Chapter 6

It was about noon as Ron,Harry,Hermione and I sat at the very end of the Gryffindor table near the teachers. Harry was staring at Snape, it's clear Snape disliked Harry.

He didn't look at me like he watched Harry,even after I was very rude with him.

Hermione was doing her homework,it seemed impossible for me to concentrate.

"Eye of rabbit,harp string hum. Turn this water into rum." I watched as Seamus tried a spell on a cup. I don't think the spell existed but it was quite funny and it was keeping me busy.

Harry tapped me on the shoulder,drawing my attention to him..."What is Seamus trying to do with that glass of rum?"

Ron answered him instead,"Turn into rum,I actually managed a weak tea yesterday,before-"

Ron was quickly cut of by Seumus's cup exploding,leaving him with his hair in all angles and his face black.

"ah,mails here!" I heard Ron say. A black owl quickly swooped down landing infront of me. I had a letter,I haven't gotten mail since I left.

I took the letter out of its claws and read who it was from...my mother.

I looked over at Harry,he never got mail. It broke my heart. Even though I had people who supposedly cared about me,I knew they weren't thinking about me with Val's 10th birthday nearing but he had no one.

Ron got the newsletter, "Can I borrow this?" Harry asked him to which Ron nodded.

"Hey look, Neville's got a remembrall" I heard Dean say.

"I got one of those for christmas once,but I forgot where I placed it. When the smoke turns red,you have forgotten something." I said. I didn't mean to say it out loud. I guess I'm getting comfortable around my new friends.

"Only problem is ,I don't know what I've forgotten," Neville said as the smoke turned red to which I laughed to. Neville and I were very alike.

"Hey Ron, somebody broke into Gringotts ,listen," Hermione and I scooted closer.

"'Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins,while acknowledging the breach,insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question,number 713,had in fact been emptied earlier that same day', That's odd, That's the vault Hagrid and I went to." Harry read from the paper.

Hermione and I looked at each other,even though we had no idea what that meant,we knew it meant something and she would later ask my opinion like she always does.

I looked down at my hands,I was still holding the letter. I should probably read it,even though I know my mother would only say things that would hurt me. She would be mad that I wasn't in Slytherin, I knew this.

"Listen, I'll see you guys later, okay? I've got to go do something" I rushed to put my books in my bag and threw it over my shoulder.

I walked out of the great hall,not knowing where I was really going. Before I knew it,I was on top of the astronomy tower.

I put my bag down and instinctively walked near the edge,sitting with my legs of the edge rocking them back and forth.

I breathed in and out,opening the letter.

"Dear Ellette Evangeline,
I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. You know we have a legacy to uphold in slytherin and it was your responsibility to-" Incendio. I stood back as I watched her stupid letter burn.

I don't know how long I stood there but it felt right.

Even though I was far away from home,away from my mother,I still felt like she had control over me and every decision I made.

I rushed back to my bag,running as fast as I can to not be late for my first flying lesson.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Gryffindor and Slytherin students were all lined up in two lines facing each other. Harry had saved me a spot next to him. Everyone had brooms on the grass,next to them.

"Where did you run off too?" Harry asked me with cautious eyes.

"Needed air..." I smile up at him.

Madam Hooch walks in a straight line between the two rows of students.

"Good afternoon class,"
"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch" everyone said in unison.

"Good afternoon,Amanda,good afternoon." She greets the class again. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!"

"Up!" The class said together.
When Harry says up the broom immediately flies into his hand. I look over at him to catch him smiling down at the broom in his hand.