Chapter 67

"dress robes" Hermione clarifies.

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron mumbled still holding the ugly material.

°°°°°°°°°°°

I sit with the rest of the girls on one side of the room as the boy's sat on the other. All Gryffindors.

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the..." Filch fiddles with the sound,"Triwizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas eve night,we and our guest gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity." McGonagall speaks as she slowly walks forward. Please don't be a dance. Please don't be a dance.

"As representatives of the host school, I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward. I mean this literally because the yule ball is, first and foremost...a dance"

Everyone starts to chatter and I sigh in defeat. I hate dancing,even though my father had us take lessons,I was terrible and just thinking about being hit by a ruler because of getting the waltz wrong made my teeth clatter.

"Silence!" She yells as the chatter got louder," The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you,in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons "

The boys look like I feel.

"Now,to dance is to let the body breath. Inside every girl ,a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy,a lordly lion prepared to prance. " She looks at Ron who was jist caught talking.

"Mr Weasley" she walks over to him.

"Will you join me please" she holds out her hand and I see Harry's trying really hard not to laugh making me want to laugh.

They walk to the middle of the room,"now,put your right hand on my waist." She instructs,"where?", Ron is humiliated.

"My waist" she says followed by a whistle. Ron takes his hand off but she puts it back.

She asks Filch to start the music and he does. She counts while they dance and I see the twins dance with the music. McGonagall asks everyone to start an all the girls shoot up while I stay put. No boy stands up excepts for brave Neville.

The next few days Harry would tell me how he would walk in on Neville practising his dance and everyone trying to get dates.

Hermione and I walked along the castle wondering who would ask us. I was hoping Cedric would ask me but I wasn't counting on it.

Harry and Ron complains the entire time that they can't get dates and I even heard rumors thay Hagrid was going with Maxime.

Hermione and I started looking for dresses and she couldn't decide between a periwinkle or baby pink.

We all even sat down at the lake talking about our bad luck when Viktor walked by doing his workout,I presume with a whole group of giddy girls running after him. But his eyes were only on Hermione.