I Don't Know What I Would Do Without Her

One Week Later

Delilah's POV

I wake up feeling achy and nauseous. I stand up and a wave of dizziness hits me. I sit down on the bed again. Jay looks up at me. "You alright Babe?" Jay asks. "Yeah, I just stood up too fast." I say giving him a smile masking the fact I feel like I'm about to throw up. I get ready for shift anyways trying to ignore how nauseous I feel and how much my head is aching. I wake up Brin and pack her things for school into her bag when Jay leaves the house giving me a kiss on my forehead just before walking out the door. As soon as he leaves, I grab the paracetamol out of the cupboard and take some before heading to the bathroom and putting cold water on my face. I then grab my shift things and I leave myself dropping Brin off at the bus stop. "Have a good day at school Munchkin." I say as she hops out of the car giving me a kiss on the cheek. I continue driving to shift and put on a fake smile. I know Stella will notice eventually. We drop our bags off in the locker room and straight away the bells go off. "Ambo 61, Squad 3, Truck 81, Engine 51, Apartment Fire, 2600 Lakeshore Drive." We all grab our gear and load up. I was happy to feel the paracetamol beginning to work and the nausea and headaches calming down. I drive the truck to the scene and when we arrive, we see the building up in flames. "This doesn't look too good." I say to Stella, and she nods.

Five Minutes Later

Stella's POV

Lilah and I are up on the top floor of the complex and the room flashes over. I see Lilah getting thrown before I don't see anything besides a blur.

Will's POV

I hear the Ambo come in and Doctor Hammer get called. I feel shocked as Brett says tears in her eyes, "Delilah Halstead, 33, unconscious and intubated on the way over here." My heart drops. I see that she's intubated and is either fighting it or is having difficulty breathing. I notify Maggie before walking into the doctors lounge and calling Jay to tell him about Lilah before I get called out to treat another victim which is Stella.

Stevie's POV

As I hear Lilah's name been said I look over at Will, he looks worried, this is his sister-in-law. I see him walk away most likely to contact Jay before I see Lilah's oxygenation dropping slowly but consistently and order a stat chest x-ray. It reveals she has a pneumothorax. I release the pressure and her oxygenation saturation starts to climb again. Although she's stable, I know she's still not out of the woods. I get Monique to run some labs for me as well as sending Lilah up for some scans, so that we don't miss anything.

Jay's POV

We just got back to the district when I feel my phone vibrate. It's Will, I'm confused but answer. "Hey Jay, Lilah's been brought to Med, it's not looking to good, get down here as soon as you can." Will says. I feel like I'm going to break down. "I'm on my way." I say to will before hanging up the call. I walk up to Voight's office and knock before entering. "I'm heading to Med, Lilah got injured on a call." I say when fighting back tears and Voight nods. "Go we will follow you down." Hank says. I run down the stairs and to my SUV, my heart beating, my hands trembling and a million thoughts running through my mind. 

Stella's POV

The next thing I know I see multiple people crowding over me saying a combination of things including, "She's awake." "Stella, can you hear me." I go to sit up and feel a sharp pain in my arm. My vision comes back more, and I realise were no longer at the fire scene but at Med. "Is Lilah okay." Is the first thing I ask. "She's getting treated by Doctor Hammer, I'll get you an update when we've checked you out." I hear someone I recognize to be Will say "Hey Stella we will get you that update on Lilah but first we need to make sure your okay, so is it okay if i examine you." I let him check me out, but I'm not focused on me but Lilah, he obviously knows something, so it mustn't be good if he's not telling me.

Jay's POV

I walk into the ED at Med and see firefighters occupying the waiting room. "Any news." I ask Kelly. "Don't have anything on either of them." Kelly replies, he looks just as worried and shook up as I am. A few moments later Will walks out into the waiting room and Kelly, and I walk up to him the whole of intelligence and firehouse 51 rising to their feet. "Stella's awake, she's got some minor injuries but otherwise she's okay, and she's asking for you Kelly." Will says and a nurse takes Kelly to Stella. "Will what about Lilah?" I ask. "Last thing I saw was her getting wheeled upstairs to get a few scans, all I really know is she's out and intubated. But I promise as soon as I hear anything I'll come find you." Will says putting his hand softly on my back. I turn around and look over at the firehouse. "What the hell happened." I say angrily. "The floor the girls were on flashed over, but we don't know how they got these injuries, we are just assuming they got thrown." Casey says. I walk out of the waiting room out into the fresh air, I feel like I want to punch someone, I see Hailey following me. "Hailey I just want to be alone." I say. "You know how this works and that I'm not going to let you do that." Hailey replies. "Get whatever you need to get out, out because I don't want you exploding on any of them, they all love her too." Hailey says and I nod. We sit on the bench. "I keep thinking the worst-case scenario, I can't lose her Hailey, she's my everything and I don't know what I'll do without her." I say. "You've just got to stay positive, we all know Lilah, so we all know she's one tough cookie and plus she's a Severide so doesn't she technically have 9 lives." Hailey says and I nod.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I will try and post another chapter tonight since I won't be able to tommorow :)