Chapter 68

"this is mad" Ron complains as he looks around the great hall. Ron,Harry and Hermione were doing homework across from me,"at this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates"

Snape pushes Ron's head towards the table, signalling to stop talking and do his homework. He doesn't obviously.

"Well us and Neville" Ron laughs and Harry joins in,"yeah,but,then again he can take himself." I hear every word they say.

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone." I inform them from across the table.

Ron rubs his neck and sighs,"now I'm really depressed" Fred throws a parchment towards Ron and Ron reads it but I can't hear,"who are you going with?" Ron asks him.

Fred throws another piece of parchment but this time and Angelina down a few seats. He seems to be asking her to the ball as he moves his body like he's dancing with someone. She agrees.

He winks at Ron and Ron seems to have a light bulb moment,"oi, Hermione. You're a girl" Harry taps him on the shoulder to stop as Hermione replies," very well spotted"

"Come with one of us?" Ron moves his body like Fred moments before, only for Snape to hit them with the book he was reading.

They all look down at the table and I see Ron look at me with pleading eyes, "I'm going to ask someone else actually" He looks at Harry as I inform them. If Harry asked me,I would go with him but I don't think I'll think the same about being his date as he would.

Snape hits them again.

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For two girls it's just sad" he says matter-of-factly. "I won't be going alone because believe it or not, someone's asked me." She takes her book and walks towards Snape. She walks back and picks up her stuff but not before telling Ron of once again,"and I said yes!"

They look towards me astonished. "Even if pretty boy says no,I would find someone else,Ronald" I scowl at him as I stand up to copy Hermione's actions.

I meet with Hermione outside,"So Krum asked you?" She nods as a smile appears on her face. "You're going to ask Cedric?" I nod as a smile appear on my face. We giggle as we run up to the common room.

Harry's POV

I walked up the icy stairs of the owly when I bump into Cho. She gasps as we awkwardly go from left to right,not deciding how to get past each other.

Finally she takes my shoulder and makes us switch places. "Watch yourself on the stairs. It's a bit ice at the top" she advises.

I thank her as she starts to walk down the steps.

I call after her as I build up the courage..."uhm...well I just wondered if you...I just wondered if maybe you wanted to go to the ball with me?" The owls sqweaks behind me.

"Sorry I didn't catch that"

I take in a deep breath,"I just wondered if maybe you wanted to go to the ball with me?" I slowly repeat my words.

"Oh, Harry. I would love too!"