Is That Who I think It Is

2 weeks Later

Delilah's POV

I was organising Truck when I see someone walking up the driveway to the firehouse. I look again and realise it's someone I know. It's Gabby Dawson. I stand there and stare in disbelief before waving at her, and she looks at me maybe even more shocked than I was to see her. "Is that Delilah Averton." She yells before running towards me. "Maybe." I say giving her a big hug. "It's been too long since I last saw you." Gabby says. "It has been." I say. "I've missed you so much, we should've stayed in touch." Gabby says and I nod. "We should of, and i've missed you too." I say pulling her into a big hug. "Is Stella or Brett here?" Gabby asks. "Brett is, but Stella's on maternity leave." I say. "Aww she had a baby." Gabby says. "Yeah, I know right." I say pulling out my phone. "Here's a photo." I say. "Aww he's so little, how old is he." Gabby asks. "2 and a half months and his name is Mason." I say. "I want to meet him now." Gabby says. "Stella's going to be so happy to see you." I say. "I can't wait to see her too, so what's been going on around here since I've been gone, I haven't talked to anyone since Stella got engaged to Kelly and obviously you came to 51 without my knowledge so a lot must have changed." Gabby says. "Well, I kind of got married" I say. "No." Gabby says in shock squeezing me tight. "To whom and when." Gabby asks. "I'll show you my bunker jacket, that may tell you who my man is." I say. "Oooh so it's not in house then." Gabby says. "No, it's not." I say picking up my bunker jacket and showing her it. "Omg you got married to Jay Halstead, damn you can pull guys but obviously I already knew that." Gabby says making me laugh. "Yeah, I can, and we got married in July." I say and she gives me a big hug. "How's Brin going, she must be so big now." Gabby asks. "She's 7 now and everyone tells me she's a copy and paste of me." I say with a laugh. "How about you, how was Puerto Rico?" I ask. "It was good, but I've missed Chicago so much." Gabby says. "So how long are you back for?" I ask. "I was thinking of working for the CFD again, and I'm moving back to Chicago." Gabby says. "What really, your moving back, are you hoping to work on Ambo or truck?" I ask. "I don't really know probably whichever I can get here at 51, it would be nice to work back on truck though, I just don't know how Matt would take it, me working under him and everything." Gabby says, I look at her, "You don't know do you." I say. "I don't know what." Gabby says. "Stella's truck lieutenant and I'm filling in for her at the moment but Casey, he's Chief." I say and I see her jaw drop. "Really are you being serious right now, how didn't I know about this." Gabby says. "Yeah, Boden got a promotion soon after Mouch got his Medal and Casey got promoted to Chief and Stella got her lieutenants placement on Truck." I say and Gabby looks even more shocked. "Is he here today?" Gabby asks. "Yeah, his office is Boden's old one, squad is out at the moment but everyone else should be here." I say. "Who's everyone because I doubt everyone's the same as when I was last here?" Gabby asks. "Well truck so Gallo, Mouch, and the floater Settineri, Ambo so Violet and Sylvie, Engine so Hermann and Ridder and a few more and Casey." I say and Gabby nods. "Let's go say Hi to them all then." Gabby says and I follow her into the common room.

Gabby's POV

It felt so weird walking back into this firehouse. It brought back so many memories from old times. It also made me sort of sad that so many things have happened since I've been gone. I walk into the common room and see a mix of familiar and unfamiliar faces. I don't see Sylvie or Matt sitting in there though.

Delilah's POV

As soon as we walk in the room erupts into cheers. I can see the shock on everyone's face when Gabby walks in. It's obvious they haven't seen her in quite a few years. "Gabby Dawson, back in Chicago, I never thought I'd see the day." Cruz says sarcastically. "I am back and this time permanently, not just a small trip, I'm moving back to Chicago." Gabby says with a laugh. "Are you coming back to the CFD." Hermann asks. "I am." Gabby says. "What is all the ruckus about." Casey says. Everyone moves back to reveal Gabby. "Hi Matt." Gabby says and Matt walks over to her and gives her a hug. I see them talking but can't hear much. A few moments later Sylvie and Violet walk into the common room. "Gabby!" Sylvie says running up and giving Gabby a hug. "I've missed you." Sylvie says. "I've missed you too girl." Gabby says. Have they filled you in on all the goss around here?" Sylvie says. "From the tiny bit Lilah's just told me I've got a lot of catching up to do around here, I didn't know anything she just told me." Gabby says making everyone laugh. "Well, I have two kids now." Cruz says. "Damn you guys are full of surprises." Gabby says. "You know about Severide and Kidd's Baby boy, right?" Sylvie asks. "Yeah, Lilah told me already." Gabby says. "What didn't you know but Lilah told you?" Hermann asks. "That Casey got promoted to Chief and Stella to lieutenant, Boden got promoted, Stella and Kelly had a baby and Lilah got married." Gabby says. "Not too much more than that has happened really although it seems like more has." Casey says. "Come to Molly's tomorrow night a lot of people will want to see you." Hermann says. "Yeah, sounds good, I will." Gabby says. She walks over to Matt. "I was wondering if we could talk, I was hoping to get a job here at 51 on anything Truck, Ambo whichever." I say. "Follow me." Matt says and they walk to his office.

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, what do you think Gabby's future at 51 is?