. I hear the window lift and see Severide. I see him about to climb through when I say, "Just pass it to me, the floor is too unstable anyway, any more weight it could collapse." And Severide nods. I walk over trying to not put too much weight on. I grab the c-collar and the saw before returning to Gabby. I begin to cut the wood penetrating her stomach, after it's cut, I carefully place the c-collar around her neck and lay her on the back board before picking her up and passing her to Severide. I can tell from his expression he thinks it's bad too. "Incoming." I hear Severide say most likely to Violet, Lilah and Sylvie. As I reach the bottom of the ladder and jump off the truck as usual, I feel a sharp pain in my ankle, "Ah." I say bringing Sylvie's attention to me leaving Lilah and Violet to work on Gabby. "Are you okay, you scared me in there." Sylvie says. "Yeah, I say, I think my foots busted but otherwise I'm good." I say hugging her. "Let's get it checked out." Sylvie says. "No, I'm good, I will but I need to stay with Gabby, I need to know if she's okay." I say and Sylvie reluctantly nods, and I walk over to the ambo. "We've got to get her to med, she's bleeding too rapidly." Lilah says with tears in her eyes and Violet nods. "You drive, Sylvie and I in back." Violet says and Lilah nods. They load her up and just before they close the doors I say, "I want to come, can I ride with you." I can see Sylvie wanting to say yes although she knows she's not supposed to. "You can ride in the front with Lilah, we need all the room back here." Sylvie says and I nod before running to the passenger side of the ambo.

Delilah's POV

I sit in the front of the Ambo feeling overwhelmed. I can't lose Gabby too. I hear the door open and Matt jumps in. I hear a tap on the boot and begin to drive as fast as I can without being reckless towards the hospital. I look over Matt for a few seconds and can see he's shook up by this more than most, which is understandable due to their long history with each other. We are minutes away from the hospital when I hear the alarms beginning to blare. My heart drops, I then hear Violet yell, "She's coding." Followed by a lot of talking between Brett and Violet before I hear Violet yell, "Clear." "Clear." Brett says, "No pulse, continue compressions and bagging." "Clear." I hear Violet say. "Clear." Brett says, "We got a pulse, 70, climbing, 80, 90, 91 holding." I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders although I know she's not out of the woods. "Good timing, were here." I say pulling into the med ambo bay. "She's going to get through this, we both know she's strong and has come back from hell and back." I say placing my hand on Matt's shoulder and he nods not completely convinced

Ethan's POV

I see the ambo bring in a firefighter. "Gabriella Dawson, impalement in the abdomen, coded once in the ambo." Violet says and I nod. "Bag dad." Maggie says and I wheel her in.

Delilah's POV

"I'm going to call Jay and get him to put me on to Antonio, it's a great way to start his first day back in intelligence" I say to Stella, and she nods. I pick up the phone and head outside. "Hey Babe." I say. "Hey what's up, it everything okay, are you okay." Jay says frantically. "Yeah, I'm all fine Babe, I didn't mean to scare you, I was just wondering if Antonio's there. "I say and I hear Jay exhale. "Yeah why." Jay says. "I'll tell you afterwards I think he just deserves to know first , do you mind just passing him the phone, it's kind of important." I say. "Okay I will, I love you Liles." Jay says. "I love you too Jay and thank you." I say. I hear Antonio grab the phone and words out of his and Jay's conversation. "Hey Lilah." Antonio says. "Hey Antonio." I say. "What's going on." Antonio asks. "Gabby's been brought to med, it doesn't look good, she has an impalement and she coded in the ambo." I say almost tearing up. "Yeah, I'm on my way." Antonio says sounding like he's gathering things frantically. "Hey what was that about." Jay says. "It's Gabby, she's been brought to med." I say. "Yeah, I think we're all going to head down, Antonio just told us all and Voight told us to all follow, so I'll see you in a minute." Jay says before hanging up. I walk back towards Stella. "So?" she asks. "Yeah, the unit is on their way down here." I say and Stella nods.

Ethan's POV

I bring Gabby into a room and get a stat x-ray which reveals the wood had torn part of the liver and has nicked an artery which explains all the blood. "We need to get her up to surgery to try and repair her liver and stop the bleeding." I say and the nurses begin to move her bed up to surgery.

AN: I Hope You Guys Enjoyed this Chapter :)