Chapter 16

" sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" They took Norbert away from Hagrid,thanks to Draco.

"Is Norbert gone?" I asked him,he was still sniffing.
" Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

Hermione spoke,"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania?", Hagrid really loves his animals.

I glance to see Filch, rolling his eyes.

" What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

"Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you."

Draco gulped,"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are...werewolves!"

" There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. Nighty-night." Draco looked frightened as filch's said this,afterall that's what he wanted.

He leaves to go back into the castle.

"Right. Let's go."

In the Forbidden Forest, we walk along a path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

" Hagrid, what's that?"

"It's unicorn blood, Harry" I answered before Hagrid could.

"I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something."

Harry looks towards the trees. He looks at Hagrid ,then at me.

" So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me."

"Okay."

"And Harry,Ella, you'll go with Malfoy." Draco grimaces, and Harry nods. These boys are going to make me insane.

" Okay. Then I get Fang!" What a wimp.

" Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Fang whines.

Harry ,Draco and I are walking through a part of the forest, with Fang leading. Draco has the lamp in his hand.

"You wait till my father and your mother hears about this. This is servant's stuff." Draco looks towards me.

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared."

"Scared, Potter?!"

He scoffs, but suddenly hears a howl.

"Did you hear that? Come on, Fang. Scared."

Harry and I approach a flat ground with gnarled roots all over with Draco following. Fang stops, then growls at something.

" What is it, Fang?" I bend down on fangs level.

Up ahead is a cloaked figure who is crouching over a dead unicorn, drinking its blood from its wound. The figure raises its head, silver blood dripping from its mouth. Harry gasps and I look over at him,he was grabbing his scar.

Draco screams with pure fear and runs away with Fang.

I hear Draco screaming for help as he ran away.

Harry and I are left by our selves at the mercy of the figure who slides over the unicorn and rises erect. It advances towards us, Harry backs up. I stood still,frozen with fear. Harry pulls me by my hand making me step back slowly towards him. Harry falls and pulls me down with him.
He crawls backwards pulling me at his side.

Suddenly, there is the sound of hoof-beats.

A figure leaps over us and lands near the cloaked figure. It is a silver horse like creature. It rears, and the cloaked figure retreats, flying away.

"Harry Potter,Ellette Velonté, you both must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you."

"But what was that thing you saved us from?"

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life."

"But who would choose such a life?" I spoke softly.

"Can you think of no one?"

" Do you mean to say...that that thing that killed the unicorn...that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort?" I shudder as Harry said HIS name.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?"

" The Philosopher's Stone."

Fang suddenly barks from behind us and we look up to see Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Draco appear. Hagrid has his crossbow ready, but lowers it when he sees the creature.

"Harry,Ella!" Hermione yelled relieved.

" Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr. Potter and Miss Velonté. You all right there, Harry? Ella?" Hagrid spoke to it and then to Harry and I. Harry nods.

"Harry Potter, Ella Velonté,this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck."

He leaves as I walk closer to the dead unicorn.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hermione, Harry, Ron and I are sitting in the common room. I was sitting closest to the fire,even though it was spring,I was still every cold.

"You mean You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?"

"But he's weak." Harry answer Hermione.

" He's living off the unicorns." I chimed in.