[2] Society After Eight Years

Chapter 2: Society After Eight Years

Okay, his first try at leaving the house didn't go so well. If not for his... past life, he may have even gotten traumatized.

In any case— at least he survived, that was a good thing. Right?

No. It turned out that it wasn't a good thing. That, he should have died.

"You idiot! You should have died! W-Why are you alive?!" Tsunade hugged him tightly and cried on his shoulders, her body trembling. "I told you not to go out! Look what that cost you!"

As far as she knew, it cost him nothing. He was wearing short pants, so the cutting of legs didn't leave any mark— rather, he had shown his abilities by defeating those bandits easily.

Well, maybe not 'easily' but the point still stood.

"Shira, what if a beast attacked you when you were knocked out?!" as if reading his mind, she pulled her face back to glare at him. "That's it, I am locking the door from the outside from now on."

"..." He sighed, knowing no words will stop her from doing that. "Alright. But hey, can I cut my hair short?"

"No!"

"..."

—--

Around a few hours later, after she made sure he was calm and wasn't traumatised, upon which she fell into a long silence, Hashirama decided to breach a question that's been bothering him since a while ago.

"Did you feed me a devil fruit without my knowledge?" He said, sitting at the dining table and watching her cook in the kitchen. "You should have told me, it might have gotten me killed if I went to the water."

She frowned and looked up from the dish she was cooking. "How do you know eating devil fruits makes you unable to swim?"

"...Ah, yeah, that." He searched for something quickly. "The bandits. They said it when I used my wood powers, saying they should throw me into the water to defeat me."

"..."

Okay, maybe telling her that was a worse idea, given how her frown deepened.

In the end, unlike how she expected her to yell at him some more, she sighed and shook her head.

"It's not a devil fruit ability." She said, putting off the fire and walking over to him, leaning over to face his eyes. "It's a legendary ability talked about in the history of our clan. We were trying to recreate it for years and therefore had been mating with different sub-human races to maybe unlock this power. At one point, after countless failures, our grandfather married a woman from the Uzumaki Clan, our grandmother. The people of her clan, just like her, have a sort of innate, ambient energy in their bodies they liked to call chakra. So by conceiving children with grandma, our grandfather wished to recreate the legendary ability of our clan called ‹Wood Release› that hasn't appeared in our clan for a few centuries now. However this... 'experiment' didn't succeed, as none of grandfather's children got it, and neither did their children. As one of the last Senju and Uzumaki left in the world, unfortunately I didn't inherit it either, and until now I was assuming you hadn't either."

Ah.

So even the Uzumaki Clan existed? He wondered how many other things existed here.

In any case, as surprising as her words were— it wasn't anything impossible. Many races did have innate bloodline abilities such as the Lunarians' fire and the Three-Eyed Tribe's third eye that showed them things that normal eyes couldn't. Even the Mink's electricity powers. In this world, powers existed beyond just devil fruit ones, so his origin didn't clash with the setting of this world.