Chapter 33

I pull the fang out. Riddle attempts to attack me, but then I stab the other page, crippling Riddle, and causing him to crumble further.

I close the diary and stab the cover with the Basilisk fang.

Riddle screams in agony and disintegrates into yellow particles. Infront of me Ginny awakens, hyperventilating, and sits up.

" Ginny."

Ginny turns to face me," Harry, it was me. But, I swear, I didn't mean to... Riddle made me. And... Harry... you're hurt." She looks down at my arm.

I cover my wound "Don't worry. Ginny, you need to get yourself out. Follow the Chamber, and you'll find Ron.""Harry?" I hear Ella's voice. I turn to look behind me as her eyes flutter open. She has no colour in her face and her lips are a dark shade of blue. Her eyes are bloodshot and it looked like blood trickled down on the side of her face.

I scramble closer to her,cupping her cheek. "You okay?" "Are you?" I don't know what to reply to her. I'm dieing.

She tries to lift herself up but struggle making me move my hand to her back,helping her sit up right.

"You're hurt, Harry" she looks down at the wound,moving her hand to it,exposing it.

Ella's POV

Harry and Ginny both look down the corridor. Fawkes swoops around the Basilisk's body, and lands in between us, then steps over to Harry.

"You were brilliant, Fawkes. I just wasn't quick enough." Harry whimpers, Harry was in pain and I didn't know what to do.

Fawkes emits a soft grunt, then lowers his head to Harry's wound, and cries on it.

The wound miraculously disappears, Ginny stares in amazement.

"Of course!" Harry lifts his healed arm.

"Phoenix tears have healing powers." I barely whisper into Harry's ear as I move closer to him for heat. I am freezing and still feel like I'm dieing.

Fawkes grunts affirmatively as Harry glances at him.

"Thanks." Harry looks at Ginny and then moves his head away from my face to look me into my eyes.

" It's all right. It's over. It's just a memory."
Harry stands up trying to lift me. I walk with Harry and Ginny who were helping me.

We came upon Ron and... Lockhart. "Ginny! Ella!" Ron screamed as he ran over to hug us. "Who might you be?" The moment Lockhart said this,I felt my eyes close and my body giving into the weight of my mind and heart.

Harry's POV

Ron and I stand before Professor Dumbledore in his office, with Fawkes on his perch, and the sword and Sorting Hat resting on the desk.

" You both realize, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken, perhaps, a dozen school rules."

"Yes, sir." We were definitely being expelled this time.

" And there is sufficient evidence to have you both expelled."

"Yes, sir." I knew it.

" Therefore, it is only fitting..."

I knew it.

" that you both receive special awards for services to the school."

Ron and I look at each other with smiles, then back at Dumbledore again.

" Thanks, sir." Ron was just as shocked as I am.

Professor Dumbledore smile at us, then stands up while handing some papers to Ron.

"And now, Mr. Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. I believe we... we want our gamekeeper back."

Dumbledore turns to me as Ron leaves the room.

" Harry... first, I want to thank you, Harry. You must've shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could've called Fawkes to you. And, second... I sense something is troubling you. Am I right, Harry?"

"You see, sir. I couldn't help but notice certain things... certain... certain similarities between... Tom Riddle and me." I trembled. I've beem keeping this away from him.

" I see. Well, you can speak Parseltongue, Harry. Why? Because, Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. If I'm not mistaken, Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar."

I was amazed,"Voldemort transferred some of his powers... to me?"

"Uh-huh. Not intentionally. But yes."

As Dumbledore returns to his seat behind the desk I speak,"So, the Sorting Hat was right; I should be in Slytherin."

"It's true, Harry. You possess many of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes: Determination, resourcefulness, and if I may so, a certain disregard for the rules. Why then, did the Sorting Hat place you in Gryffindor?"

I glance at the Sorting Hat "Because I asked it to."

"Exactly, Harry, exactly. Which makes you different from Voldemort. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are, it is our choices. If you want proof why you belong in Gryffindor, then I suggest you look more closely" he picks up the sword," at this."

I take the sword by the blade with my left hand, and its hilt with my right.

I examine the sword and see the name "Godric Gryffindor" on the Basilisk venom-coated blade.
" Godric Gryffindor."

" Ah. It would take a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat. "

I look at Dumbledore.

The door to the office opens, Dumbledore glances past me, and I turn around. Lucius Malfoy steps in to the office, standing behind him is Dobby.

" Dobby! So this is your master. The family you serve is the Malfoys. "

Dobby nervously looks at me.

" Mm-hmm." He then fearfully glances up at Lucius.

Lucius speaks through his clenched teeth. " I'll deal with you later."

Dobby cowers and whimpers as Lucius pulls out his walking stick and walks toward Dumbledore's desk, followed by Dobby.

As he walks up the steps, he coldly uses the stick to push me aside.

"Out of my way, Potter. So... it's true. You have returned."

"When the governors learned that Arthur Weasley's daughter was taken into the Chamber, they saw fit to summon me back."

Lucius is getting angrily.
" Ridiculous!"

Mr. Malfoy says that he only cares for the school and it's students,which I don't believe.

After Malfoy leaves Dumbledore's office, I ask Dumbledore if I could have Tom Riddle's diary,to which he agrees.

"Mr. Malfoy! Mr. Malfoy!" I run after him.
He turns around to look at me.

"I think this belongs to you," I push the diary into his hands.

"Mine?"

"See, I think you put it into Ginny Weasley's cauldron the other day at diagon alley"

He looks at me with shock as he closes in on me,"why. Don't. You. Prove. It"

He shoves the book into Dobby's hand and I mouth to him to open it.

"Master has given Dobby a sock. Dobby is free" Dobby holds the sock close to his heart and smiles.

"What? I didn't-" he turns around in disbelief.

"You lost me my servant! Avada-" he starts as he lifts his wand. Dobby jumps infront of me and lifts his hand just in time,"you shall not harm Harry Potter." And Lucius falls backwards get up and walks out, angrily.

After making Dobby promise me to never save my life again,I leave for the great hall.