Personality Dreamtale |1

Warnings: DID, segregation, discrimination, possibly wrong information about DID,

There was a village, it surrounded a tree that has been filled with apples for as long as anyone can remember. The tree has always been protected, but for the past ten or so years there has been a new protector. Protectors, if you count how the new protector has a thing called DID. (Dissociative identity disorder)

Whenever the personality that was named 'Dream' was out he brought joy all around. Making people laugh and smile, and cry from happy tears. Gaining love and positivity from them. No one could hate Dream.

On the other hand, 'Nightmare' was disliked. He wasn't as outgoing as Dream. His jokes never got a single person to even crack a grin. He felt as though he was alone in the world. And always being compared to someone named 'Dream'. That somehow shared a body with him.

But one day a girl with brown hair and a large pink bow moved in to the village. She seemed to not mind Nightmare's quieter attitude. Or how he doesn't make the best jokes. All she wanted was some company, and their friendship worked well. Sometimes she would let Nightmare borrow her green jacket, if it was a very cold night.

It always seemed as though the girl, Isabell, had a wardrobe of the same things. Many grey turtlenecks and blue jeans (all with different holes in them, some with useless pockets), but only one green jacket, and no shoes or socks.

Though every time Dream or Nightmare talked to Isabell about it she would give vague answers. Like insisting she loved feeling the grass and dirt on her feet. Even when she would freak out on how hot the roads are on her bare toes.

-

Currently Nightmare was the one in control of the shared body, whom had one name before that no one remembers. The name didn't really matter to them, because using different names can help tell who is who. Even with their very differing likes, dislikes, and personalities.

Today Isabell had brought two dinosaur coloring books and a pack of Crayons to share. Isabell drawing in a pterodactyl and Nightmare a velociraptor. A thought was plaguing Isabell's mind, and it was showing.

"What are you thinking about?" Nightmare asked, breaking Isabell out of her trance.

Isabell looked at Nightmare, "Nightmare?"

"Yes, Isabell?" Curious on what Isabell was going to say, Nightmare looked at Isabell. Whom was looking back at her coloring page now.

"What is it like when you are not Nightmare?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, when it is not your turn. When Dream is out." Isabell said.

A blank drew in Nightmare's mind when he thought about his reply. (A/n: I honestly don't know why I added this into the story, probably to add words in. This is probably wrong) Nightmare couldn't conjure an idea on what happened when it wasn't 'his turn'.

"I don't know. Maybe it is just like me sleeping, or something." Nightmare admitted.

Isabell looked up, so the two could get to see each other's faces. Isabell's green jacket swayed with the breeze of wind. "That sounds so cool!" Isabell shouted, stopping Nightmare from wondering about what actually happened.

Nightmare felt his heart warm from Isabell's excitement about Nightmare. He let out a light-hearted laugh at this. Isabell laughed too, as laughter was known to be contagious. And the best medicine, though Nightmare doesn't understand that saying very well.

The skeleton looked over at the village. He silently sighed as Isabell went back to finishing her pterodactyl. He knew the village didn't like him. No matter how many times he talks to Isabell or thinks about it, he can never understand why she hangs out with him.

What made her want to hang out with the freak of the village. It is weird enough he is a skeleton. Even weirder having DID. Plus, he was called a 'monster' by the villagers. Even if it was behind his back, he knew. And he knew that people probably discriminate, maybe even segregate Isabell because she is talking to the weirdo of town. It also confuses him though that no one thought anything was wrong about the pure and innocent 'Dream'.

Nightmare shook his head, and saw the sun was starting to set. He knew that Isabell's family didn't care if Isabell stayed the night by the tree, looking up at the stars and pointing out constellations. But he felt as though he needed some 'me time'.

"Your family is probably going to want you back home soon. The sun is starting to set." Nightmare said, and she noticed what he was trying to imply. Understanding that sometimes people need time to themselves.

"Okay, let's clean this up!" The two of them close their coloring books and stack them on top of each other. They gather the scattered crayons of 24 various colors, and place them neatly into the small box.

Isabell stood up, Nightmare stood up with her. She smiled and hugged the skeleton, he hugged back. She pushed him away so she was still touching his shoulders. "Alright, I should go. See you tomorrow!"

With that she was gone. Her and her cheap art supplies. Now Nightmare was all alone, on a hill. The sun starting to set, making the sky be different shades of oranges, reds, yellows, blues, and more.

Nightmare walked over to the tree that 'Dream' and Nightmare called "Mother", and leaned on it. He sighed once again, as he let his body relax and slump down a little. Who knows if he would be able to survive this world if Isabell ever left him. She can brighten anyone's day, and rid them of there worries. Just like 'Dream'.

A/n: How was that? This is sorta close to the original but has more details and is better for sure. Like they were just sitting on the hill doing who knows what and Nightmare made Isabell randomly leave for no reason. Like what?

I'm also trying to make this story longer. (900 ish words)