Chapter 14

Spring time has come to Hogwarts,flowers bloomed as the rest of the snow melt.

" Hi, Hedwig." Harry greets Hedwig.

Hedwig has just flown down to the table where Harry, Ron, Hermione and I are studying

" Look at you playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon." I scoff at Ron. Exams are right around the corner and I know he hasn't started studying yet.

"I'm ready! Ask me any question." He shouldn't have said that.

" All right, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione challenges him.

" ...I forgot." of course.

"Lethe river water, mistletoe berries and Valerian sprigs."

" Perfect," Hermione reacts to my answers. "And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?" Hermione turns to Ron.

"Copy off you? Or Ella?"

"No, you won't!"

"Besides Ron,according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell." I killed off his plan.

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!" Ron mutters to Harry as he checks a card, irritated.

Neville comes hopping into the Great Hall with his legs stuck together as the other students laugh at him. Poor Neville.

" Leg-Locker Curse?"

" Malfoy" I hated how Harry always thought Malfoy was behind everything. I mean,it usually is him but that's besides the point.

Neville approaches us amidst laughter from the other students.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville." Ron advises.

Neville was wobbling uncontrollably. " How? I can barely stand at all!" I couldn't help but laugh at him. He was such a sweet person and didn't deserve this treatment.

Seamus was jumping up, wand at the ready " I'll do the counter-curse!"

Neville refused," No, that's all I need... you to set my bloody kneecaps on fire!"

"He wouldn't set you in fire,only explode." I laughed telling Neville.

Seamus slammed his wand down angrily. " I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" He stalks off angrily, showing a large chunk of hair missing from the back of his head.

Harry screamed excitedly to Ron "I found him!" as he hands Ron a Chocolate Frog card of Dumbledore.

'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark" Wizard Grindelwald in 1945-' Ron read of the card.

"Go on."

'-for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel!'

" I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day." Harry beamed.

Hermione beamed excitedly. "Follow me!"

The four of us tear out of the Great Hall, leaving poor Neville still flailing around.which made Ron and I laugh a little.

" Hey, wait, where are you going? What about the counter-curse?!" before he can say another word he topples over backwards, the other students start laughing.

In the library me ,Harry and Ron are seated, reading until Hermione comes up with a huge book and thumps it onto the table making Harry jump.

" I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

" This is light?"

"You should see heavy reading!" Ron laughed at my attempt to joke.

"Of course! Here it is!" as she reads the description in the page.

"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

"The what?" Harry and Ron said in unison.

I looked up at them,they were looking at each other.

"Honestly, don't you two read?" They shook their heads at my question.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

Immortal? " So you'll never die."

"We know what it means,Ella!"

" Shh!"

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!"

" That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's stone?" As I said this Hermione looked up at me,she knew I was right. Afterall I figured this out weeks ago.