Chapter 9

Flitwick is very short, and is standing on a bunch of books to make up for his stature and to see his class.

He starts ,"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" Hermione raises her feather.

" Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone."

"The swish and flick." The whole class said together like he asked.

" Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then."

Everybody started to enunciate, practising the 'swish and flick'

I looked over at Draco who sat directly across from me. He seemed to be struggling.

"Wingardrium Leviosar!"
Ron waves his wand really fast numerous times making Hermione stop him. I already start laughing.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar."

" You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on." he challenges her. He should know by now that he would lose the war he starts.

Hermione straightens up next to me and swishes her wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa." The feather starts lifting into the air ,making ron shut his mouth,cross his arms and rest his head on them.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" he boosted her confidence even more.

Seamus starts flicking his wand violently.

"Wingard Levosa." Seamus repeats,maybe 4 times.

An explosion flashes. Making Flitwick gasps, as Ron
, Hermione and I turn to the source of the explosion
No surprise, Seamus is charred again with his feather, now smoldering to ashes.

" I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor."

°°°°°°°°°°°°
Hermione and I packed up. We were a little slower than Harry,Ron,Neville along with a few other.

We walk behind Ron and Harry.

"It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar." Ron started mimicking Hermione. How disgusting. " She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!"

Hermione rushes past Ron,bumping into his shoulder. She was crying but I could tell she didn't want them to know.

"I think she heard you." No kidding,harry.

I picked up my pace just enough to jump in front of Ron.

"By the way,she does have friends. Thank Merlin, you're not one of them."

He just stared at me. Speechless.

I ran after Hermione as fast as I could. Just as I turned the corner I saw her enter the girls bathroom.

"Hermione?,"

"Go away!"

"Hermione...you know it's not true."

" You probably don't like me either. You're probably not even my friend." She was really crying now.

"I promise Hermione. I'm your friend. Hermione... you're literally my best friend. Without you,this place would be a nightmare, honestly."

°°°°°°°°
~Harry's POV~

It's Halloween night, the great hall has floating Jack O'Lanterns in place of the candles. I notice two empty seats beside me.

"Where's Hermione and Ella?" Neville was the first to look up at me.

"Parvati Patil said that Hermione wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying. Ella was trying to comfort her."

I glance at Ron. Ron shrugs at me.

Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes running into the Great Hall in panic.

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" I look over at Dumbledore, who immediately rises in his seat.

"I Thought you ought to know."
Professor Quirrell passes out. The room is silent, and then everyone freaks out, screaming and running.

" SILLLLLEEENNNNCEEEEE!"
Everyone stops and calms down,looking at Dumbledore.
"Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons."

"Hufflepuff, this way!"
"Stay together!"
Percy starts leading us to the house down a corridor.

"Gryffindors, keep up please. And stay alert!", he shouts.

"How could a troll get in?"

"Not by itself. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes." Ron tells me. Who would think that's funny. I stop and tug Ron on his arm. " What?"
" Hermione and Ella! They don't know!"
The two of us separate themselves from the crowd. We run down corridors. We run down the halls. There is a massive shadow being cast in the hall,so we hid behind a wall. It walked straight into the girls bathroom.

"I think the troll's left the dungeon!" I pull Ron into the doorway.

" It's in the Girl's Bathroom!"

~Ella's POV~

Hermione finally emerges from the stall, wiping her eyes. She stops and stares at something behind me. I turn around slowly. A troll. How did a troll enter Hogwarts. Hermione backs up pulling me by my hand to follow her into the stall ,just as the troll raises its club and smashes the top part of the stalls. Hermione and I start screaming as all the wood crashed to the ground.

" move!" I heard Harry yell,just before the remainder of the stalls clashed to the ground.

" Help! Help!" Hermione screams from under rubble next to me.
The boys start throwing rubble at it,Im not sure if its effective.

"Hey, pea brain!" Ron yells ,throwing wood and it hits the troll on the head.

Hermione escapes from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees her and goes to smash her. It cracks the sink and barely missing Hermione.

I see Harry get out his wand. He runs forward and grabs the troll's club, and is lifted up.

"Whooa! Whoa, whoa!" He lands on the troll's head, and is hurled forward, then back, and his wand shoots up the troll's nose.
"Ew." Ron and I say at the same time.

The troll snorts, and whips around.

"Whoa, whoa whoa!"
Harry is off of the trolls head in seconds and is held by one leg, upside down.

"Do something!" Harry yells for Ron.

It gears up its club and swipes at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down. The troll swipes again.

"What?" the troll swipes at Harry repeatedly
" Anything! Hurry up!"
Ron grabs his wand. Under the sink and I wave my hand as if holding a wand.

"Swish and flick!" Hermione and I say at the exact same time.