Chapter 25

Eventually Ron stopped puking slugs. He really should get his wand replaced. Hermione and I sat in the great hall when Ron walked in just in time for dinner,he still had detention because of the car. Harry was supposed to be back already but maybe he got busy with something different before he would come down to dinner.

We were already done with dinner even though everyone else was still eating. I was getting worried about Harry.

"I think I'm going to go look for Harry," I stood up and looked down at Hermione. "All right, we'll see you in the common room,Ella"

I was walking into the corridor nearing the defence against the dark arts class when I felt something. I don't know what it was but it felt powerful. Like a presence. Like I wasn't alone.

I put my hand against the wall. It moved. I grazed my finger along the path I felt it took. Something bad is about to happen.

I walk down the corridor,keeping my finger on the wall. I feel every vibration through the wall as I feel coldness spreading through my body.

I come to a stop in front of a wall.

"Who's that?" I heard Hermione's voice but I couldn't move. My eyes were fixed to the wall.

I look down at my wrist. I turned my head up to look at Harry,"Ella,are you okay?

I nod.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir, beware." It's written in blood." Hermione whimpered.

" Oh, no." I follow Harry's gaze and I gasp as I see what he is seeing; he walks toward a torch on the wall, tied to the torch is Mrs. Norris, frozen and seemingly scared by something
" It's Filch's cat. It's Mrs. Norris."

Behind us, Percy walks into the corridor, leading the other Gryffindor house students.

Soon , the corridor fills with students, who gaze at the bloody writing and Mrs. Norris, Madame Pomfrey expresses horror and shock.

I hear Draco's voice,"Enemies of the Heir, beware." He glances at the Gryffindor house students.

" You'll be next, Mudbloods."
Ron scowls and glares at him.

Filch appears. "What's going on here?" pushing his way through the crowd. "Go on, make way, make way." He starts glaring at me and Harry. " Velonté...Potter... what are you...?" gazes past us at the frozen form of his cat and trembles. " Mrs. Norris?" He glares at only Harry now. "You murdered my cat."

"No. No." Harry trembled.

Filch speaks as Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle grin at me. " I'll kill you." He smiles wickedly at Harry then grabs him by the shirt.

" I'll kill you!"

Dumbledore's voice make him let go of Harry. "Argus?" the students step aside as Professors Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape arrive on the scene
"Argus, I... " he glances at the writing on the wall.

"Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." the students turn to leave; Harry, Ron, Hermione turns to follow but I still stand frozen,staring at the wall.

" Everyone except" Harry, Ron, and Hermione stop. "You four."

We all turn to face him.

" Ravenclaws, follow me." A prefect can be heard.

"She's not dead, Argus." Dumbledore says to a
trembling Filch , presumably from relief and confusion. "She has been petrified."

" Ah. Thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her." When did Gilderoy get here?

Dumbledore smiles and nods. " But how she has been petrified I cannot say."

Filch gestures towards Harry and me.

" Ask them. It's them that done it. You saw what she wrote on the wall."

"It's not true, sir. I swear. I never touched Mrs. Norris."

Filch spats at Harry, "Rubbish."

"If I might, headmaster. Perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the circumstances are suspicious. I for one don't recall seeing Potter at dinner and Velonté didn't stay long." Snape shocks me.
Why is he standing up for us?

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus. You see, Harry was helping me answer my fanmail." Gilderoy helps our situation.

"That's why Ron and I went looking for him, Professor. We just found him when he said..." Hermione looks at Harry. What was she talking about?

" Yes, Ms. Granger?"

"When I said I wasn't hungry."
Snape turns towards him.

" We were looking for Ella when we found Mrs. Norris." Snape turns towards me then Professor Dumbledore.

" Innocent until proven guilty, Severus."

Filch reacts as Snape smiles slightly.

" My cat has been petrified. I want to see some punishment!"

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madame Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrakes. When matured, a potion will be made, which will revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution... to all."

Harry, Ron, and Hermione nod them turn to me. Hermione grabs my wrist and pulls me to stay up with their running.

Moments later, we are walking along the Grand Staircase, as the numerous staircases change. It reminded me of fluffy and the ugly scar on my wrist that hadn't disappeared yet.

Hermione starts talking as we ascend the stairs. "It's a bit strange isn't it?"
"Strange"? I reply.

Hermione turns to face me.

"Harry hears this voice, a voice only he can hear, and then Mrs. Norris turns up petrified. It's just... strange."

"You think I should've told them, Dumbledore and the others, I mean..." Harry turns to me.

Ron chimes in," Are you mad?"

"No, Harry. Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign." Hermione turns and walks along. Should I tell them what I felt? No rather not.

A man in a painting comments .

"She's right, you know."
Harry and Ron glance at him, then walk along,with me following.