A Rollercoaster Of Emotions

3 weeks later

Gabby's POV

I wake up to immense cramps. I'm only 30 weeks but the doctors did say with Triplet's labour usually starts much earlier. They soon disappear and don't come back so I head out to the shops. I begin walking through the shops and start feeling dizzy. I lean against the wall before everything goes black.

Bystander's POV

I watch as this pregnant woman falls to the floor. A group of people run over to her, one a doctor who begins checking her out, whilst another calls 911 and another searching through her bag for any identification. An ambulance arrives 5 minutes later, and we help lift her onto a gurney. "Gabriella Dawson." The one with the I.D. says and the paramedics seem to know her.

15 Minutes Later at Med

Natalie's POV

Maggie tells me I'm up and I walk to the ambulance bay and see Gabby being wheeled in on a gurney unconscious. I bring into trauma 1 and immediately notice vaginal bleeding and rapid heart rate. Doctor Hammer joins me in the room. "What are you thinking?" Stevie asks. "Preeclampsia." I say. "I'll page ob, she's going to have to have a c-section if your right which it's looking likely." Stevie says and I nod. Matt walks in a few seconds later and goes to Gabby's bedside.

Matt's POV

I walk in and want to start crying. I grab Gabby's hand before kissing her head. "You're going to be okay, you and the babies, you're all going to be fine." I say before Nat says, "We need to get her up to the OR to perform and emergency C-section." I nod and they begin wheeling her up me following them until they reach the surgery doors where I can't pass through. I walk out into the waiting room and pick up my phone and text Kelly and update him. He replies telling me Stella, him and the kids are on the way down and Lilah and Jay will be after picking Brin and Ellie up from school. I finish off the conversation before sitting down on one of the OR waiting room chairs.

1 hour later

Natalie's POV

I watch as Gabby's surgery takes place from the observation window. I watch as the babies are pulled out one by one, Gabby's heart rate and blood pressure rising as soon as all three umbilical cords are cut. The doctors pass the babies off and they are all sent to the NICU. They sew Gabby up before wheeling her out to the ICU for monitoring.

Matt's POV

All of us stand up hopeful for good news as Gabby's surgeon walks out into the waiting room. "They all made it out of surgery. The triplets are in the NICU, and Gabby is being taken up to the ICU as we speak." The doc says and I feel a wait lifted off my shoulders. "Can I see her." I say. "When we get her situated definitely but for now, I can take you and another to see your babies." The doc says and I nod. "Yes please." I say. I look over at Kelly. "Will you come with me." I ask him and he nods. "I would be honoured." He says and we follow the doctor to the NICU. I walk into the room our babies are in and see all three of them really small and cute, each with their genders and baby number located on their incubators. I place my hands on the first boys' forehead and begin to stroke him with my thumb. I do the same to each of them sitting by their besides in awe of every single one of them when the doc walks back in saying, "You can go up and see Gabby now and we'll get a final exam on the three of them to see if they can be moved up to Gabby's room." And I nod. I follow her up to Gabby's room and I walk in, and Gabby's eyes are fluttering until they open. She looks over at me. I kiss her forehead and she asks, "What happened." "You passed out at the mall, you had preeclampsia and the doctors had to perform a c-section to save you and the babies." I say and she begins to cry. "Are they okay." Gabby asks and I nod. "I just went down to see them they're gorgeous and perfect." I say before kissing her cheek. "When can I see them?" Gabby asks. "The doctor's working on getting them up here but if not, we can get you down there to see them." I say and she smiles. "How's Ellie, Is she here?" Gabby asks and I nod. "Lilah picked her up and is in the waiting room with her along with Stella, Kelly and Lilah and the kids and by now the whole firehouse and intelligence unit." I say and she smiles. "Well can you get Kelly, Stella, Lilah, Sylvie and Ellie to come see me, and of course the other kids." Gabby says and I nod as I walk out to the waiting room to tell everyone the good news. Just as I do I see the babies being moved up to Gabby's room. I walk out and everyone looks at me. "Gabby and the babies are doing good." I announce before getting the smaller group Gabby requested to come with me. I carry Ellie who has been crying due to the news and is missing her mommy. "Hey were going to see Mommy now." I say as she buries her head in my chest. I stroke her hair and she look up at me and smiles. As we get to Gabby's room, I see her eyes light up and fill with tears simultaneously after seeing her mom. I lift her placing her carefully to the side of Gabby's bed. She hugs Gabby gently. The nurse lifting Baby A out of the incubator before passing him to Gabby. "What's his name Mommy?" Ellie asks and I nod at Gabby signalling that she can say it. "Noah Antonio Casey." Gabby says and Ellie smiles. "Hi Noah." She says kissing him on the forehead. The nurse passes me the second boy and Gabby signals me to tell the others. "And this is Jayden Kelly Casey." I say. "What's baby sisters name?" Ellie asks looking over at her sister who Lilah is holding. I nod at Gabby, and she says, "Ashley Delilah Casey." For the next half hour we rotate through the babies before inviting the rest of the firehouse in to meet them before everyone heads out to let Gabby to get some rest Lilah taking Ellie with her to take her off our hands. I smile over at Gabby as I watch her drift off into sleep. The day was a rollercoaster of emotions but it was an amazing day in the end. 

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter xx