Chapter 42

"These Weasels," Ron complained about Fred and George giving Harry the map and not even telling him,"Never told me about any Marauders map"

We walked through the town,snow falling lightly.

"Harry isn't going to keep it.
He is going to turn over to Professor McGonagall
Aren't you..." Hermione says,which sounded more like a command.

"Ah sure...
Along with his invisibility cloak" I replied. Harry shouldn't give the map to anyone. It could help in some ways.

"Oh, Look who it is, Madame Rosmerta. Ron fancies her"
Hermione says to which Ron immediately says no. She's a tall-ish woman. She seems annoying actually.

Professor McGonagall, Hagrid and the minister walk towards Madam Rosmerta's shop "- business is good." I hear the minister talk to her,"It would a lot be better, if the Ministery wasn't sending Dementores into my pub every other night" she shakes a hammer as she walks towards the minister.

"We have...
We have a killer on the loose!" We all stand still...I was frozen. Just the mention of Sirius Black makes my anxiety sky-rocket.

"Sirius Black in Hogsmeade,..
And what would bring him here?" The minister leans in and whisper to her,and I faintly hear Harry's name.

Harry runs towards the door to the shop,making all three of us run after him.

"No underaged wizards allow in today. Shut the dammed door" mummy heads hanging at the door told us.

"So rude"
"Thickheads"

"Thickhea.... How dare they.."

Ron, Hermione and I stand against the shop waiting for Harry,I have no idea what is happening inside this building but I know there is no way that it's good.

"Look" Hermione taps me as she points towards the snow getting trampled and a few footprints appearing.

I see the group choir getting pushed and everyone falling like dominos.

We rush towards the small hill where we tortured Draco and that is where the footprints stopped.

I kneel infront of the small boulder where I can hear muffled sobs. I reach my hand up and slowly grab the thick material between my fingers and gently remove it. Showing a sad,sobbing Harry.

"Harry, what happened?" I put my hand on his shoulder making him look at me.

"He was their friend...
... and he betrayed them" he tells me as he makes eye contact,his eyes are bloodshot and I can see the emptiness growing inside of him behind the green windows.

"HE WAS THEIR FRIEND!!!" He screams making me jump back a little but I quickly recover.

"I hope he finds me...
And when he does I'm gonna be ready...
When he does, I'm gonna kill him..." I put both my hands on either side of his neck,resting them on his shoulders. I slowly lean in and rest my head on his shoulder pulling him in a tight hug,he instinctively wrapped his arms around my body and I could still hear his quiet sobs in my ear.

°°°°°°°°°
"Beautiful day"
"Gorgeous" Ron replied sarcastically as I walked in the middle of him and Harry and Hermione infront of us.

We walked towards Hagrid's hut,"Unless of course, you have been ripped to pieces" Ron continues.

"Ripped to pieces?" I turn to look at him,raising my eyebrows,"What are you talking about?"

"Ronald has lost his rat" Hermione sighs.

"I haven't lost anything!
Your cat killed it"

"Rubbish!" Hermione spits at him,she doesn't even turn around to look at him once.

"Harry, you have seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of her is always lurking about. Scabbers is gone" I can swear it sounds like Ron was going to cry,I couldn't help the little giggle escaping my mouth and I could see him scowl at me. If looks could kill,I would surely be dead.

"Maybe you should learn to take
better care of your pets" Hermione continues. We walk across the quad towards the covered bridge.

"You're cat killed him!"

"Did not"

"Did"

°°°°°°°
"How did it go Hagrid?
The hearing?" Hermione probed Hagrid about Buckbeak's fate.

"Well... first of...
The commitee members took turns talking about...
Why we were there
And then I got up, did my piece
I said that Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff
Always cleaning his feathers
And then...
Lucius Malfoy got up and
you can imagine what he said
Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature
who would kill you as soon as he look at you" Hagrid stood in the lake throwing rocks into it,making the water splash.

"And then?" I basically begged. I love Buckbeak. If something were to hapen it would break heart.

"And then he asked for the worst thing,you know Lucius"

"They are not sacking you?" Ron ask.

"No, I am not sacked
Buckbeack has been sentenced to death!"

°°°°°°°°°°
I sit down on the couch. It's already past midnight and the common room is dead silent. "Herbivicus" I said as I leaned forward,looking at the closed book on the table. A small flower sprouts out of the binding. "You can do magic without your wand?"
I hear Harry's voice behind me,making me jump up,looking directly at him. "Why are you still up?" I ask him. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I reciprocates. "Anyway...where are you going?" I look down to see his wand in his hand and the Marauders Map in his other,as I glance down at it I see my name 'Ella Velonté' right under 'Gryffindor common room' with a pair of footprints.

Harry makes eye contact with me and quickly closes the map. He walks out of the common room and I quickly follow,"where are we going?", I try to say softly but clearly talking in my hushed voice is something I haven't mastered yet.

"Lumos" Harry says,making his wand light up a small part of the corridor. "What are you looking for?" I actually whispered this time.

"Peter Pettigrew,I was told he's dead but I saw his name on here" he lifts the map up for me too see. I point towards it. The name. "Peter Pettigrew" I read. The little footprints are right in front of us. Both of us look up,expecting to see someone but nothing. Just as quickly as the footprints appear,it disappear. "Mischief managed,Knox", I hear Harry. His arm wrap around my waist as he pulls me towards the wall.

"Potter what are you doing here
Wandering the corridors of the night..." Snape snaps in his face. Snape points his wand towards me. "Going on a midnight stroll,I see"

"Privacy" Harry barks back at him.

"Extra Ordinarily like your father you are. He too was exceedingly arrogant. Strutting about the castle"

"My dad didn't Strut And nor do I
Now If you don't mind
I appreciate it if could you lower your wand" he does. Surprisingly.

"Turn out your pockets.
TURN OUT YOUR POCKETS", he repeats after Harry silently refuses.

Harry shows the map.

"Whats this?" Snape asks.

"Its a spare piece of parchment" I quickly answer.