25 years later

Here we are...2023 about to say goodbye. Harry and I are walking towards the gateway to Platform 9¾ with James Sirius Potter, Lily Luna Potter, and Albus Severus Potter. I shoo Valerie off James' trunk, and he runs right through the barrier without saying a word. Valerie looks anxious which makes me eye Harry and slightly push his shoulder to draw his attention.

Harry looks down at Valerie and takes the trolly with him,Harry says something and off they go. Albus and I follow, Valerie's golden blonde hair shine in the sun as her tiny feet pitter patter against the concrete.

Parents kiss they're kids goodbye as they're kids try to avoid the lips. They hurriedly say goodbye before they're friends on the Hogwarts Express sees they're embarrassment. James disappears with his friends without saying anything and Albus runs towards Rose.

I see Hermione and Ron a few feet away,kissing the forehead of Rose, they're daughter. I make eye contact with the Malfoy's. Valerie,my sister, smiles at me and Draco looks confused as to what to do.

I turn my attention back to Valerie,I can tell she's the little version of me. She feels small,introverted,scared and different. I bow down to Valerie struggling with her shoelaces.

"Will there really be thestrals pulling the carriages?"

I eye her with warmth.

"There's nothing scary about thestrals. They're gentle creatures. Anyway,you won't be going up to the school in carriages, you'll be going in the boats remember?" I see relief in her eyes as I speak.

"Mum?"

"Yes?"

"What if I'm put in Slytherin?"

I take my time to answer,I finally lean closer,"Valerie Lily Potter. You were named after two powerful and honest woman,one of them was a slytherin and she was probably the bravest person I've ever known"

Valerie nods and frowns,"but just say I am..."

"Then Slytherin house will have gained a wonderful wizard"

"But if it means that much to you," Harry bows down next to me,"you can choose Gryffindor,the sorting hat takes your choice into account"

"Really?"

"Really" Harry assures.

The train whistle blows,"Ready?" I take her hand in mine. Harry and I give her a last hug as she pushes herself onto the train,she makes eye contact with a woman across the station. A malfoy woman hugging a blonde haired boy. She looks strangely familiar.

25 years later...All was well