Chapter 17

"Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll come back."

"But, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?" Ron gulped.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill Harry tonight." I looked over at Harry.

Ron gulped,"And to think I've been worrying about my Potions final."

"Hang on a minute." [Harry and Ron both glance at her. "We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared? Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore's around, Harry, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched."she gives him a reassuring smile; he nods at her.

Later everyone are rushing out as we finish our exams.

"I'd always heard Hogwart's end-of-year exams were frightful, but I've found they're rather enjoyable."

"Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" Ron looked at Harry,who was holding his forehead.

" My scar. It keeps burning."

"It's happened before..." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Not like this."

"Perhaps you should see the nurse."
I look over at Ron,"I don't think the nurse could help, Ron"

" I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming."

"Ah... Oh!" Harry says in pain.
" Of course!"
Harry starts walking faster making Hermione , Ron and I speed up to catch him.

"What is it?"

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?"

We approach Hagrid's hut and he is playing a flute.

Harry rushes towards Hagrid making him stop playing the flute," Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?"

"I dunno. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." He looks over at me and handed me the flute. "There you are," He says to me. "Thank you," I mouthed at him as Harry spoke to him.

"This stranger though, you and he must have talked."

" Well, he- he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem."

I realized what Harry was on about, "Did he seem interested in Fluffy?"

"Well, o' course he was interested in Fluffy,Ella! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told 'im, I said, I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm 'im. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit o' music, and he falls straight to sleep.' I shouldn't have told you that."

We all turn around and run off.
" Where are you going? Where are you-?" Hagrid yelled after us.

Me,Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into the Transfiguration classroom to talk to Professor McGonagall.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!", Harry yells out of breath.

"I’m afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London."

"He’s gone! Now! But, this is important!" Harry was now starting to panic.

"This is about the Philosophers Stone!" I yell,nearing her desk.

Professor McGonagall looked shocked at my action.
" How do you know-?"

"Someone’s going to try to steal it!"

" I don’t know how you four found out about the Stone, but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories, quickly"

I say in defeat. We leave the classroom talking to each other.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape. Which means, he knows how to get past Fluffy."

" And with Dumbledore gone-" I was interrupted by a familiar,rude voice.

"Good afternoon. Now, what would three young Gryffindors, such as yourselves, be doing inside on a day like this?" Snapes voice makes all four of us jump and I quickly turn around.

Hermione stuttered,"Ah, w- w- w... we- we were just-"

" You ought to be careful. People will think you’re... up to something."  He turns around and walks away.

" Now, what do we do?" Hermione turns to Harry.

Harry looks at Hermione," We go down the trap door, tonight." He looks determined.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The sun has set and we were ready to leave the Gryffindor Common Room.
We walked down the stairs and begin to walk across the floor. I stop the moment I hear croaking.

" Trevor." I sighed.

Ron looked relieved it was only the toad,"Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!"

Neville appears behind the chair. I thought we were alone.

" Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren’t you?"

"Now, Neville, listen. We were -" Harry starts.

" No! I won't let you!" Neville is now standing. I knew the other Gryffindors were mad because we were the reason our house points were so low.

" You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." Neville holds out his fists. He looked kind of strange and funny with his fist in the air. I never thought I'd see this bravery in him.