Chapter 12

Harry is knocked and thrown around, then falls, dangling by one arm from the broom.

" Come on, Hermione!" Ron is concerned.

A spark ignites and Snape's cloak catches fire. Was that Hermione? I didn't think she would do that!

I see Snape knock a man back, who falls into Quirrell, who then also falls. Snape bats out the fire and acts as though nothing happened. The broom stop bucking, and Harry climbs

Harry, Hermione , Ron and I are walking along a path with Hagrid, talking.

"Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?"

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?"
Hagrid turns to us. I didn't think Harry who tell Hagrid,or anyone for that matter.

" Who told you 'bout Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?"
"That thing has a name?" I ask Hagrid. "Was Fluffy yours?"

"Well, of course he's got a name and he is mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the.."
" Yes?" If Harry hadn't said that,
maybe Hagrid would've told us.

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is."

"But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." I turn to Hagrid,making everyone stop and listen to me.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

Hermione continues ,"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them."

"You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." I finish Hermione's sentence.

" Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

Harry turns to Ron then back to Hagrid "Nicholas Flamel?"

Hagrid starts to mumble to himself,walking off," I shouldn't said that. I should not have said that. I should have not said that"

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry turns to me. "Who's Nicholas Flamel?"

"I don't know." I shake my head then turning to Hermione.

°°°°°°°

Soon snow started falling, Christmas was here. We never really celebrated christmas at home. We just gave overly expensive gifts that didn't really mean anything to me.

Hermione and I walk to the Great Hall entrance with her luggage and wearing a scarf. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt that fit tightly around my body with a striped skirt that was rather short, which is why I paired it with black tights and boots.

I hear the ghost singing Christmas songs ,"Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Ring the Hogwarts bell. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas..."

Hermione looks from the massive Christmas tree and I notice Flitwick using his wand to put another ornament on the tree. We walk to Harry and Ron who were playing chess.

"Knight to E5." Harry commanded the Knight that moves to its destination.

We walk up till behind Harry. I rest my hands on Harrys shoulder,looking down at their game. I loved playing wizard's chess,even though I never had someone to play with since Val didn't enjoy it.

" Queen to E5." Ron makes a smug face. I know what he just did. He is obviously better then Harry.

Hermione and I watched as Ron's queen goes over to Harry's knight and whacks the knight with her chair. Ron grins at Harry then at me,who was still standing with my hand on his shoulders. I instinctively lift my hands and put them to my side. I look over at Hermione seeing if she noticed. She didn't.

Hermione has a shocked face
" That's totally barbaric!"

"That's wizard's chess. " I say as I looks over to Hermione

"I see you've packed." Ron tells her.

"See you haven't." Hermione fights back.

" Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

" Good, you can help Harry and Ella, then. Their going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel."

"We've looked a hundred times."

I lean over on the table closer to Ron and Harry

" Not in the restricted section." I see their eyes going wide.

" Happy Christmas." Hermione turns to me and gives me a hug. She leaves us at the table.

Ron looks at me," I think we've had a bad influence on you two."
I let out a giggle,they have definitely had some sort of influence on me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I wake up on Christmas morning. Ron is waking Harry up loudly,which is why I woke up. Even though we are the only Gryffindors that stayed,peace and quiet would be nice.

" Harry wake up! Come on Harry, wake up!"

" Happy Christmas, Harry." I hear Ron say,to which Harry replies ,"Happy Christmas, Ron."

I walk down the stair almost walking into Harry.

" What are you wearing?" I look down at Ron's sweater. It was rather ugly,but suited his red hair and freckles.

Ron looks down at his sweater ," Oh. My mum made it." Ron Looks back up at Harry ," It looks like you've got one too."

"I-I've got presents?" Harry has never gotten presents before?

Ron nods at him.

Harry runs down the staircase to see his presents. I follow slowly behind.

Harry sees a note on the present and opens it, reading it out loud. I sit down on the couch,still in my black,silk pajamas.

" Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well." Harry read the note on the package.

Harry looks over to Ron then to me, I shrug my shoulders.

Harry then proceeds to open the remaining of his present. He pulls out a blanket-like object.

"Is that a?" I know immediately what it was,these things are very rare.