the Christmas Party

"yes,why?" I hear Hermione say as I enter their row of the library,"Well,I just thought seeing as neither of us can go with who we'd really like to,we should go together,as friend."

"What have I missed" I cross my arms and lean against the table towering with books.

"Oh...you two can go together!" Hermione smiles. "What?" I ask...I mean I don't have a date but I feel like Harry wouldn't even want to go with me,"sure" Harry shrugs.

I guess I'm going with Harry.

"Who are tou going with?" Harry ask Hermione as she turns back to him. "It's a surprise" is all she says.

"See that girl over there?" I follow Hermione's eyes as she leans closer to whisper to Harry,"That's Romilda Vane" I look at the dark haired girl,"Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion" "really" "hey!" Hermione snaps her fingers,"she's only interested in you because she thinks your the chosen one" "but I am the chosen one" Hermione wacks him over the head with parchment,"okay,sorry,um..kidding"

I start to walk over to the girl sitting at the end of the row,"where are you going?" Harry grabs my wrist,"I'm only going to talk to her" "Your not going anywhere" he pulls me towards him. This is the kind of stuff that confuses me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I wait in the common room for Harry. Maybe I should've worn s different dress.

Harry comes down the stairs in his dress robes and when he looks up he looks a

Harry comes down the stairs in his dress robes and when he looks up he looks a...speechless. "you..
You...look, nice",  he stutters,"You two" I smile at him. It was an adorable reaction but I don't want to overthink it.

We walk along the corridor to Slughorn's party. Lanterns cover the ceiling but I notice,as I stare at them, Harry stares at me.

Harry and I smile for photos with Slughorn. The flash almost blinds me but I vision steadily returns. Before I could take a drink from Neville, I'm pulled away. I don't look up until I'm behind a light curtain,"Hermione?" "Shhh" she puts her hand over her mouth.

I see the curtain opening,"Hermione. What are you doing? And what happened to you?" She takes her hand of my mouth and folds her arms,"No. I've just escaped. I mean,left Cormac under the mistletoe" she says out of breath.

"Cormac? That's who you invited?" Harry asks as I watch Hermione's ship go down.

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most" she admits,"He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant"

The curtain opens and a waiter comes in with a tray. Hermione tells me to go out there and distract him while she hides a little longer.

I go out to find him but before I do I ses him at the Curtain where I was just hiding with Hermione. She runs for it and I catch up with her. We run towards the other side of the room.