Two Different Lives (Chapter 1 Finished)

Reader, the picture of the skeleton above, is the first skeleton in this story. His name is Ink, and he is the protector of the alternative universes in this world. But I shouldn't get carried away, I still have to get this story told...

-

-

"Where is it?!" The question sounded more like a shout than just a small question. For I felt a bit raged.

I was earlier wanting to recreate a drawing I have made before. I had a good idea, of this one sketchbook I really liked. With a light brown cover with a white oval in the middle. Inside the oval was a flower that looked hand drawn. With the petals being purple, and the middle type thing being yellow. But the problem is, I can't find it.

I kept looking around, searching per say, in my rather messy bedroom. But then I saw something. It was in the back of my closet on the top of some plain dark brown cardboard boxes. I walked towards it slowly, curious of it's contents. I picked the box up slowly, it felt so light that I almost threw it when I first picked it up. But that doesn't really matter... ....I think. I don't know, my memory can be really horrible sometimes! I walked towards the small formally white bed, now covered in random stuff and paint so it was not white at all. I placed the box on the bed and started to unfold the curved box folds with the cardboard flaps on the top.

What I saw... ...it shocked me. It was a small mask. Almost the same size as my face. But it was a bit larger. It had a cat shape. There was large black eyes in the middle, that were like that one-sided mirror glass thing. Except only the wearer of the mask could see through the black eyes, others just saw black. Above the large eyes were yellow dots, scattered yet close together in the middle of the eyes. On the sides of the eyes, were three red marks, each point out towards the edge of the mask. And two, like the ones by the eyes, except around the cat nose.

I put up the mask, of someone that was very important... After a few long moments I placed the mask to my face. My eyelights, I can bet, would have changed to the left eye being a light blue rain drop, and the right one being a dark blue vertical line. On the back was a small strap that if you were far away, you probably wouldn't see. I used the strap to keep the mask on my face, and removed my hands from the mask.

I started to walk away from my bed, and my box, towards my private bathroom across the room. A slow, wet, tear fell down my face. But no more came after it, for I didn't have real feelings. The best you can get out of me is just a tear really. So I didn't need to worry looking like I just cried my eyes out or anything.

What felt like five minutes later, but I bet was just thirty seconds, I arrived at the bathroom door. I turned the knob and found the only thing in my room that actually looked organized. I let my eyes scower over my own self through the mirror. But the clothing that I wore, looked like something I would wear a year ago, not anymore.

I decided that it would be better if I gave myself a new attire. So I walked out of the bathroom. I opened the door and got broomie off of my back. With a swing there was paint on the ground.

"I am going out for a while!" I yelled, and jumped through, ending up in a clothing shop from somewhere.

I took a look around and saw different types of material. So many different colors, and types of clothing. There was hats to tank tops to stockings. It looked almost never ending for some reason.

But I pushed all of my curiousity, so I can look around and find out a better attire for me. I knew it was going to be tough for sure though.

-

-

I ended up with my undershirt becoming my shirt. I cut the long sleeves off. So there was an uneven cut on each side to make it a t-shirt. The dark brown looked really nice. I finally, removed my jacket off of my waist. My vials were still across my chest thankfully. I put a belt around my waist, holding some 'things' that I like... ...Anyways! My pants were blue jeans that I seemed to really like. My shoes were the same, for I just really love them. I gave myself fingerless gloves on my hands. They were white with splatters of paint here and there (added by Ink secretly). It looked great!

And so, I teleported (don't ask) to the cashier. I arrived at the cashier and after all the paying buisness stuff, I was good to go, so I left back to my bedroom at home.

I looked at myself through the mirror and smiled. I looked nice and my eye-lights seemed to be normal now. But my mask was starting to fall off partially, so I fixed it back on.