Chapter 171

I stop running when I reach Hermione. She's standing in between the rubble on the lower stairs. She looks absolutely fearless and in this moment i crave tp be like her. I look at what she's looking  at and Voldemort's snake was right on my heels. She throws it with a rock. The snake becomes madder and it slithers down the stairs toward us. I grab Hermone's hand as she stands frozen. I run. I run down the stairs until I run into Ron. I push Hermione into his arms and instruct him to run. He turns around with her in his arms and they start running. I run after them and as they fall to the rubble outside the great hall,I, turn to stand my guard against Voldemorts companion. The snake moves closer and even the spell casted behind me does no harm to the snake. 

I lift my hands to cover my face as I begin to stumble backwards. I close my eyes.

One...

Two....

Three....

Nothing happens. I open my eyes to see Neville reaching his hand out to help me up. His face covered in blood and his right hand holding...The Sword Of Gryffindor.

"Nevillle! You did it! You saved us!" I jump up and hug him tightly. I knew he had it in him. I always knew he had the courage inside of him.

I hear a loud roar nearby and I immediately follow. I stop as I see Harry and Voldemort's powers clash. I stand still watching. This is his own war and I have to stay out of it,this time. Harry's red light closes in on Voldemorts green. Voldemort has no chance. 

Voldemort yells as his body turn to ashes. Like parchment being ripped apart and burned. Before I could really take in what I'm seeing,he's gone. Like He never existed at all.

******************

I walk through the great hall. People are smiling and laughing. Luna is sitting next to Neville and I see the bright pink forming on his face. He's in love and it's adorable. I walk hand in hand with Harry as He smiles at Ginny and Molly. Cho flashes a smile but she quickly stops when she makes eye contact with me. Even if it was almost the end of our world as we knew it...I might still be a little jealous. Harry squeezes my hand though and I instantly feel relieved. I laugh a little at Professor Slughorn searching for something in his jacket and as my eyes take in the space in front of me,I see Hagrid. I let go of Harry's hand and run towards him.

"Hagrid"I whisper as I hug him. "You're okay? "He nods his head and tells me how strong I was for what I did in the forest. Harry comes up and hugs him too. I hear a few gasps and I turn around to see what the fuss is about and then I get it. Ron and Hermione just walked in holding hands. Hermione looks down at their conjoined hands and smiles at me

******************

I walk on the edge of the broken bridge leading to my home. It's still as beautiful as ever. Harry climbs onto the piece of rubble near me and looks down to the Elder Wand in his hands. 

"Why didn't it work for him?" Hermione questions. 

Ït answered to somebody else. When he killed Snape he thought the wand would become his. The thing is the wand never belonged to Snape. It's Draco who disarmed Dumbledore that night in the astronomy tower"Harry explains.

"From that moment on the wand answered to him. Until Harry disarmed Draco at Malfoy manor" My voice rings through the thick air. 

"so that means..."I hear Ron. 

Ït's Harry's..."

"What should we do with it?"

"we?"Hermione turns around to Ron,shocked.

"Just saying that's the elder wand. The most powerful wand in the world". With that,we'd be invincible." 

Harry stares at the wand for a few seconds before he takes it into both hands and snaps it into two. He throws it off the bridge and I can't help but smile at him. Ït's better if stuff like that don't exist"